2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Dan Orlovsky on Loves INTs: 2 tips, 2 wrong routes, 3 hit WRs in the chest, 3 hail marrys at end of game down a billion scores. That’s 10 of his 17. And I believe he had 6 in 2018. 

As I’ve said a million times, his INTs have nothing to do with accuracy. He is one of the most accurate throwers in this class. Usually dead on the money and can deliver a laser or use touch. He’s much more accurate than Justin Herbert. 

The unique thing about Love is he can throw from a ridiculous number of arm slots similar to Mahomes. No one else in this class can do that. 

Don’t be shocked if Panthers nab their Franchise guy at 7. 

It’d also be very interesting if Love was on the board at 12 and we don’t get to sign Brady. Ahh the NFL Draft, full of non stop surprises. 1st Round is more enjoyable than a lot of the regular season. 

You do realize Love plays in a week conference?  He threw an INT against Kent state, 3 against Louisiana state 2 against Colorado state.

There’s absolutely no excuse why a top QB does that.

I am not high on Love, but I do see a path for him to have NFL success. He has to be in a scheme that not only fits his skillset, but his filed vision. You don't want him to have to interpret layered routes in-between zone defenders, which is exactly what Gruden's passing offense is based on.

In 2018, he played in a vertical offense similar to what Carr did with Musgrave. Love, like Carr, plays best when he sees no defenders in front of his target (short throws), or no defenders behind his target (deep throws). That said, I didn't love Love's 2018 broadcast film, either. Ultimately, I think Carr is more talented than Love and has already developed far more than I would have thought when he was coming out of Fresno.

I know I'm in minority here but, I like Murray better for our team and think mayock prob likes him better too. It's nothing against queen who could be good too.

Just like what I see from Murray and tackling technique can be improved.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You do realize Love plays in a week conference?  He threw an INT against Kent state, 3 against Louisiana state 2 against Colorado state.

There’s absolutely no excuse why a top QB does that.

Lazy analysis just looking at INT numbers. Love had one of the worst supporting cast in all of CFB in 2019. His coach gave him the green light to try to make plays happen on 3rd down when nothing was ever open. 

If you are gonna bring up his INT numbers in 2019, why not bring up his absolutely phenomenal 2018 season before his entire offense left? Seems fair.

Same excuse you guys make for Carr clinging onto 2016. Although that’s three seasons ago. 

Edited by BayRaider

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lazy analysis just looking at INT numbers. Love had one of the worst supporting cast in all of CFB in 2019. His coach gave him the green light to try to make plays happen on 3rd down when nothing was ever open. 

If you are gonna bring up his INT numbers in 2019, why not bring up his absolutely phenomenal 2018 season before his entire offense left? Seems fair.

Same excuse you guys make for Carr clinging onto 2016. Although that’s three seasons ago. 

OK go ahead he’s still in a week conference, some of his best games are Air Force, North Texas, Tennessee tech and Nevada Las Vegas.

Now realistically do you think any of these teams have NFL caliber talent?

1 hour ago, roi34 said:

I know I'm in minority here but, I like Murray better for our team and think mayock prob likes him better too. It's nothing against queen who could be good too.

I don't know much about Murray outside what I've read, but he certainly checks the boxes as a modern LB with leadership ability. His challenges sound coachable. More like he's always looking to make a play vs. reading what's going on and getting out of position. Is that accurate?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

OK go ahead he’s still in a week conference, some of his best games are Air Force, North Texas, Tennessee tech and Nevada Las Vegas.

Now realistically do you think any of these teams have NFL caliber talent?

Carr played in the same conference, on a way more talented offense, probably 5x more talent. Actually, probably 8-9x more talent. Love doesn’t have “windows”. 

When Carr finally played USC, he looked completely dumbfounded. Happy feet, panicking under pressure, was getting fooled by standard NFL level coverages, etc. USC made Carr look like a joke. USC was ranked 19th. Carr finished that game with 217 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, and a whopping 4.0 YPA. Yeah, you read that right. 4 YPA. Carr has been checkdown charlie since college.

In 2018, Jordan Love played Boise State which was ranked 22nd. Second to last week of the season. Pretty similar to USC. USC slightly better, but Carr way way more talent on Fresno State. Against Boise State,  Love finished with 363 yards, 7.7 YPA, and 3 TDs and 1 INT. And stayed in the game til the end. 

Stats aside though, you are drafting Love for his phenomenal talent. Laser arm, tremendous accuracy, tremendous pocket presence, tremendous off-script ability, and has shown the ability to throw completely contorted, from weird body angles, and multiple arm slots, while still firing off accurate lasers. No one does this besides Mahomes/Rodgers (younger Rodgers). He’ll be hard to stop if he gets a good grasp of NFL defenses. 

No one’s saying Love isn’t a project. He needs to be redshirted completely except maybe Week 16-17. However, I actually see very little risk in Love. Especially compared to Herbert and Eason. He has already shown he can make every NFL throw consistently, and his skillset is once in a blue moon. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Carr played in the same conference, on a way more talented offense, probably 5x more talent. Actually, probably 8-9x more talent. Love doesn’t have “windows”

Actually 12-15X more talented.

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Yeah, you read that right. 4 YPA. Carr has been checkdown charlie since college.

The guys who tells everyone not to scout stat sheets, scouting stat sheets for his narrative #pancakes

10 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

In 2018, Jordan Love played Boise State which was ranked 22nd. Second to last week of the season. Pretty similar to USC. USC slightly better, but Carr way way more talent on Fresno State. Against Boise State,  Love finished with 363 yards, 7.7 YPA, and 3 TDs and 1 INT. And stayed in the game til the end.

