2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

We are not going to get a starting CB from this draft class, unless someone surprises me. It's like they are all projects. I have no faith in any of these guys except Okudah. 

I am hoping we draft QB James Morgan with our 4th rounder. Our QB1 and QB2 both play scared..... 

1 minute ago, Steins Gate said:

We are not going to get a starting CB from this draft class, unless someone surprises me. It's like they are all projects. I have no faith in any of these guys except Okudah. 

I am hoping we draft QB James Morgan with our 4th rounder. Our QB1 and QB2 both play scared..... 

Put a sock in it. Bashing our QBs is getting old 

• Like 1

End of the day I trust Mayock to find us some guys that are going to come in and contribute. I know we have a few needs WR, CB etc. I just hope we don’t press for needs and get some real game changers. We have a bunch of solid starters everywhere, but if we’re gonna get some game breakers it’s not going to be by drafting for need(except WR this year because we’re in great position in the first and the class is loaded). Whether it be DE or LB or RB, lets go get some ballers 

Overall the verdict is still out for our first round selections last year..

1. Ferrell has shown me nothing to be optimistic about him becoming more then a average nfl starter

2. Abram was hurt..but shown he can hit hard..already knew that.

3. Josh Jacobs is a 1st round RB..you should NEVER miss on a first round RB..so I’m not impressed with that pick

i think Mullen might be our best pick of the first 4 picks last year (best as far as true draft analyst)..it sucks when your 5th round DE is better then the 4th overall choice in the draft. That should NOT happen.

i hope Mayock is in charge of the draft picks. Because I have zero fairth in Gruden as a draft analyst. We’re just lucky Johnny Football isn’t coming out this year..cause Gruden would pound the table for him. 

The jury is still out to see how good Mayock is as a GM as far as drafting. 

7 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

Is anyone still upset that we drafted c Ferrell over Josh Allen last year? 

Max Crosby and Josh Allen on the edges would have been great for the next 8 years. 

Would have been an awkward look last year with Josh Allen and Maxx Crosby both needing to put on weight out of the draft, like now they have bulked a bit but would have been an odd pair for Paul Guenther out of college.

I have been 1 who has suggested trading both 1st to move up for Isaiah Simmons. 

why? Because I’m confident in Simmons being a top talent in this draft. Odds are we will not hit both picks out of the park..it’s great to have two first rounders..but if only one is a great pick, and the other is just a solid player. I think it’s better to have one player like Simmons who can provide our defense with great versatility to shut down Top TEs. I believe Simmons is the future of NFL lbs

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Would have been an awkward look last year with Josh Allen and Maxx Crosby both needing to put on weight out of the draft, like now they have bulked a bit but would have been an odd pair for Paul Guenther out of college.

It hurts to miss on the 4th player choose. In the draft. That’s horrible. I think we missed big. 

My big board last year at our spot:

1. Josh Allen

2. Trade Down

3. Ed Oliver 

4. Brian Burns 

Ferrell for me..was not a player I would have even taken with our last first rounder. 

• Like 1

Advanced issue found

😐

14 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Who knows how long it would have taken for Allen to put on 2 lbs. to match Ferrell's combine weight.

• Like 1

Yeah and it took time for Maxx to gain weight and Ferrell got sick and lost 15 pounds, and now their is chatter about Clelin struggling. I don't think the issue fixes with Josh Allen over Clelin and long term if we aren't using Josh Allen at OLB I'm not upset. I think it will work out as is.

Watching more of Grant Delpit. Playmaking safety in any kind of deep alignment. Great ball skills. Big tall and fast. Reads qb eyes. Has range too.

His ankle sprain definitely affected his ability to tackle in the SEC. I can't imagine playing football with an ankle sprain. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Watching more of Grant Delpit. Playmaking safety in any kind of deep alignment. Great ball skills. Big tall and fast. Reads qb eyes. Has range too.

His ankle sprain definitely affected his ability to tackle in the SEC. I can't imagine playing football with an ankle sprain. 

+1

My realistic big board at 19:

1. Kinlaw (Long shot..will be gone)

2. Ruggs (most likely gone)

3. Delpit

4. Trade down 

5. Chaisson 

6. Mims 

• Like 1