2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

12 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

• He doesn't think that Queen/Murray are in play at #19, said to keep an eye on Colorado's Davion Taylor as a late round target at LB.

Great... more project LBs, because that's worked well the last 10 years.

13 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

• Doesn't think that we're high on Jordan Love but still thinks we could target Hurts in the 3rd.

Obvious. Checks all Gruden's boxes.

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

• Said Gruden sees Ruggs as his potential Tyreek Hill. 

More Obvious. He's wanted speed at WR and has been linked to guys like Anderson. Ruggs is likely his WR1 in the class

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

• Doesn't think we'll target a safety in the first round.

Great, because none should have a first round grade.

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

• Could see a small trade up if Okudah or Simmons fall down the board but thinks it's unlikely. 

Like this idea. Get a true game changer over a JAG 

16 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

• Said CJ Henderson is a potential sleeper pick at #12. 

Yikes. Would be a desperate pick. But then again.... Primetime never liked to tackle and he did alright. 

1 minute ago, big_palooka said:

Great... more project LBs, because that's worked well the last 10 years.

He said that they view Littleton and Kwit as 3 down LB's and plan to be in nickel a lot. And if we need another LB on the field they like Morrow and Lee as backups. 

Obvious. Checks all Gruden's boxes.

Seems like Hurt will be a Raider if he's there at #80. What would be interesting IMO, would be seeing Carr traded on draft day. Roll with Mariota as the starter and Hurts behind him, similar skill-sets. 

More Obvious. He's wanted speed at WR and has been linked to guys like Anderson. Ruggs is likely his WR1 in the class

The Ruggs to LV chatter is as loud as the Jacobs to LV chatter last year. 

Great, because none should have a first round grade.

He said he views Abram as his first round safety. 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Like this idea. Get a true game changer over a JAG 

If Okudah is there at #8, I'd definitely be running to the phone to go get him. 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Yikes. Would be a desperate pick. But then again.... Primetime never liked to tackle and he did alright. 

He said that after Okudah, Henderson is the only CB in the class that's plug and play. Tackling definitely needs to be cleaned up but there's no denying he has #1 CB coverage ability. 

As worried Henderson's physicality and competitiveness makes me, I still like him much better than Conley--who wasn't physical in both coverage and as a tackler. Henderson seems to be appropriately physical in coverage, and he did the best job against Burrow and Chase as anyone could have. I wouldn't completely hate him at 12.

To put it this way, I like Henderson much more at 12 than Ferrell at 4.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

As worried Henderson's physicality and competitiveness makes me, I still like him much better than Conley--who wasn't physical in both coverage and as a tackler. Henderson seems to be appropriately physical in coverage, and he did the best job against Burrow and Chase as anyone could have. I wouldn't completely hate him at 12.

To put it this way, I like Henderson much more at 12 than Ferrell at 4.

I'd be happy with Henderson at #19 but #12 is too rich for me especially because we'll have the option to pick one of Lamb/Ruggs there. 

• Like 1

* Trade 159 to New England for 172 & 204 * 

12 - Derrick Brown | DT | Auburn 

19 - Justin Jefferson | WR | LSU

80 - Terrell Burgess | S | Utah

81 - Jalen Hurts | QB | Oklahoma

98 - Amik Robertson | CB | Lousiana Tech

121 - Logan Wilson | LB | Wyoming

172 - Lamical Perine | RB | Florida

204 - Davion Taylor | LB | Colorado 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 2

Davion Taylor, a name that Vic mentioned we're interested in, seems like an interesting developmental prospect. Practiced with his HS football team but was never allowed to play in games because of his religious beliefs. But was a State Champion sprinter and triple jumper in Mississippi. Went the CC route and then played two years at Colorado where he started 20/24 games.

Last year he was honorable mention All-Pac-12 after recording 69 tackles, 8.5 TFL, 1 sack, and 7 pass breakups. Colorado's HC, Mel Tucker (former NFL coach) said he's extremely coachable and is one of his favorite players that he has ever coached. 