So we're just out here comparing the 2013 USC team and the 2018 Boise State teams now lol? How'd Brett Favre play against the Alabama in 1990?

14 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Stats aside though

Oh okay... good, because you just used them a second ago to say Carr has been check down Charlie since college.... so glad we can just throw them out again, I was getting worried. #pancakes

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

you are drafting Love for his phenomenal talent. Laser arm, tremendous accuracy, tremendous pocket presence, tremendous off-script ability, and has shown the ability to throw completely contorted, from weird body angles, and multiple arm slots, while still firing off accurate lasers.

https://www.thesaurus.com

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No one’s saying Love isn’t a project. He needs to be redshirted completely except maybe Week 16-17. However, I actually see very little risk in Love. Especially compared to Herbert and Eason. He has already shown he can make every NFL throw consistently, and his skillset is once in a blue moon.

You are WAY overblowing his skill set because the Mahomes comparisons run wild. Not the best athlete or best arm in this QB class alone. And it's all for not if he doesn't learn to read defenses. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Actually 12-15X more talented.

The guys who tells everyone not to scout stat sheets, scouting stat sheets for his narrative #pancakes

So we're just out here comparing the 2013 USC team and the 2018 Boise State teams now lol? How'd Brett Favre play against the Alabama in 1990?

Oh okay... good, because you just used them a second ago to say Carr has been check down Charlie since college.... so glad we can just throw them out again, I was getting worried. #pancakes

https://www.thesaurus.com

You are WAY overblowing his skill set because the Mahomes comparisons run wild. Not the best athlete or best arm in this QB class alone. And it's all for not if he doesn't learn to read defenses. 

Once again, you are arguing to argue and refuse to make any shred of sense while trying to discredit me. 

- He used stats, I used his own argument against him and how stats doesn’t even work in his favor. 

- He said Love played in a weak conference and didn’t have any good games against good/ranked teams. Do you have reading issues? You are basically acting as if I brought it up out of the blue. I am basically replying to his own point and using his own argument against him, once again. Carr played in the same conference. When Carr/Love finally played a Ranked Team, Carr got absolutely obliterated where Jordan Love played extremely well. Once again, I’m showing how flawed his own argument is and the points he is making against Love, I can make right back 2x stronger. 

None of your pancake bs is true BP, but it seems you cannot debate without insults, something I’ve known for a long time, and something other posters are realizing as well. And then you accuse me of these things, when in reality, it’s what you yourself do and not me. #theultimatepancaker

Your posts are straight up HB level and you make this subforum ridiculously toxic. It’s basically every day. Like the “tremendous” part of the quote was just pure taking a shot garbage and proves how obsessed you have become with me. 

Any time I question Carrs work ethic, you follow me around for a week in every thread all p****ed off and taking shots and insulting the s*** out of me. You do realize how absolutely pathetic this is? When I never said he had bad work ethic. I said compared to the GOAT, it’s no where close. Brady breaths football like no other QB except maybe Manning. And then you blow it out of proportion while Carrs juices flow from your mouth. 

You’re the most massive keyboard warrior I have ever seen in my life. Like seriously, get a life and stop making your #1 Priority literally making s*** up while attempting to flame me every three seconds. 

You don’t live rent free in my head BP, it’s quite the opposite. I don’t go around flaming you, absolutely obsessed with you, and quoting you more than your own singular posts. I never start a conversation with you at all actually. Always you. I live rent free in your head. You literally can’t stop your obsession over me every time you log on. I mean this with all my heart, but please get yourself mentally evaluated. You have deep deep issues. I honestly feel sorry for you. Probably have never held a relationship in your life with this type of behavior. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

All fair, but some of his ints are horrific. Especially some goaline ones. But he has tools that could make him very successful. I can see why people rank him high. For me personally his short throws make me little nervous, hopefully footwork helps that. But those deep throws entice me so much.  Since we haven't had that in while.

51 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I don't know much about Murray outside what I've read, but he certainly checks the boxes as a modern LB with leadership ability. His challenges sound coachable. More like he's always looking to make a play vs. reading what's going on and getting out of position. Is that accurate?

He improved this year in his reading and making plays. He's been solid for few years and improves each. He can definitely fly to ball and delivery a hit. Needs to get better at wrapping those up and not caught trying to make big hit. I just trust him more because he had more film than queen. 150 tackles as sophmore I believe.

Edited by roi34
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, roi34 said:

Murray fits Grudocks criteria like a glove! Leadership, High character, loves football etc. I agree

• Like 2

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Carr played in the same conference, on a way more talented offense, probably 5x more talent. Actually, probably 8-9x more talent. Love doesn’t have “windows”. 

When Carr finally played USC, he looked completely dumbfounded. Happy feet, panicking under pressure, was getting fooled by standard NFL level coverages, etc. USC made Carr look like a joke. USC was ranked 19th. Carr finished that game with 217 yards, 2 TDs, 1 INT, and a whopping 4.0 YPA. Yeah, you read that right. 4 YPA. Carr has been checkdown charlie since college.

Stats aside though, you are drafting Love for his phenomenal talent. Laser arm, tremendous accuracy, tremendous pocket presence, tremendous off-script ability, and has shown the ability to throw completely contorted, from weird body angles, and multiple arm slots, while still firing off accurate lasers. No one does this besides Mahomes/Rodgers (younger Rodgers). He’ll be hard to stop if he gets a good grasp of NFL defenses. 

Carr was playing hurt against USC.. wow this guy really hates DC, even trying to find dirt from college to fit his narrative 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Wow, been agreeing with a lot your takes 

• Like 2