2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

would anyone really be mad if we drafted Winfield at 19? I want Grant but if he is gone, Winfield is the 2nd back FS to me....  His dad was one hell of player and Winfield really impressed me in college 

reminds me of a young Honey Badger.... would be a nice combo with Abram, we have lacked a ball hawk since Woodson. If Max and Ferrell become stars, might be balls up for grabs for a ball hawk.

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

would anyone really be mad if we drafted Winfield at 19? I want Grant but if he is gone, Winfield is the 2nd back FS to me....  His dad was one hell of player and Winfield really impressed me in college 

reminds me of a young Honey Badger.... would be a nice combo with Abram, we have lacked a ball hawk since Woodson. If Max and Ferrell become stars, might be balls up for grabs for a ball hawk.

Winfield I really like but very similar to Karl Joseph coming out, who was projected to be a swiss army knife player, probably would have similar issues in coverage with bigger targets. I wanted Joseph back and I'd draft Winfield too but I think the FO goes in a different direction with a larger, rangier body back there. 

1 minute ago, Darbsk said:

Winfield I really like but very similar to Karl Joseph coming out, who was projected to be a swiss army knife player, probably would have similar issues in coverage with bigger targets. I wanted Joseph back and I'd draft Winfield too but I think the FO goes in a different direction with a larger, rangier body back there. 

you are probably right, both Joseph and Winfield undersized. I think PG didn't think highly of Joseph because of his size 

Last one, and another one of “my guys” perhaps: Logan Wilson may get some Mountain West shade, but he can play. From NFL.com’s draft analyst Lance Zierlein: “Ultra-productive three-year team captain with instincts and cover talent to find work as an every-down linebacker. His play recognition, burst and lateral agility help him play faster than his timed speed and his fundamentals as a tackler are as good as you’ll find in this draft.”    this would definitely be a target for me in the 3rd, him, Harrison and maybe dye would be my choices for another lber in the 3rd rnd. in that order.

Edited by Devilshark69
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I like Winfield but 19 is way too rich for me.  Just my opinion.  After seeing Joseph, who admittedly has very different traits, struggle with bigger players in coverage I’d like to stay away from sub 5’10 Safeties.  
if we traded 19 for 34+44 I’d be way more comfortable taking him at 44 than 19.

as for my choices to fill a safety need its D&D for me.lol  davis or dugger in the 3rd would be outstanding as well.(also very hopeful because them making it that far down is doubtful) both cn play deep or in the box when necessary, and neither is 5`10".lol either would work for PG`s system

Edited by Devilshark69

20 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Winfield does not play fast enough for me....I know he ran good at the combine, but I don’t see that same speed when he plays. I also don’t like the idea of small safety’s in our division. That’s just my opinion. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Who are some "consensus" favorites in round 3 potentially?

I like Bradlee Anae, Amik Robertson, Troy Pride Jr, Michael Pittman Jr, Van Jefferson, and Chase Claypool...

for me? hurts,dillon,pittman,v Jefferson, t Johnson(totally not talked about much rt now.lol)dpj, L Wilson, Harrison, dye, davis-gaither, dugger and davis, pride jr and Darnay holmes.

• Like 1

Gun to my head, after we take a WR at 12, and no trade back at 19, I’m taking Delpit. 

I know he has tackling issues, but it’s not a “soft” thing like Henderson. I think the injuries played a role in it, and feel it can be improved upon. Also, he’ll be lined up next to Abram, how could you not bring it?

Edited by Geezy
  • Like 2

56 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Our major needs going into the draft are as follows.  Starters (WR, CB, S, LB, 3T possibly) Depth (RB, Edge,OL) If we stand pat and don't make any trade how would you like to see our first 4 picks play out?  I'm not asking for specific players but more along the lines of positions being addressed and filled?

If we can come away with a WR,CB,S and RB I would be very pleased.  

I see it as WR is top need and 1st round talent, prefer #12 pick. LB right there too but not until 3rd round and double dipping at both WR and LB

CB and S are a need to upgrade but we look about the same as we did last year. Mullen replaced  Conley as the young guy with upside. A rookie in 2nd/3rd would replace Mullen as we didn't know what we had. Apple though inconsistent has more upside than Worley so that's about the same and Joyner is what he is. LOL So it 'looks' like a strong need (it is) but not more than it looked last year. LOL Now S last year we thought Joseph was a BUST but he did well when given the opportunities. Harris is way better than this time last year and is a solid player. Was worried when we resigned him but I WAS WRONG. He balled. Abram was a cocky rookie who seemed likea reach and in the box thumper. In his limited action he showed he's an enforcer and had me about to eat crow as a reach but we still don't know. Heath is ST and what I thought Harris was going to be. Joyner at S is...well he's not or maybe is or maybe?!? Whatever but needs to play better or he's shark bait next season. My good friend and CHUM.

3T is not a need at all IMO. Collins, Hurst and Hall. I'd wait til 3rd round and not reach. Someone will slip and a NT to replace Hankins might be needed but I hope he gets another contract. Hall can back him up. 

Depth RB is a need for a bigger back but 4th/5th round unless a gem falls to the 3rd like Akers. Edge is a higher need IMO than DT. Crosby produced and might get a lot more attention so can't expect him to get the same production but he seems like the type to improve a lot each season so he my produce even more. Ferrell is solid but isn't replaceable. Epe or YGM would not upset me. That way Crosby rotates to either side for best match up and rookie spells either side. YGM reminds me of Tuck but love the Chandler Jones comps in the draft thread. Epe might be better suited in a 3-4 but I think would be just as good as Ferrell but Epe only on a trade down but YGM I'd take at 19 in Bay's post with who's available.

All I know is I'm EXCITED for this draft. The capital we have can go any direction or stay put. I think it goes...

12 WR 

19 trade down and get CB be that late 1st or early 2nd

Next pick is from that trade down and late 2nd early 3rd I'm already double dipping WR as I think the value is gone by 80. Could also be a S

80 is a LB and 81 is DL if falling and probably DT or a falling RB with 91 being another LB/CB/or WR if we didn't double dip WR yet. 

4th is IOL or RB or LB if not double dipped yet.

5th is BPA but OL depth is good. 

I really want a trade down at 19 and hope a QB or two are there for someone to want to give us fair compensation.   :D

• Like 1

I loved kj, sad to see him go. what a college highlight reel, one of my favorites ive watched all time. just glad he didn't end up in kc. abram being drafted signaled the end we all knew....unfortunately. I wish him well.

Edited by Devilshark69
  • Like 2