2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Johnson is also an A+ person. He doesn't hold at all. My favorite part about him.

About to hype up this Jaylon Johnson at 19 hype train.

People only thought Ferrell was a reach at 4 because he was 13-19 in 99% of Mock Drafts. 

People only think Johnson is a reach because he goes 40-45 in most mock drafts. 

I love Johnson. Top 30 player for me, borderline Top 25. He’s also DJ’s 28th and PFF’s 27th. Bringing those up for the reason that two draft sources agree on him being Top 30. It’s not like a “rare” thing. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

This has us taking Fulton at 19. Every two weeks I give Fulton another chance and end up turning off his tape 15 minutes in. Hard pass. 

With that said, Jaylon Johnson goes 22 in this Mock. A perfect fit for our defense and a true Gruden Grinder. 

As you know, I love Jaylon Johnson as a fit for us and though it could be a reach I think NFL teams may have him a little higher on their boards than the media, good sized physical CBs who can run, play press and have good ball skills dont grow on trees. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

As you know, I love Jaylon Johnson as a fit for us and though it could be a reach I think NFL teams may have him a little higher on their boards than the media, good sized physical CBs who can run, play press and have good ball skills dont grow on trees. 

I’m not gonna be shocked if he’s the pick at 19. Nor will I be disappointed. I even wanna change my recent Delpit pick to Johnson, will probably revise a week before the draft. 

Edited by BayRaider

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I’m not gonna be shocked if he’s the pick at 19. Nor will I be disappointed. I even wanna change my recent Delpit pick to Johnson, will probably revise a week before the draft. 

Hopefully the FO has a plan for FS. I'm underwhelmed as it stands, but I agree a CB is safer than Delpit at 19.

2 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I did a mock of my own, what I would do personally: Based on how the TDN board fell

12: Ceedee Lamb 

Not much to say here

19: Grant Delpit

Gives us the rangy FS playmaker to take away deep threats and create big plays. Delpit forces a lot more fumbles than people realize too. He will bring an attitude and swagger with Abram on the back end.

80: Darnay Holmes

Just missed on Troy Pride here. Very scrappy DB who can play inside or outside. Has shown the ability to play off, zone, and press.

81:Amik Robertson

Hear me out. Yes Holmes and Robinson aren't big. But Robertson can make a living off his instincts and tackling ability. He will find his way onto the field sooner rather than later. Both Robertson and Holmes offer a different "flavor" of corner than Mullen, Apple, Nixon, and Isaiah Johnson, who are all a bit longer. These guys have twitch and closing burst. I can see Robertson eventually transitioning to safety/ a versatile dime back who can play all over.

91: Michael Pittman Jr.

I agonized over Claypool and Pittman. Pittman is a more natural WR prospect and he has savvy, like many of these guys. He will find his way onto the field. Will be an immediate RZ asset for potential for more over time.

121: Logan Wilson

Athletic, smart LB who can come in and learn. He won't start right away, but has no physical limitations to eventually become a good 3 down LB. It may take a year or so, but he's not going to be counted on right away.

159: Lamical Perine

Perine is underrated IMO. I don't hear talk of him, but he's a smart underrated player in the SEC who picks up tough yards, can catch the football, and will be a valuable, cheap backup on a rookie deal. The most value I could get here.

definitely like those last 2 picks.lol  I think everyone knows that by now. getting them in the 4th and 5th would cause me to do backflips.lol  perine is not as overall talented as Jacobs but the similarities in size, skillset and being underused in a rotation are definitely interesting, im just hoping scouts don't watch his last game with florida too much (he had a pretty good one.lmao! )

• Like 1

This would probably give a few of you heart attacks, but we don’t know what Mayock/Gruden think of certain QBs. They could hate Love/Herbert with a passion. They could be in love with both or one of them. As much as you want to get into their mind, you can’t. So let’s say Gruden/Mayock fall in Love with Love, no pun intended. 

This is another mock combination possibility:

12. QB Jordan Love

19. CB Jaylon Johnson

Late 2nd from Carr Trade: Ashtyn Davis, Chase Claypool, KJ Hamler, lot of possibilities. 

