2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

You guys can read into BP’s non sense all you want, the fact is anyone who makes rankings, will usually release a 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, and 4.0 in Jan-Feb-Mar-Apr. Opinions change. Especially when you watch their full game tape. People go up and down. I’ve seen DJ have wild 40+ spot swings along with several others. 

If your ranking list is the same from February to April, you’re not doing a good job. And that’s what BP is trying to crucify me for. 

And then acts like he’s a perfect angel when there’s tons, tons of examples of him doing the same thing. Tua is just one example. He said Tua was a bust, had a horrible long throwing motion (wtf) and was the biggest Anti-Tua person of all of FootballsFuture, not just the Raider subforum, a huge hater of epic proportions. And now in many recent posts about Tua, Tua is his QB1 of the entire draft and ahead of Burrow. Did I call him out on it? No. 1) Opinions Change 2) I really don’t care. The only reason I’m even bringing it up now is because he has done the same to me. I can also find a mountain of examples more of him doing this. Not worth hours out of my day though. 

I apologize for clogging up the forum, gentlemen. I just hate hypocrites. Especially ones that try to attack me every day on the same things they do themselves. 

Edited by BayRaider

Here’s a PM I just sent @Darbsk about Jaylon Johnson, that I’ll make public. 

For sure man! Trying to find more of Jaylon Johnson tape, it’s like NFL teams stashed it away so no one can look at it lmao. I’ve watched every snap of his tape vs USC (2019), vs Oregon (2019) (worst game), vs BYU (2019), Cal (2019), Oregon State (2019), UCLA (2018), and Stanford (2018). Like I’ve watched every snap of Jaylon these seven games too many times to count. I’m really impressed by him. His tackling effort in the Oregon game was near-CJ Henderson level which I assume he may have had some type of injury, because his tackling in the rest of all his games is good and aggressive. 

As for coverage, he sticks to WR hips like glue and also is a press-machine. Most awesome part is he TIMES his Press to the point he thinks will be the most disruptive and he’s very very good at doing that. The only route(s) I see him have consistent trouble with is when a WR runs a short route and cuts back in quickly for like 6-7 yard gain. He definitely needs to work on that. However Jaylon Johnson defends every other route on the route tree highly effectively, and almost flawless at times. He mirrors the route. Literally mirrors it. That’s what shutdown CB’s in the NFL do.

If Mayocks on board with Johnson at 19, so am I. He’s been slept on in this draft process and is a terrific scheme fit. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Harris has an $11.1M cap hit and Adams has a $7.1M cap hit, would we be able to make the cap situation work with either guy? Plus they're both on one year deals so we'd have to agree to a lengthy extension with either player at the time of the trade. 

Harris I assume would get a new contract. Currently on the franchise tag 

3 hours ago, Justwinning said:

Looking at the top of the draft, I don’t think teams know enough about Tua’s hip so I think nobody trades up for him. I can see Miami still rolling the dice on him considering they have so much draft capital the next few seasons. 

Video posted of him working out the other day, he looked fluid and way further along that most probably thought.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

So if it makes sense to trade back for a CB.... the question becomes how far do we trade back.  Where is Johnson/Terrell likely to go.  What’s the high and the low on them.

Just doing a quick peep I've seen:

Johnson - #38 (NFL.com), #36 (CBS), #38 (Draft Network)

Terrell - #31 (NFL.com), #29 (CBS), #32 (Draft Network)

2 hours ago, BayRaider said:

@big_palooka

As for your PFF comment I’ve told you a million times it’s about context.

1) Their Grades Are Subjective and Useless

2) Their Rankings Are Subjective and Useless

3) Their made up QB stats like “Big Time Throws”, “Negative Throws” are made up stats and useless. Also their “Deep Accuracy” is highly flawed because it doesn’t take into account Carr doesn’t throw unless wide open. 

4) Their factual stats like a % of routes run, is a factual breakdown by them. and NOT subjective. That’s not subjective in ANY way. Please explain to me how it is. 

So let’s get this on record for about the 8th time or so now. For complete factual stuff, I will still repost a PFF stat breakdown. 

giphy.gif 

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

I would be upset with the pick not the player.  Horrible value imo.  I like him but not as much as Mullens. I feel we gotta trade down from 19.

id even say I’d rather trade up from 19 to land a guy who slid then take Johnson at 19.

