2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

I am really liking Jeremy Chinn. I am not sure what his position would be in the NFL. He's 6'3'' 221 maybe play both LB and Safety. Could be a very good match up piece of this defense that faces some of the best TE's. I still stan for Delpit, but Chinn with a trade back from 19 to mid to late first and I would easily pull the trigger. 

https://www.first-pick.com/NFL/DraftGame.aspx
Your score is: 39213 (GRADE: A-)
Your Picks:
1.18 CeeDee Lamb, WR, Oklahoma (A)
2.6 AJ Terrell, CB, Clemson (A-)
2.12 Justin Jefferson, WR, LSU (A)
2.23 Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU (A+)
2.31Antoine Winfield Jr., FS/SS, Minnesota (A+)
3.8 Jake Fromm, QB, Georgia (A+)
3.18 Kyle Dugger, FS/SS, Lenoir-Rhyne (A)
3.21 Cam Akers, RB, Florida State (A)
3.23 Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (A)
3.27 Malik Harrison, ILB/OLB, Ohio State (A+)
3.40 Jordyn Brooks, ILB, Texas Tech (A+)
4.7 Lucas Niang, OT, TCU (A+)
4.8 Robert Hunt, OT, UL-Lafayette (A+)
4.14 Davon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State (A+)
4.15 Darrell Taylor, DE/OLB, Tennessee (A+)
4.16 Ben Bartch, OT, St. John's (B+)
4.17 Colby Parkinson, TE, Stanford (A+)
4.19 Jeremy Chinn, FS/SS, Southern Illinois (A)
4.32 Lynn Bowden, WR, Kentucky (A+)
5.6 Jabari Zuniga, DE/OLB, Florida (A+)
5.12 Adam Trautman, TE, Dayton (A)
5.14 Carter Coughlin, DE/OLB, Minnesota (A+)
5.29 Darnay Holmes, CB, UCLA (A+)
6.13 Anthony McFarland, RB, Maryland (A+)
6.29 Gabriel Davis, WR, Central Florida (A+)
6.30 Alohi Gilman, FS/SS, Notre Dame (A+)
6.31 Bryan Edwards, WR, South Carolina (A+)
7.3 Antoine Brooks, FS/SS, Maryland (A+)
7.27 Kenny Robinson, FS/SS, West Virginia (A)
7.34 John Simpson, OG, Clemson (A-)
7.36 Michael Ojemudia, CB, Iowa (B+)

Your Future Picks: 
2021 Round 1 Pick
2022 Round 1 Pick

Sadly I ranked 3 best draft overall Miami crushed me with:

1.5 Herbert QB / 1.16 Wirfs OT / 1.26 Gross-Matos DE / 2.7 Swift RB / 2.56 Lemeiux G /  4.35 G. Cervenka C / 5.7 T.Black WR (not in draft) / 6.6 Pete Werner OLB (not in draft) / plus Dylan Singleton, Brandon Pili / Jared Rice / Clay Johnston / Larry Pryor all in round 6-7

what a horrible horrible simulator! Talk about a joke!

59 minutes ago, reddevil said:

I too still think LB should be a consideration given the position we’ll likely be in. If there were other players who would present value in a position of need at 19, we may be able to afford to be more selective. Looking at how things are likely to fall it will potentially be a DB reach vs a LB who is the best player on your board. 

I understand that we may not have 3 LBs every snap - but if we had 3 quality LBs who can all cover, it may reduce the need to go into nickel as much. And my guess is that if we had Littleton, Kwit and Murray - they’d be moved round and would play a lot. And we should have an eye on the future as you say BP. If the FO like him enough - take him.

I also really like Gladney. He’s just so sticky and he definitely qualifies as physical. Another of the ‘ideally after a trade back’ DBs. 

That was y thought. A guy like Murray/Queen who can cover and you're not forced to play in nickel defense as much. Plus, it's an insurance policy on Kwaitkowski who has never been a starter and is a bit of an unknown. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I am really liking Jeremy Chinn. I am not sure what his position would be in the NFL. He's 6'3'' 221 maybe play both LB and Safety. Could be a very good match up piece of this defense that faces some of the best TE's. I still stan for Delpit, but Chinn with a trade back from 19 to mid to late first and I would easily pull the trigger. 

If he hits 1/2 as hard as his uncle Steve Atwater he should be good.... but first is too rich for me ... late 2nd- early 3rd

id use him at will and just let him attack RBs

Edited by jimkelly02

58 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

In this scenario Lamb went off the board #11 to the Jets. Personally a bigger fan of Davis than Winfield Jr but wanted to switch it up. 

I was wondering if that might be the case, I thought id seen ya with davis before ina mock.lol either way it was still an outstanding mock, id be very pleased.

32 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

That was y thought. A guy like Murray/Queen who can cover and you're not forced to play in nickel defense as much. Plus, it's an insurance policy on Kwaitkowski who has never been a starter and is a bit of an unknown. 

He started a lot of games for Chicago and played pretty well. He is a bit of a projection, but I think he's an ascending player.

1 hour ago, agarcia34 said:

Chinn a solid Day 2 pick.

I can totally see it especially for Okudah or would not be shocked if they went QB like he mentioned. I trust Allbright and he keeps on saying how the Raiders will take a QB will be a lot higher than expected. 

That 5th pick will be the pick to keep an eye on cause that is the spot before the Chargers who will take a QB or that will be the spot for Okudah to go if the Lions do trade with the Dolphins. 

1 minute ago, agarcia34 said:

I can totally see it especially for Okudah or would not be shocked if they went QB like he mentioned. I trust Allbright and he keeps on saying how the Raiders will take a QB will be a lot higher than expected. 

That 5th pick will be the pick to keep an eye on cause that is the spot before the Chargers who will take a QB or that will be the spot for Okudah to go if the Lions do trade with the Dolphins. 

Agree about Allbright. The hardcore Carr fans give him so much hate for always saying the Raiders will take a QB. And he replies like, do you think this is my opinion? Do you not think I talk to the entire Front Office and friends with many of them? 

These Moves would NOT be surprising:

- Trade up for Okudah

- Trade up for Tua

- Jordan Love at 12

They’d only be surprising for closed minded people who never once suspected it.