2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Biggest fear with getting Lamb who doesn’t create a lot of separation is Carr not throwing it to him. Lamb is not gonna create the separation  that Carr likes so he can throw the ball. We seen it fail with Tyrell who is a big body WR that u just have to trust and throw it. If Carr is the QB he’s gonna just have to throw it in into tight coverage. Like he did in 2016. 

That shouldn’t matter because if Carr doesn’t well, which he wouldn’t if he doesn’t throw it to Lamb, then he’d get the boot. Take the best guy at 12 hands down. If he can’t get him the ball then find someone who will. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Biggest fear with getting Lamb who doesn’t create a lot of separation is Carr not throwing it to him. Lamb is not gonna create the separation  that Carr likes so he can throw the ball. We seen it fail with Tyrell who is a big body WR that u just have to trust and throw it. If Carr is the QB he’s gonna just have to throw it in into tight coverage. Like he did in 2016. 

Where does all this separation talk come from? Everything I have seen showcases he is a very good route runner. Sure he won't break the 40 record but I don't see him struggling to get open in the NFL.

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Where does all this separation talk come from? Everything I have seen showcases he is a very good route runner. Sure he won't break the 40 record but I don't see him struggling to get open in the NFL.

He’s a good route runner but what I’m saying is he is not gonna create a lot of separation. It’s not a knock on him or anything it’s just the WR that he is. There are WRs like Michael Thomas and Hopkins who are the best in the business and don’t create a lot of separation. 

My whole point was saying with this type of WR u need a QB that’s going to just trust him and just throw it. Carr would need to think of him like a Michael Crabtree and just throw it. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

He’s a good route runner but what I’m saying is he is not gonna create a lot of separation. It’s not a knock on him or anything it’s just the WR that he is. There are WRs like Michael Thomas and Hopkins who are the best in the business and don’t create a lot of separation. 

My whole point was saying with this type of WR u need a QB that’s going to just trust him and just throw it. Carr would need to think of him like a Michael Crabtree and just throw it. 

Ah I see. Fair enough.

If/when we draft a WR high, there are exactly zero excuses for Carr this season. He'd be in the system for a 3rd year, have one of the best lines in football, a top 3 receiving TE, top 10 RB, top 5 FB, and 3 very capable WR's in prospect/Renfrow and Williams.

20 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I’m just look at this speed and comparing it to NFL Defenses. NFL is light years faster. 

17 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Ah I see. Fair enough.

If/when we draft a WR high, there are exactly zero excuses for Carr this season. He'd be in the system for a 3rd year, have one of the best lines in football, a top 3 receiving TE, top 10 RB, top 5 FB, and 3 very capable WR's in prospect/Renfrow and Williams.

People act like Carr was garbage 

- 4,000 yards 

- 70 % completion percentage 

- best wideout was a slow, undersized 5th round rookie 

- team improved from 4-12 to 7-9 with a lot of competitive games 

- AB went crazy, and team was so desperate for WR talent they traded in season for 2 wideouts 

- offense was still not a train wreck and made strides 

- defense never creates turnovers, short field advantage,  or gimme points 

- GM and Coach both praise the QB play 

Could Carr be better? Of course, he didn’t have an MVP type of year like Jackson, Wilson, or Mahomes. I don’t think he had a bad year given all the variables with the team. Next year be the time to judge him, with wideout talent, years in the complex system, and more talent across the board. Of course he needs to improve if we want to be a true powerhouse in the AFC. Everybody does 

Edited by Humble_Beast

38 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I agree with this right here.  H. Renfrow is not a burner, but his route running and ability to get open are superb.  I would say CD Lamb is the same as Renfrow, but better.

I just wanted to say I've seen a lot of talk about KJ Hill at the Senior Bowl.  I've read that he's projected as a day two (2-3 round) pick.  Hoping we can get a first round WR and another in the third.  I know some may believe that is overkill, but I think the WR depth would be great.  CD Lamb, Williams, Renfrow, KJ Hill as our 4 would be awesome.  I don't follow college ball much, so if any of you college football experts could weigh in, it would be greatly appreciated.

11 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

People act like Carr was garbage 

- 4,000 yards 

- 70 % completion percentage 

- best wideout was a slow, undersized 5th round rookie 

- team improved from 4-12 to 7-9 with a lot of competitive games 

- AB went crazy, and team was so desperate for WR talent they traded in season for 2 wideouts 

- offense was still not a train wreck and made strides 

- defense never creates turnovers, short field advantage,  or gimme points 

- GM and Coach both praise the QB play 

Could Carr be better? Of course, he didn’t have an MVP type of year like Jackson, Wilson, or Mahomes. I don’t think he had a bad year given all the variables with the team. Next year be the time to judge him, with wideout talent, years in the complex system, and more talent across the board. Of course he needs to improve if we want to be a true powerhouse in the AFC. Everybody does 

Carr talk goes in the Carr thread

• Like 5

29 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Ah I see. Fair enough.

They’ll always be excuses

the wr was just a rookie, not enough chemistry with carr, timing will be better next year, gruden threatened to blow Carr’s house up if he doesn’t check down  etc etc

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

They’ll always be excuses

the wr was just a rookie, not enough chemistry with carr, timing will be better next year, gruden threatened to blow Carr’s house up if he doesn’t check down  etc etc

Or worst case scenario, rookie gets injured for the season.

9 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I just wanted to say I've seen a lot of talk about KJ Hill at the Senior Bowl.  I've read that he's projected as a day two (2-3 round) pick.  Hoping we can get a first round WR and another in the third.  I know some may believe that is overkill, but I think the WR depth would be great.  CD Lamb, Williams, Renfrow, KJ Hill as our 4 would be awesome.  I don't follow college ball much, so if any of you college football experts could weigh in, it would be greatly appreciated.

I had never heard of KJ Hill until this week so no college football expert here but

that's nice!