2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

13 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

What do you think of Bryan Edwards and Peoples-Jones, I think they could really outplay their draft stick. A few weeks ago I did think Mims but he's since shot up draft boards and wouldn't be surprised if he sneeks into the end of round 1 or top if round 2.

Peoples-Jones has size, hands, and great athleticism. I'm a Michigan fan so was little disappointed in production because I thought he'd be better. Hard to put it all on him though with the horrid QB play in Michigan over years. He could be a guy that excels at next level but has to work on consistency in route running and hands. Has bad drops at times then great  athletic grabs.

Offers good punt returner too while mixing in at WR

Edited by roi34
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Totty said:

Why isn't a trade for Jamal Adams still a possibility?  He was being (rumored) shopped at the trade deadline.  If you want to make a splash for Vegas, why couldn't that be it? 

Trade 19 to the Jets? 

Funny you say this, because that was my thought too. You want a safety like Jamal Adams, go get Jamal Adams. I'll take a proven commodity over crapshoot every time. Still sucks they didn't look at Minkah last year.

Vikings want to trade Harris, wonder what that looks like.

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, BayRaider said:

As suspected, Aiyuk with the most yards on the post route. He is borderline unstoppable on that 10 yard Skinny Post. 

Also, Jerry Jeudy and Henry Ruggs III are by far the two mostly deadly WRs of the class in the Slant Route and Go Route. Seems whatever Jeudy does, Ruggs isn’t too far behind actually. 

Dude... here you go again. 2 pages back, you're downplaying PFF in relation to Fulton. Now you're using them to support your Aiyuk love.

I've seen you call PFF trash on multiple occasions when someone uses stats in support of Derek Carr. But then you use them to support your arguments for Tua in the general draft thread. I won't bother going there and getting all the quotes we all had a good laugh at while you tried to weasel your way out of your own contradiction. 

Seriously... you use whatever you want to fit your narrative. PFF is trash!! PFF is garbage!! PFF are just fans like us from a forum!!  "Aiyuk is borderline unstoppable on that 10 yard Skinny Post... just look at these stats from PFF" 

giphy.gif

Everyone brace yourself.....Here comes the part where he starts name calling, claiming people are obsessed with him, etc. Rinse and repeat. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Probably nobody. I was pounding the table for McLaurin in the 3rd last year and thought he’d be one of the best WR’s of the class, if not the best. 

Maybe pound a little harder next time.....  you ranked him as your #8 overall WR:

The other part I love here is you busting on Marquis Brown, but you've posted how in this draft thread how having Brown and McLaurin is "what you wanted" and "can you imagine"

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Maybe pound a little harder next time.....  you ranked him as your #8 overall WR:

The other part I love here is you busting on Marquis Brown, but you've posted how in this draft thread how having Brown and McLaurin is "what you wanted" and "can you imagine"

tenor.gif

• Like 6

13 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

Is there any chance that Henderson could become even an average tackler? Or a valid excuse for why he avoided tackles?  
I really want to like the guy for #19 but he just rubs me the wrong way on film when it comes to tackling.  If we can’t trade down and he’s there at 19 it’s not a bad pick if your only considering his coverage,,, but that tackling ugh it makes me want to take him off my board.

No, no chance at all. If a guy tries and misses due to the technique or foot placement, strength that can be trained and improved. When a guy doesn't try to tackle he just doesn't want it. No cure for that IMHO.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, FreshPrince said:

What’s the deal with Delpit? I know he gets knocked for his tackling but is it a physicality issue or does he just not know how to tackle? 

From what I saw, Delpit was still physical.  I personally think, from watching the missed tackles on videos, it was a multifaceted issue.

he took some very bad angles.  A few times he was pretty deep to start the play and came up to tackle the running back as he got to the second level. He tries to come in and give outside containment but the RB cuts it up and Delpit ends up lounging at the RB from the side rather than breaking down, staying square, putting his shoulder into his front jersey numbers. He’d often try these side tackles and the RB would slip the tackle.  I think his high ankle sprain and thigh injury affected his ability to adjust laterally, but also poor form, trying to be a play maker rather than just making the play, as well as the switch from SS to FS- he was use to playing closer to the LOS and coming downhill more brought issues as he’d miss judge angles.  Sometimes he’d even get his ankles broken as the runner switched up direction on him.

it isn’t a was it injuries or was it physicality or was it poor form.  It appears to be all of Them and more.  The guys not a puss like CJ Henderson but he was doing this side tackles often.

the problem with Delpit’s missed tackles is, as the aggressive playmaking S.... when he misses a tackle it’s a big miss cuz he’s the last line  defense.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

No, no chance at all. If a guy tries and misses due to the technique or foot placement, strength that can be trained and improved. When a guy doesn't try to tackle he just doesn't want it. No cure for that IMHO.

I know! I was just hoping someone would sell me a false dream.  Henderson at 19 should be a great pick.... if he wasn’t such a puss he ran from carriers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

What do you think of Bryan Edwards

I think Edwards is considered a 4-5th round pick by most.  I think he’ll outplay that by a wide margin.  I am concerned by the number of screen passes he caught vs deep routes: 4 deep rec on 17 throws for 174 yards, 36 screens- 273 yds.  When you only have 71 catches and 36 are screens that’s concerning, especially when you compound that with the lack of deep throws.  
I often look deduct screen passes from catches (and yards) to give a better look of what a WR can do as a NFL receiver.  
he doesn’t get good separation downfield and isn’t a good contested catch guy (6 on 13 throws). 
there are valid reasons why Edwards is ranked in that 4-5th round tier.  But I’ve seen enough talent with him to think he just may be able to be a big slot WR or backup outside WR.  

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

I’m bracing myself for CJ Henderson at 12 so when it happens I’m not pissed off. I’ll spend the next couple weeks talking myself into how it’s a good so the sadness won’t take over before the draft happens. 

Why do you think that’s who we take at 12?  I get 19, I can live with 19 but why do you think MM doesn’t go WR and instead takes the poorest tackling CB, after we just traded away Conley for some of the same reasons?

(I get you don’t want him, im curious as to Why you think Mayock does)

1 hour ago, Darbsk said:

I know.... can’t chance his mind and mentality,,, the guy was just born with a sissy brain lol.... who runs away from tackles?

5 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Why do you think that’s who we take at 12?  I get 19, I can live with 19 but why do you think MM doesn’t go WR and instead takes the poorest tackling CB, after we just traded away Conley for some of the same reasons?

(I get you don’t want him, im curious as to Why you think Mayock does)

Henderson is a really good cover guy with the potential to be great. It’s been known that we want a #1 CB to pair with Mullen. But I’m hoping Mayock passes on him at 12. Don’t like CBs who aren’t willing to tackle.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is what he does..... he plays both sides or just goes with the Zero integrity move: Make hot takes and if you hit scream your praises and if you miss downplay the hot take and blame poor scheme fit or coaches.

he obviously didn’t like McLaurin that much if he ranked him #8, considering the same guy says things like “if aiyuk can just break press coverage he’ll be the best WR in this class by far”, “blacklock will be an elite 3T”, “Love has most potential in recent draft history, excluding Mahomes”.  So I’d say it’s safe to say he isn’t afraid to go out on a limb.

He’s just desperate for some credibility... since he’s been exposed in the draft forum.