He's super raw but he has physical tools that you just can't teach and tested out as one of the most athletic LB's to come through the combine in recent years. Would absolutely love to take a late round flier on him. 

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 1

Any chance....

If Okudah/Simmons falls to 7-9 we trade up for him .... and If Jeudy/Lamb/(and lesser extend Ruggs) calls to 14-17 we trade up for them too.

Part of me would rather have two stars... even if it meant giving up all 3 3rds and possibly a ‘21 pick.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Any chance....

If Okudah/Simmons falls to 7-9 we trade up for him .... and If Jeudy/Lamb/(and lesser extend Ruggs) calls to 14-17 we trade up for them too.

Part of me would rather have two stars... even if it meant giving up all 3 3rds and possibly a ‘21 pick.

The price to get up from #12 to #8 would likely be #80 and #159 or a future mid round pick.

While the price to get up from #19 to #14 would likely be #81 and #121 or a future mid round pick. 

I personally think it's just too rich, I'd be cool with one trade up, to go get Okudah if he's there in the 7-9 range. But good teams are built through the draft and if last year was any indication, Mayock is as good as advertised as a draft guy. If we're going to improve we have to continue to hit on role players/find gems in the middle rounds. That's what allows you to keep your star talent in house because you have starting caliber players on rookie deals. That was Reggie's biggest flaw, IMO. He was so terrible at identifying talent in the draft, especially in the mid to late rounds, that we were put in a position where we were going to have to kill our cap flexibility paying Cooper/Carr/Mack with almost nothing else around them. 

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Any chance....

I’d be on board with this. Inserting two potential stars to our lineup would do wonders for our ability to contend. We’ve improved our depth in FA so swinging for the fences would be a good risk to take here

5 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Where does K’lavon Chaisson end up? I’ve read that the scoring community is higher on him than the draft media. But then again, we read that about other “underrated” prospects too. Thoughts?

He's an interesting prospect. If we can't find a suitable trade partner at #19 and he's on the board, I could see us pulling the trigger and tbh I wouldn't complain. You can never have too many pass rushers. 

I read Mayocks mind last year with Ferrell and Jacobs and Safety/Corner with our first 4 picks so swami says Ruggs and Jaylon Johnson with a trade down . Johnson just screams Gruden grinder. Boundary bully with an improving skill set to clamp down on WR1s and limit their exposure to the football. 

NewEngland looks to be the perfect trade partner to grab an extra 3rd.

20 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

The price to get up from #12 to #8 would likely be #80 and #159 or a future mid round pick.

While the price to get up from #19 to #14 would likely be #81 and #121 or a future mid round pick. 

I personally think it's just too rich, I'd be cool with one trade up, to go get Okudah if he's there in the 7-9 range. But good teams are built through the draft and if last year was any indication, Mayock is as good as advertised as a draft guy. If we're going to improve we have to continue to hit on role players/find gems in the middle rounds. That's what allows you to keep your star talent in house because you have starting caliber players on rookie deals. That was Reggie's biggest flaw, IMO. He was so terrible at identifying talent in the draft, especially in the mid to late rounds, that we were put in a position where we were going to have to kill our cap flexibility paying Cooper/Carr/Mack with almost nothing else around them. 

The greedy part of me would love Okudah/Simmons and Lamb plus trade down from 91 to get a 4&5 and use that to take a G and something else.

18 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I read Mayocks mind last year with Ferrell and Jacobs and Safety/Corner with our first 4 picks so swami says Ruggs and Jaylon Johnson with a trade down . Johnson just screams Gruden grinder. Boundary bully with an improving skill set to clamp down on WR1s and limit their exposure to the football. 

NewEngland looks to be the perfect trade partner to grab an extra 3rd.

They don’t have a 2nd rounder so I doubt they’ll want to use their 3rd to move up. They have a boatload of later round picks. I see them being aggressive on day 3.