2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

i have my Wrs 1. Lamb 2. Ruggs 3. Jeudy. I think Lamb will be the best of the bunch. My thing with Ruggs though, is the impact hell have on the rest of our offense. With him, we have a legit shot at scoring at any moment. Someone mentioned volume, as a run-first team, id say Waller is our high volume WR, especially with Carr. You put Ruggs in our offense with our run game and Waller and Renfrow eating up the middle of the field. I think he takes us to the next level. Wouldnt be mad at Ruggs at 12, at all. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Geezy said:

i have my Wrs 1. Lamb 2. Ruggs 3. Jeudy. I think Lamb will be the best of the bunch. My thing with Ruggs though, is the impact hell have on the rest of our offense. With him, we have a legit shot at scoring at any moment. Someone mentioned volume, as a run-first team, id say Waller is our high volume WR, especially with Carr. You put Ruggs in our offense with our run game and Waller and Renfrow eating up the middle of the field. I think he takes us to the next level. Wouldnt be mad at Ruggs at 12, at all. 

I think he's a 3-4 catch a game guy, but one of those catches could be a TD any given week.

Play action with Waller and Ruggs will be so dangerous that teams will be unable to stack the box, letting us run better and allowing renfrow to eat underneath.

I’m hoping Brown, Okudah, or Simmons fall to 12 otherwise I’d rather trade out of it. This WR class is just too deep to spend pick 12 on. Although wouldn’t be upset with Jeudy or Ruggs at 12 at all if that’s what Mayock ends up doing. They would certainly be BPA at that point 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I’m hoping Brown, Okudah, or Simmons fall to 12 otherwise I’d rather trade out of it. This WR class is just too deep to spend pick 12 on. Although wouldn’t be upset with Jeudy or Ruggs at 12 at all if that’s what Mayock ends up doing. They would certainly be BPA at that point 

If they are all in the same "tier" with no preference for any of them, I don't mind moving down to around 16. No way SF, tampa, denver, ATL, and dallas all target WR. ATL might want to trade up for Henderson. I'd make that trade.

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

McKinney and Delpit are just very different Safeties.  McKinney gives you the ability to stick him on TEs or in the slot, or play single high FS.  He really does it all.  Very disciplined in coverage.  

Actually McKinneys biggest flaw is Single High Coverage, which is why I don’t like him. He’s great at everything else though. 

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

If they are all in the same "tier" with no preference for any of them, I don't mind moving down to around 16. No way SF, tampa, denver, ATL, and dallas all target WR. ATL might want to trade up for Henderson. I'd make that trade.

If we trade from 12 to 20 or something, we can get a 2nd Rounder. Get a WR there. Mims, Aiyuk, Higgins, and Reagor should all be available there. 

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

If we trade from 12 to 20 or something, we can get a 2nd Rounder. Get a WR there. Mims, Aiyuk, Higgins, and Reagor should all be available there. 

I think there's a clear gap in that WR tier to the prior one. I'd be furious if we took one of those guys at 20. I'd rather use the 2nd rounder to take a WR at that point.

I only have 1st round "grades" on Ruggs, Jeudy, and Lamb. Everyone else has some kind of red flag.

If we could trade from 12 to 16/17 for a 3rd, I'd take that. Package 2 3rds to move up for a cornerback in the mid to late 2nd.

Edited by MrOaktown_56
  • Like 3

2 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I think there's a clear gap in that WR tier to the prior one. I'd be furious if we took one of those guys at 20. I'd rather use the 2nd rounder to take a WR at that point.

I only have 1st round "grades" on Ruggs, Jeudy, and Lamb. Everyone else has some kind of red flag.

2nd Round is what I was talking about. 2nd Round for both WR and CB is the money round and value round this year to get a starter. 

The only guy I can justify at 12 is Jeudy. And even Jeudy isn’t worth 19, 20, and a 2nd Rounder. Give me that trade all day. 

Edited by BayRaider

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Actually McKinneys biggest flaw is Single High Coverage, which is why I don’t like him. He’s great at everything else though. 

Single High isn’t his best attribute but he has the ability to play it and i don’t think it’s as big of an issue as you claim.  It’s not his strong suit but not a “flaw”.  

Just now, jimkelly02 said:

Single High isn’t his best attribute but he has the ability to play it and i don’t think it’s as big of an issue as you claim.  It’s not his strong suit but not a “flaw”.  

He’s definitely not good at it due to pretty average range. 

I’d be surprised if McKinney went in the 1st Round. He has the same exact skillset as Gardner-Johnson from last year who went in the 4th (but consistently mocked in the 1st). 

In 99% of my mocks McKinney has gone to the Lions, Giants, and Browns in the 2nd Round. I think I had him going to Miami once at 26. 

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It's not a flaw, but I think we really need a playmaking single high. Randall can kinda do it. If we sign Randall, we can still draft Mckinney because he's like a better version of what Joyner is asked to do. But I think Delpit will be a steal at 19. We could look back in 2-3 years and he could be a top 5 safety in the NFL.

• Like 1

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's not a flaw, but I think we really need a playmaking single high. Randall can kinda do it. If we sign Randall, we can still draft Mckinney because he's like a better version of what Joyner is asked to do. But I think Delpit will be a steal at 19. We could look back in 2-3 years and he could be a top 5 safety in the NFL.

At FS, Single-High is our biggest need which is why McKinney is off limits. I still think Delpit at 19 would be a very solid pick. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

At FS, Single-High is our biggest need which is why McKinney is off limits. I still think Delpit at 19 would be a very solid pick. 

I don't see Delpit as being a bad tackler at all. Like I said, I don't understand how people expect you to make tough tackles in the SEC with a bad ankle.

2 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I want a trade back with Houston. Get AJ Terrell and Ashtyn Davis. We’d have so much speed and young talent in the secondary. Davis/Abram would be a nice duo on the backend for the next decade.

Terrell and Winefield would be my ideal trade back pick up. But would not be mad if we came away with Davis or Winefield. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

2nd Round is what I was talking about. 2nd Round for both WR and CB is the money round and value round this year to get a starter. 

The only guy I can justify at 12 is Jeudy. And even Jeudy isn’t worth 19, 20, and a 2nd Rounder. Give me that trade all day. 

Curious what you see as Aiyuk's red flags?

Initially i also viewed him as a 2nd rounder only. But the more ive watched of him, the more ive become okay with reaching a bit (in regards to his value, not talent) and taking him in the late 1st. Even at 19 if theres no trade back available.

Complete opposite trend with Ruggs for me.