2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Still much prefer Jaylon Johnson but AJ Terrell is really growing on me. Solid coverage. He’s definitely no Okudah or Henderson in coverage... but he’s better than Fulton and Gladney. A lot better than Fulton. He also has great size, 4.4 speed, and one of the most important aspects: He’s a great tackler. He’s probably the best CB in this class when it comes to defending the screen. He snuffs that out with a tackle for no-gain almost every time. 

I still think 19 is a little rich and would prefer a trade down to 26-27. But even at 19, I’d still be on board if Mayock has him rated that highly. 

I'm getting higher on Terrell too, he has some nice traits and i think his one bad game (maybe there were more but i havent seen them yet) is really getting built up, he's not quite as aggressive as Johnson but i feel he'd work in our system and after taking Mullens we're bound to be looking very, very closely at him. With a trade down he'd definitely be in play.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

It's a bad spot honestly given the Raiders need. I'm hoping one of the top end defenders drops to 12 and they can grab WR at 19 ideally.

If they take WR at 12 and can't trade off 19, give me Murray (who I think Mayock is all over) to round out the LB spot and become the eventual leader of the defense. Also like Queen and Baun as a wild card.

If reaching for CB - Johnson is the best scheme fit and agree he has a shot to be a great one. Long, physical press man corner with upside. I like Gladney as well. (would love either with a trade back. If reaching for Safety - McKinney

Murray, Queen, Johnson McKinney, Baun - Unless someone unexpected like a Kinlaw dropped to 19. 

Good post, Baun is a guy I haven't heard much hype over but a guy I think can excell as an off the ball LB who can also be a valuable blitzer or rotation pass rusher. I can see him moulding into a very good SLB or even MLB within a couple years.

33 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Jags, Brown, Falcons

I could see Atlanta as being a very very chance.

with the browns..: they can’t pass up on an elite OT prospect... or can they? They are the browns.... but even still how do you ignore OT when there are some beasts available to go S? But they are the browns lol

Jags... by all estimates One of and Simmons or D.Brown should be there.  With a pick at 19, where Delpit might be but at least one of Henderson (CB), McKinney, and Delpit have a high high probability of being there... and in a rebuilding year... can they pass on a much higher rated player (BPA approach) to take a safety... which is a need but they do have Ronnie Harrison at SS.

early conventional wisdom states is Atlanta at 16.... but if a team has him much higher on their board then most you never know

that wasn’t such a rude, explosive attack on your opinion as @BayRaider would try very hard to make other believe, was it?

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I'm getting higher on Terrell too, he has some nice traits and i think his one bad game (maybe there were more but i havent seen them yet) is really getting built up, he's not quite as aggressive as Johnson but i feel he'd work in our system and after taking Mullens we're bound to be looking very, very closely at him. With a trade down he'd definitely be in play.   

That LSU game was just crazy

I like him tho and I think mullens will push him and they will compete at a very high level

any notice how similar dye and Littleton are? Littleton would be perfect for dye

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

When I watched Clemson games last year pre draft I noticed Terrell flashing more then just about everyone on that defense. More then Mullen and more then Ferrell. I think he is going to be a stud. 

Let's not pretend that Terrell wasn't going up against Lamar Chase and Joe Burrow with Joe Brady scheming it up. 

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, OG_C2X said:

When I watched Clemson games last year pre draft I noticed Terrell flashing more then just about everyone on that defense. More then Mullen and more then Ferrell. I think he is going to be a stud. 

Let's not pretend that Terrell wasn't going up against Lamar Chase and Joe Burrow with Joe Brady scheming it up. 

100% Not to me He wasn’t exactly smokes in many of those plays.... off the top of my head he was right there in good position on one long pass and the other long one he got picked by his own player... it’s always your fault for not making the play but the teammate shouldn’t have gotten in his way.  CBs are going to give up plays it’s the nature of the position... you can’t let a few plays vs elite elite competition overrule 3 years of solid play.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I like him tho and I think mullens will push him and they will compete at a very high level

any notice how similar dye and Littleton are? Littleton would be perfect for dye

Dye is a guy I like too, another good mid round prospect who has some failings but he would certainly be good depth working his way into a role.

25 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

I can see that comp.... not the absolute strongest but there’s many similarities.  I just think with Littleton and Morrow at WLB and only Lee at SAM, that we should go after a SAM in the draft unless a real steal presents itself.

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

100% Not to me He wasn’t exactly smokes in many of those plays.... off the top of my head he was right there in good position on one long pass and the other long one he got picked by his own player... it’s always your fault for not making the play but the teammate shouldn’t have gotten in his way.  CBs are going to give up plays it’s the nature of the position... you can’t let a few plays vs elite elite competition overrule 3 years of solid play.

Yep, I think that one game is getting way too much negative attention. If he’d been very inconsistent previously it would have a greater bearing but just like one great game doesn’t make a prospect (looking at you Jamarcus), one bad performance doesn’t break one in my eyes either. Keeping an eye on all the Clemson prospects this year for obvious reasons!!! 😀