2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Just now, CaliforniaKid7 said:

You can’t cross anyone off the board at this point. Especially from a beat writer? Even if Mayock himself came out and said we do not like Kinlaw as a prospect I wouldn’t take him off the board. I like Tafur but he doesn’t know what Mayock’s board looks like. 

Vic is not just some random beat writer like Scott Bair. He actually knows more than he should. Last year he knew Josh Allen wasn't the pick (concerns from the staff) and he said in a recent article that he'd say less because the FO gave him some grief.

I trust him when he says the staff feels Kinlaw is too raw. For better or worse Mayock's MO is polished players early in the draft. I love Kinlaw but he doesn't fit that.

CJ Henderson looks like he has elite #1 CB ability. His sophomore tape was much better than his Jr tape but he got hurt early in the year. The only real knock on him is that he doesn't want to tackle but I think some of that has to do with him not trying to re-injure his knee. He came in at the combine at 205 pounds and put up 20 bench reps so it looks like he has taken adding weight/strength serious.

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The only other things that concerns me about Brown is that he tested so terribly at the combine. 

40 yard dash: 16th percentile 

Vertical jump: 12th percentile

Broad jump: 37th percentile

3-Cone drill: 1st percentile 

20-yard shuttle: 10th percenitle 

I looked at his #'s and they aren't bad at all. For a 330 pounder, he should run more like a nose tackle. But a 5.16 40 is very good for that size. Forget trying to jump at 330 pounds. His agility testing is also not very important because he's not going to be doing agility based things anyways. 

DT need to have good first step quickness, snap timing, technique, and power. He has all those things. I literally saw him bullrush an LSU guard with one arm and push him into Burrow for a sack... **** the combine I'll trust my gut.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Of Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs, which receiver will help us most on 3rd and 8+? That's where we need to get better the most. I never thought of it like that prior to today for some reason...

I think Lamb and then Jeudy. Gruden likes running shorter routes so I think Lambs ability to fighter for catches will be great and Jeudy’s route running will help him get open. 

i like Lamb’s sure handedness more though. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I looked at his #'s and they aren't bad at all. For a 330 pounder, he should run more like a nose tackle. But a 5.16 40 is very good for that size. Forget trying to jump at 330 pounds. His agility testing is also not very important because he's not going to be doing agility based things anyways. 

DT need to have good first step quickness, snap timing, technique, and power. He has all those things. I literally saw him bullrush an LSU guard with one arm and push him into Burrow for a sack... **** the combine I'll trust my gut.

I wouldn't mind Brown. But I just think we have bigger needs with our two first round picks. We need another starting outside CB and a #1 WR. Collins is one of the most underrated pass rushing DT's in the league and should help us sure up our interior rush. 

2 minutes ago, Chali21 said:

I think Lamb and then Jeudy. Gruden likes running shorter routes so I think Lambs ability to fighter for catches will be great and Jeudy’s route running will help him get open. 

i like Lamb’s sure handedness more though. 

Lamb's run after the catch ability reminds me of Jacobs he won't go down easily.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

I wouldn't mind Brown. But I just think we have bigger needs with our two first round picks. We need another starting outside CB and a #1 WR. Collins is one of the most underrated pass rushing DT's in the league and should help us sure up our interior rush. 

Some positions are need transcendent. I don't disagree with your needs. I think we can land one of the best 3 WR at 19 with a small trade up (2-3 spots for a 4,5), like I said prior.

But if Joe Burrow was there at 12, I'd probably take him. If Chase Young was there at 12, I'd take him. If Derrick Brown is there, you take him.

Right now 2 levels of our defense are good/respectable. Making the DL near-elite can take the team to the next level. Look at SF. 

You may not be as high on the 2nd/3rd wave of CB's in this draft class like I am though.

Collins is a very good pass rushing DT it seems like, but may not start because he's not great in the run game. Brown can impact all 3 downs right away. 

He can have a bigger impact than any CB we can take outside of Okudah.

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Let's say that D. Brown DT slips to 12, do we pull the trigger on him being a projected stud at a position of need?  The WR class is deep and there should still be some WR talent at 19.

I like Brown of course, but theres just a nagging doubt for me that he'll be a much better run defender than pass rusher at the next level like so many players before him, I can see him being a solid pro for 10 years but underwhelming a little. Its an unpopular opinion but if we go DT I'd go with Kinlaw as his ceiling as a pass rusher IMHO is higher. I see superstar with him.

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Seeing Gurley's insanely quick fall from grace makes me even more sure we need to get a solid #2 behind Jacobs.

I've been yelling this.  We need a viable #2 immediately.  Draft one, sign one, trade for one IDC.  Get someone who... When Jacobs isn't in, the defense still must account for.  

Edited by Totty

Just now, Totty said:

I've been yelling this.  We need a viable #2 immediately.  Draft one, sign one, trade for one IDC.  Get someone who... When Jacobs is it, the defense still must account for.  

I like the idea of signing Carloa Hyde and drafting another one.

• Like 2

I've cooled a lot on Brown. I had him as one of the elite blue chip prospects of the draft, but recently I've moved him down my big board. I even bumped Kinlaw ahead of him. I think he ends up being a dominant NT thats impossible to move in the run game and gives you a couple of sacks a season (2-4) but I don't believe he is athletic enough to cause a ton of pressure in the NFL. His strength is still ridiculous and it will even give NFL linemen problems, but to truly pressure the QB you also have to be athletic enough to close the distance, I simply don't think he is. And if he isnt, a dominant, run stuffing NT isn't enough value in the top 12. I would pass on him unless the top 3 wideouts, Kinlaw, Simmons, and Tua are all off the board. And I don't see that being the case. 

• Like 1

After what we've done so far...I've warmed on Henderson not a horrible tackler.

#12. Cee Dee Lamb. WR

#19. CJ. Henderson, CB

#80. Devin Duvernay, WR

#81. Jeremy Chinn, S / Zach Moss, RB

#92. Malik Harrison, LB

Edited by raidr4life