Meh. FWIW Daniel Jeremiah has Johnson as the #3 CB on his board (#29 overall prospect) and considers him a plug and play starter. If he reaches his ceiling he'll be a high quality outside starting CB, that's certainly worth the 19th pick. Plus I could see another scenario similar to what happened with the 4th pick last year. We want to move down but don't find a deal that provides the value that we want so we reach a little to fill a major hole. 

ETA

In terms of physical profile, Johnson is actually very similar to Mullen. 

Johnson (6'0" 193, 31 3/8" arms, 9 3/8" hands)

4.50 forty, 15 bench reps, 36.5" vertical jump, 124" broad jump, 7.01 3-cone drill

Mullen (6'1" 199, 31" arms, 9 1/8" hands)

4.46 forty, 7 bench reps, 34.5" vertical jump, 123" broad jump, 7.08 3-cone drill

Edited by NYRaider
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Just doing a quick peep I've seen:

Johnson - #38 (NFL.com), #36 (CBS), #38 (Draft Network)

Terrell - #31 (NFL.com), #29 (CBS), #32 (Draft Network)

Draft Network raised Johnson to #38? He was like 57 there a week ago. Glad they came to their senses!

Edited by BayRaider

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Meh. FWIW Daniel Jeremiah has Johnson as the #3 CB on his board (#29 overall prospect) and considers him a plug and play starter. If he reaches his ceiling he'll be a high quality outside starting CB, that's certainly worth the 19th pick. Plus I could see another scenario similar to what happened with the 4th pick last year. We want to move down but don't find a deal that provides the value that we want so we reach a little to fill a major hole. 

Not to mention Jeremiah is the only former NFL Scout that posts his rankings in the media. PFF, Draft Network, CBS, and SI are not former scouts at any level. 

3 hours ago, Justwinning said:

If Mayock is truly about value, we may not see a CB at 19 unless we are able to trade down. Trading down is easier said than done. You have to have a willing participant (obviously).

This leads to two questions:

1. Who are the possible players we might take at 19 who are considered to be good value at this spot, but at positions that aren't of critical need?

2. Who are prime trade partners and who would they target at 19?

1. Javon Kinlaw, Kenneth Murray, Patrick Queen, or K'Lavon Chaisson. 

2. I think a lot depends on Jordan Love. If he's on the board then I could see a number of teams wanting to move up including New England, New Orleans, Miami (potentially), Tennessee, Green Bay, or Indianapolis. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

1. Javon Kinlaw, Kenneth Murray, Patrick Queen, or K'Lavon Chaisson. 

2. I think a lot depends on Jordan Love. If he's on the board then I could see a number of teams wanting to move up including New England, New Orleans, Miami (potentially), Tennessee, Green Bay, or Indianapolis. 

Agree with the last point. Some team will trade up to the Mid Teens and select Love. Had the Pats moving up to 16 in my latest mock. No way Love makes it to 23 and they know it. 

If the Raiders want Love, they’d have to pick him at 12. Although I don’t think the Raiders will select a QB this year. Would have no issues if they did though. 

I’m hoping Okudah falls to 12, somehow, some way. Odds are not good. In none of my mocks does he fall to 12. 

But it is certainly possible:

Lions get Derrick Brown, who they love apparently (if true) and DT is their biggest need on their roster. 

Giants are going OT very likely. 

Panthers have ran one of the most zone heavy schemes in the NFL for ages. That franchise using Pick 7 on Okudah is highly unlikely. Panthers are a 3rd-4th Round Corner team. They always have been. Just like Seattle. Let’s say Panthers go Simmons. 

So now you have Cardinals, OT or EDGE is almost a certainty here. 

Now the Jaguars. This is where Okudah almost never makes it beyond for me in mocks. But what if Jags select Justin Herbert or Jordan Love? Entirely possible. They are no where near as high on Minshew as Jag fans lead you to believe.

Browns - OT 

Jets - OT/WR

Raiders - Okudah

I’d say this has a 10% chance at best of happening, but it’d be a fantastic celebration for all of us. Beers on me if this happens. Well, for most of you. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2