2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

They don’t have a 2nd rounder so I doubt they’ll want to use their 3rd to move up. They have a boatload of later round picks. I see them being aggressive on day 3.

I'm saying they will trade back from 19 gain another 3rd and take him at the end of the 1st.

9 minutes ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

I’ll be pissed if Henderson is picked over Ruggs/Lamb/Jeudy at 12

Agreed, I like Henderson but WR should be our #1 priority. We swung for a #1 CB in free agency but we missed. Outside of Okudah I don't think there's any CB that's plug and play as a good starter next year. I'd be happy with Henderson at #19 though and think he's ready as a cover guy to play from day 1, I just don't know how he'll be in run support. 

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

As worried Henderson's physicality and competitiveness makes me, I still like him much better than Conley--who wasn't physical in both coverage and as a tackler. Henderson seems to be appropriately physical in coverage, and he did the best job against Burrow and Chase as anyone could have. I wouldn't completely hate him at 12.

To put it this way, I like Henderson much more at 12 than Ferrell at 4.

I can get behind that last statement..

-would be way better then Ferrell at 4

-way better the Kolton Miller ahead of Derwin James (that one LITERALLy made me drop to my knees) 

2 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Any chance....

If Okudah/Simmons falls to 7-9 we trade up for him .... and If Jeudy/Lamb/(and lesser extend Ruggs) calls to 14-17 we trade up for them too.

Part of me would rather have two stars... even if it meant giving up all 3 3rds and possibly a ‘21 pick.

Simmons-Littleton-Kwiatkoski would be amazing. You could do so much with them. 

Having the ability to Cover elite TE’s with both Simmons and Littleton..

being able to put Simmons on WR’s if need be. It would transform our defense. I’m all for it. 

9.Simmons> 11. Jeudy & 19. Queen/Murray/A lot of other average prospects people are mentioning they want here 

30 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

Simmons-Littleton-Kwiatkoski would be amazing. You could do so much with them. 

Having the ability to Cover elite TE’s with both Simmons and Littleton..

being able to put Simmons on WR’s if need be. It would transform our defense. I’m all for it. 

9.Simmons> 11. Jeudy & 19. Queen/Murray/A lot of other average prospects people are mentioning they want here 

Having Littleton and Kwit would also allow us to move Simmons all around the field. He'd essentially be a hybrid LB/nickel back. 

14 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Having Littleton and Kwit would also allow us to move Simmons all around the field. He'd essentially be a hybrid LB/nickel back. 

Yes, Simmons is the type of Hybrid LB that NFL defenses need. His skill set is extremely rare. Could be the best player in this draft. Nothing is guaranteed..but if we could trade up for both our 1st, I do it with no hesitation. 

I don’t envision a likely combo that we can draft that will be worth more than Simmons. 

I see us getting a very good wr (not elite wr) at 12, and a physically gifted developmental player at 19. 

That to me a not enough to not look at Simmons to trade up if possible. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TheMadStork said:

Shenault is too slow for me to even think about..he wouldn’t even be on my draft board because where he’s projected to go.

4.58 with an injury is slow? I honestly don't know where he is projected to go. But I will say this... he's the one player I think we look back on and be like "should have known". He's a playmaker. Just has to stay healthy. Slept on so hard right now.

43 minutes ago, TheMadStork said:

Yes, Simmons is the type of Hybrid LB that NFL defenses need. His skill set is extremely rare. Could be the best player in this draft. Nothing is guaranteed..but if we could trade up for both our 1st, I do it with no hesitation. 

I don’t envision a likely combo that we can draft that will be worth more than Simmons. 

I see us getting a very good wr (not elite wr) at 12, and a physically gifted developmental player at 19. 

That to me a not enough to not look at Simmons to trade up if possible. 

I definitely wouldn't trade both of our firsts for Simmons. He's going to be a stud but assuming Kwit and Littleton can hold down the LB spots as 3-down players, it's not a pressing need to add another LB, especially giving up both of our first round picks to do so. 

23 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

4.58 with an injury is slow? I honestly don't know where he is projected to go. But I will say this... he's the one player I think we look back on and be like "should have known". He's a playmaker. Just has to stay healthy. Slept on so hard right now.

I’m going off what I see on tape. Not his 40. Some players time way faster then I see them in pads, and the other way around as well. 

On tape, he looks like a 4.6 to me. 

21 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I definitely wouldn't trade both of our firsts for Simmons. He's going to be a stud but assuming Kwit and Littleton can hold down the LB spots as 3-down players, it's not a pressing need to add another LB, especially giving up both of our first round picks to do so. 

I’m picturing, how can we beat the Chiefs? How can we handle that speed. The way they throw defenses off with the jet sweep motion. 

I think having Simmons is huge, gameplaning for the Chiefs.