19: Henry Ruggs

80: Kyle Dugger

81: Troy Pride Jr

90:Bradlee Anae

111: Clyde Edwards Helaire

141: Antonio Gandy-Golden

Thoughts?

I can get behind this. 

As we see with SF, DL’s win championships more than any unit in the NFL and more than QBs. We need a true havoc wrecking DT. I’m not super sold on Kinlaw being a stud but he should be pretty good. I think he’ll be a slightly better version of Sheldon Rankins. Nothing close to Donald. 

Ferrell, Kinlaw, Crosby could be a solid unit. Hurst on passing downs and Hankins on running downs. I like Hurst but he’s bad against the run and I think he’d be better against the pass with another pass rusher inside. 

3 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

I see a whole bunch of Chris Jones in. Kinlaw. And Calais Campbell in Derrick Brown.

I love both those guys. 

Yeah Kinlaw is similar to Jones in box scores. It’s not sexy. Doesn’t look great. But if you actually watch all of Chris Jones tape, he broke off his guy EVERY time. He always won. He got inches within finishing constantly. I was pounding for Chris Jones at Pick 14 of the draft that year. 

As for Kinlaw, I see it similarly but not as much to be honest. He’ll be like 65% of Chris Jones which is still pretty dang good. 

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah Kinlaw is similar to Jones in box scores. It’s not sexy. Doesn’t look great. But if you actually watch all of Chris Jones tape, he broke off his guy EVERY time. He always won. He got inches within finishing constantly. I was pounding for Chris Jones at Pick 14 of the draft that year. 

As for Kinlaw, I see it similarly but not as much to be honest. He’ll be like 65% of Chris Jones which is still pretty dang good. 

Might be sacrilege, but I actually see shades of Darrell Russell in Kinlaw.

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I can get behind this. 

As we see with SF, DL’s win championships more than any unit in the NFL and more than QBs. We need a true havoc wrecking DT. I’m not super sold on Kinlaw being a stud but he should be pretty good. I think he’ll be a slightly better version of Sheldon Rankins. Nothing close to Donald. 

Ferrell, Kinlaw, Crosby could be a solid unit. Hurst on passing downs and Hankins on running downs. I like Hurst but he’s bad against the run and I think he’d be better against the pass with another pass rusher inside. 

Why aren’t you sold on Kinlaw as a stud? He’s dominating and disrupting without being polished. Imagine what he can do with Marinelli.

26 minutes ago, 101Raider said:

Might be sacrilege, but I actually see shades of Darrell Russell in Kinlaw.

I like that comparison too. I try to to go with more current players since the game has changed so much, AND 1998 and 1999 Darrell Russell was some top end DT play. If he can put together a career like Russell showed those two years I am good with that comparison. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Why aren’t you sold on Kinlaw as a stud? He’s dominating and disrupting without being polished. Imagine what he can do with Marinelli.

I value consistency. Project DTs have the biggest bust rate for any position. And he still is a project. He is not breaking through anywhere near the rate Chris Jones did in college. I’d be totally fine with Kinlaw at 12. But I’m not “in love” with him.

I’m hoping we can target Javon Hargrave in FA. Loved him as a prospect. And he has been great in the NFL. 

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I value consistency. Project DTs have the biggest bust rate for any position. And he still is a project. He is not breaking through anywhere near the rate Chris Jones did in college. I’d be totally fine with Kinlaw at 12. But I’m not “in love” with him.

I’m hoping we can target Javon Hargrave in FA. Loved him as a prospect. And he has been great in the NFL. 

Hankins is just as good as Hargrave. If we upgrade the DL it will be a Pass Rushing DT. 

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Kinlaw at 12 and Queen at 19 is becoming my favorite mock. I’m not in love with either but both should be solid. DLs win championships and we’ve needed a true MLB forever. Burfict made a huge difference. 

AJ Green in FA. 

This was my most recent TDN Mock, with the thought that we add Robby Anderson or AJ Green in Free Agency. 

12 Javon Kinlaw, IDL
South Carolina

19 Patrick Queen, LB
LSU

80 Michael Pittman Jr. , WR
USC

81 Clyde Edwards-Helaire, RB
LSU

91 Jaylon Johnson, CB
Utah

111 Akeem Davis-Gaither, LB
Appalachian State

141 Avery Williams, CB
Boise State

17 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

If the other 31 owners were on lsd. This would be amazing but it's not happening

You just gave me an idea for a part time job. I'll cater food and drinks to the teams tables in Vegas. :D

16 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

Yeah, I think Young, Okudah, 3 QBs and 3 OTs will go before our pick. That means one of Lamb, Jeudy, Simmons and Brown would be available at 12. Most likely scenario imo is Lamb or Jeudy is available. Kinlaw could also go earlier than 12 pushing another one to us.

https://nfldraft.theringer.com/

Just putting this here, i think it's nicely done.

Nice site, I will have reading for the weekend. :D

Moving around because we can...

Give up 12/91&111 to get #8 from Zona

Trade down 19 to Miami for 39/56 & 165

Trade up 165/203 for 142

8/39/56/80/81/142. 

Or don’t do first trade up.

12/39/56/80/81/91/111/142

Miami probably won’t want 19 being they have 18 but if there are two players they really like then maybe and I prefer those two 2nds over their last 1st/and 3rd getting our 4th too.

8 gives us a better choice of BPAs 

39 is a great spot for DB/LB or WR depending on what we did at 8

56 is great spot for falling talent 

those thirds are our depth. Profit lol