2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

If we can walk away with a WR that poses good value (D. Robinson if he comes cheap) and a starting safety this FA will be a major step in the right direction for this franchise.The bottom of our WR corp is trash so almost any signing at this point would be an improvement.

That would leave us open to drafting a WR at 12 and a CB at 19 and if we hit on both those players this team could surprise next season. 

9 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If we can walk away with a WR that poses good value (D. Robinson if he comes cheap) and a starting safety this FA will be a major step in the right direction for this franchise.The bottom of our WR corp is trash so almost any signing at this point would be an improvement.

That would leave us open to drafting a WR at 12 and a CB at 19 and if we hit on both those players this team could surprise next season. 

Can’t reach on position though. Some team will reach on Fulton/Henderson around 19, but I’d rather that not be us... imo no corner outside Okudah should be selected in the Top 25. 

In my latest mock I have:

12. WR Henry Ruggs III (Jeudy already gone)

Trade 19 for 34/44 (Colts)

34. S Antoine Winfield Jr. 

44. CB Jaylon Johnson

Personally I love both Winfield and Johnson. Both veryyy physical players. I’d be surprised if Mayock didn’t like them. Both fit in extremely well with the defense. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Can’t reach on position though. Some team will reach on Fulton/Henderson around 19, but I’d rather that not be us... imo no corner outside Okudah should be selected in the Top 25. 

44. CB Jaylon Johnson

Personally I love both Winfield and Johnson. Both veryyy physical players. I’d be surprised if Mayock didn’t like them. Both fit in extremely well with the defense. 

I would like that trade back as this roster still needs quality depth.  I will have to do more research on the DB's you mentioned but are you taking Ruggs over Lamb in this scenario? I really like what I have seen from Lamb and I feel like his game could be the best fit for what this O needs.   If we did end up with this draft I wouldn't mind a double dip at WR if Pittman is on the board int he 3rd.

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

44. CB Jaylon Johnson

Aplus draft

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I would like that trade back as this roster still needs quality depth.  I will have to do more research on the DB's you mentioned but are you taking Ruggs over Lamb in this scenario? I really like what I have seen from Lamb and I feel like his game could be the best fit for what this O needs.   

I’d be ok with Lamb over Ruggs but I feel there will be less speedsters in Round 3 than there will be catch-in-traffic type guys. Pittman Jr should be available in the 3rd, along with Tyler Johnson, and a host of others. Plus, I like Ruggs more than Lamb straight up anyways. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I’d be ok with Lamb over Ruggs but I feel there will be less speedsters in Round 3 than there will be catch-in-traffic type guys. Pittman Jr should be available in the 3rd, along with Tyler Johnson, and a host of others. Plus, I like Ruggs more than Lamb straight up anyways. 

I suppose it's a preference as I tend to value catch in traffic/ contested ball WR's more than speed guys.  I do like Lamb's ability to do both and by no means is Lamb slow but no where near the speed of Ruggs at 4.27 but not many are.  

Either way I would love that trade back form 19 to snag 34 and 44.  

16 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Would you take Ruggs over Lamb if both are on the board at 12?

yes, I like both Bama boys better. Would want either one but I prefer Ruggs. Ruggs has a higher ceiling to me, and Jeudy has a higher floor. I feel the offense needs more speed. Jacobs is explosive in spurts but not really long end speed, and Hunter will have a big role(not a burner). I think Ruggs is better than Hollywood, and DJ Moore who both have had great success the last two seasons.

53 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

our depth at: WR, T, LB, CB is trash. Hope we sign vets for the minimum at those spots.

CJ Henderson will be drafted higher than 19. The only knock on him is his willingness to play the run but his coverage skills are very good. Physically and athletically, he's the prototypical outside CB.

If we target CB in the bottom half of the 1st (19 or trade down), Fulton, Diggs and Terrell are possibilities.

4 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Lamb will be good, but he is going to have to work alot harder against NFL CB1 compared to Big12 Defenses. 

Seemed to be fine vs ranked teams he faced

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

44. CB Jaylon Johnson

I could get behind that, would prefer Jeudy or Lamb at 12 if I’m honest but really keen on both Winfield and Johnson and as you say, they’re both physical dogs back there who play hard and fit right into that type of culture we’re looking to cultivate. Add in some good value guys in the 3rd and 4th and we’d be looking at a much improved team.

• Like 1

I watched a little of CJ Henderson last night and although he does some nice things, particularly in off coverage, I don't think he's the type of player Mayock and staff are looking for at the position. He's not very physical. Funnily enough, Darius Slay might be a good comp for him.

Between Henderson and Terrell, I like how Terrell plays the position more even if Henderson might be better in coverage. Terrell plays a lot more press man and press zone, which is something the Raiders do in their scheme. He also is more active as a tackler against the run. Overall, he's just more of a "dog."

I'd like to see the Raiders pick a receiver at 12 and then trade back from 19 and grab Terrell. I also like Fulton around the same spot.

• Like 4