2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

9 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Of Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs, which receiver will help us most on 3rd and 8+? That's where we need to get better the most. I never thought of it like that prior to today for some reason...

that's a tough one, lamb has the aggression, jeudy the separation and ruggs the blinding speed, all three got hands. if ive gotta pick tho, its lamb for me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

12. CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma 

19. CJ Henderson | CB | Florida 

80. Ashtyn Davis | S | California 

81. Malik Harrison | LB | Ohio State

91. Zack Moss | RB | Utah

121. Solomon Kindley | OG | Georgia 

159. Trevon Hill | Edge | Miami (FL)

nice picks,  I could live with this for sure.lol

• Like 1

Just now, Devilshark69 said:

that's a tough one, lamb has the aggression, jeudy the separation and ruggs the blinding speed, all three got hands. if ive gotta pick tho, its lamb for me.

Jeudy is the most talented but his hands in traffic can be iffy. It blows but we can't have that ideally. Ruggs may open up the run game and short pass game the most because of his vertical speed so he could indirectly be the answer. Lamb is the most reliable but has the least experience running pro style routes. He did have the 2nd fastest 10 yard split, which i think is very notable...

Just now, Devilshark69 said:

@ 12 I want Lamb or Jeudy.  Ruggs @ 19.  I cannot be mad at any of the 3 on 3rd and 8.  

• Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

Jeudy is the most talented but his hands in traffic can be iffy. It blows but we can't have that ideally. Ruggs may open up the run game and short pass game the most because of his vertical speed so he could indirectly be the answer. Lamb is the most reliable but has the least experience running pro style routes. He did have the 2nd fastest 10 yard split, which i think is very notable...

yep , of the 3 seems like juedy gets tagged the most for his hands, a person would just assume it would be ruggs but that not what ive been reading this offseason.

Which teams in front of us are a risk to take WR (not barring a trade):

1. Cincy - No
  2. Washington - No
  3. Detroit - No
  4. Giants. Highly doubtful
  5. Dolphins - No
  6. Chargers - No
  7. Panthers - Doubtful
  8. Cards - I thought they would but after getting Hopkins and drafting a few last year I'll say no
  9. Jags - Doubtful
  10. Browns - No
  11. Jets - Potentially

We're in a good spot to land either JJ or CeeDee, maybe even with both available.

• Like 1

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let's say that D. Brown DT slips to 12, do we pull the trigger on him being a projected stud at a position of need?  The WR class is deep and there should still be some WR talent at 19.

I'd definitely say yes. We'd have a great young DT core with he, Hankins, Collins, Hurst and Hall. 

Just now, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let's say that D. Brown DT slips to 12, do we pull the trigger on him being a projected stud at a position of need?  The WR class is deep and there should still be some WR talent at 19.

Run to the podium and take Derrick Brown. Then consider a small trade up to land one of the top 3.

• Like 2

with this talent pool, and really an uncertain wr group, that's why id double dip for sure. hopefully we can move from 19, that extra pick would be super sweet, and I don't think it`ll affect us getting a solid db prospect (safety or cb) in the late 1rst or 2nd rnd.

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Run to the podium and take Derrick Brown. Then consider a small trade up to land one of the top 3.

yessir, id look like the flash, and someone would be available for trade immediately, hurst or hall? hurst gets better value, so..... id be okay with brown, Collins, hankins and hall and maybe a 2nd or 3rd rndr (if 3rd id want an additional late rnd.)

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I’d have no problem taking elite talent at DT/Edge/CB over elite talent at WR. If any of Brown, Okudah, or Simmons are available then you definitely take them. It wouldn’t even shock me to see Mayock value talent like Kinlaw or Chaisson over any of the WR’s

You need multiple players that can win and get after the QB. You don’t NEED an elite #1 to win but we obviously need talent at WR. 
 I’d be ecstatic with any of the three WRs at 12 but I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion. 

30 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

How’s his technique 

In pass coverage, Henderson is the real deal as a cover corner. He has excellent size to match up against big receivers, and with his speed, he is able to run with deep threats. Henderson also has fluid agility that lets him flip his hips and run with wideouts vertically and keep them from getting open downfield. Furthermore, Henderson has good instincts and reacts well with very good route recognition. On top of his ability to run the route to prevent separation, Henderson has make up speed and length that provide him an excellent ability to recover. 

Henderson demonstrated very good ball skills, as he plays the ball in the air and does a superb job of defending the pass rather than drawing penalties from getting physical with receivers. With soft hands, instincts, and body control, Henderson is a threat to pick off passes, and it can be very dangerous to throw his direction.  

Silky smooth boundary cornerback with mirror-and-match footwork and the agility and athleticism to stay connected to routes. He has NFL recovery burst and the long speed to track vertical routes downfield. He has the twitchy acceleration to jump a throw and take it away if the quarterback lingers on the target, and he's quick to wrap and finish after the catch. He makes mental mistakes from time to time and occasionally loses awareness from zone. He's willing and capable in run support but needs better control as an open-field tackler. Henderson is a fluid cornerback with ball skills and burst and has CB1 ability as a first-rounder.

CJ Henderson has all the traits needed to be dynamic in coverage at the next level and two years of strong tape in the SEC to support the idea. His size, length, fluidity, quickness, speed and coverage instincts give him a chance to be a top corner that is tasked with shutting down the oppositions top receiver - he has every physical trait necessary to do so. While his ball production was modest at Florida, there are flashes of him making aggressive plays on the ball and positioning himself to disrupt at the catch point. 

2 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I’d have no problem taking elite talent at DT/Edge/CB over elite talent at WR. If any of Brown, Okudah, or Simmons are available then you definitely take them. It wouldn’t even shock me to see Mayock value talent like Kinlaw or Chaisson over any of the WR’s

You need multiple players that can win and get after the QB. You don’t NEED an elite #1 to win but we obviously need talent at WR. 
 I’d be ecstatic with any of the three WRs at 12 but I don’t think it’s a forgone conclusion. 

I just don't think that Chaisson or Kinlaw see the field early over the guys that we already have on the roster. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

12. CeeDee Lamb | WR | Oklahoma 

19. CJ Henderson | CB | Florida 

80. Ashtyn Davis | S | California 

81. Malik Harrison | LB | Ohio State

91. Zack Moss | RB | Utah

121. Solomon Kindley | OG | Georgia 

159. Trevon Hill | Edge | Miami (FL)

That 1st round would be ideal.