Keep an open mind. 

The only way people become shocked on draft day is if they were close minded for four straight months. 

24 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

About to hype up this Jaylon Johnson at 19 hype train.

People only thought Ferrell was a reach at 4 because he was 13-19 in 99% of Mock Drafts. 

People only think Johnson is a reach because he goes 40-45 in most mock drafts. 

I love Johnson. Top 30 player for me, borderline Top 25. He’s also DJ’s 28th and PFF’s 27th. Bringing those up for the reason that two draft sources agree on him being Top 30. It’s not like a “rare” thing. 

I like Johnson as well, the only reason I feel he might be a reach at 19# and the main reason I believe he drops in the draft are the multiple shoulder surgeries.  I dont believe he would be fully healed by the start of the season, and if it isnt healed 100% then that just increases the risk of the shoulder being reinjured.

That's my only concern about him, otherwise I'd be all for taking him at 19.

• Like 1

for those of you not familiar with this man, here ya go. watch and tell me this man wouldn't make a great #2 to Jacobs. his average fell from 6.2 per carry his jr year to closer to 5 this year I think, but word is a lot of that had to do with the very young o line at florida. Jacobs, him and Richard would be perfect imo. great receiver, hands catcher, good blocker as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

I like Johnson as well, the only reason I feel he might be a reach at 19# and the main reason I believe he drops in the draft are the multiple shoulder surgeries.  I dont believe he would be fully healed by the start of the season, and if it isnt healed 100% then that just increases the risk of the shoulder being reinjured.

That's my only concern about him, otherwise I'd be all for taking him at 19.

A solid concern. If healthy though, you like him at 19, so that’s good. 

1 minute ago, Devilshark69 said:

for those of you not familiar with this man, here ya go. watch and tell me this man wouldn't make a great #2 to Jacobs. his average fell from 6.2 per carry his jr year to closer to 5 this year I think, but word is a lot of that had to do with the very young o line at florida. Jacobs, him and Richard would be perfect imo. great receiver, hands catcher, good blocker as well.

4th Round let’s get him!

6 hours ago, OG_C2X said:

I can't figure out who I prefer as a fit next to Abram, Ashtyn Davis or Antoine Winefield Jr. 

I really like both prospects. Going to go back and rewatch some games this weekend.

Like both these safeties. Feel either of them would be a excellent pickup. Lately on fan speak I've been going with whichever one is available in the 3rd. I feel the safety value is better outside the 1st rd this year.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

4th Round let’s get him!

that would be outstanding, I don't think pro scouts are sleeping on him.lol nfl just de values rbs as a whole. if we have a decent wr, cb s, and lber by our 3 rd 3rd rounder it wouldn't bother me if they took him then, especially if you don't think he makes it to our 4th. and its not like youre not gonna get value outta him as a late 3rd. a good backup for Jacobs is essential for us as we all know. another interesting thing I saw while looking up his career at florida….0 fumbles... jus sayin.

Edited by Devilshark69

maybe im biased after Jacobs rookie yr. but gimme SEC rb`s all day, overall talent, the defenses they run against every week etc. if you cant find the type you like in that conference....you haven't looked hard enough....shoutout to OU and WIS as well....churning out pro rb`s constantly.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

maybe im biased after Jacobs rookie yr. but gimme SEC rb`s all day, overall talent, the defenses they run against every week etc. if you cant find the type you like in that conference....you haven't looked hard enough....shoutout to OU and WIS as well....churning out pro rb`s constantly.

Nothin wrong with wanting SEC talent. They play the best of the best. 

ya know... I know chris trapasso is a professional writer but I gotta laugh a little when I see his latest mock and you have derrick brown falling to the jags at 20? I guess everyone is entitled to their opinion.....in mine... no flippin way that happens. he had us taking ruggs over lamb...ok ,whatever. but if he thinks for a second mayock and gruden will pass on brown not once but again at 19? c`mon man! lol! h*ll , even if you didn't want the player...im 1000% certain the phone would be ringing.lol probably at 12 before 19! lmao!

• Like 1