2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

9 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

If we're going by physical profile, Fulton is even closer to Mullen. I really don't see what's wrong with Fulton. He's my top target at 19.

Can only speak for myself and I had Fulton as my CB2 behind Okudah initially, I do like him but after watching more of Johnson I love his fit and aggressiveness and Terrell has sneaked ahead of Fulton for me too, dont know if im putting too much on the Clemson thing šŸ˜. That's not to say I don't like Fulton, I like Gladney and Dantzler too but for me they all have some issues and what order you have them reflects how you can live with each issue. Johnson, Fulton and Terrell i could live with at 19 but would prefer a trade down for all. Gladney and Dantzler I feel could be had later, Dantzler in particular due to the speed concerns.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Can only speak for myself and I had Fulton as my CB2 behind Okudah initially, I do like him but after watching more of Johnson I love his fit and aggressiveness and Terrell has sneaked ahead of Fulton for me too, dont know if im putting too much on the Clemson thing šŸ˜. That's not to say I don't like Fulton, I like Gladney and Dantzler too but for me they all have some issues and what order you have them reflects how you can live with each issue. Johnson, Fulton and Terrell i could live with at 19 but would prefer a trade down for all. Gladney and Dantzler I feel could be had later, Dantzler in particular due to the speed concerns.

I would rather have Johnson in the 2nd + someone over Fulton at 19. Fulton isn't a bad player by any means, but Johnson is equally as talented, might be a better fit, and be available later. I could live with either, but getting Johnson+ is my preferred choice here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Very interesting, didn't realise how close they were in athletic profile. As has been mentioned previously we gave Lawson and Apple in house so a rookie wouldn't be forced to start immediately and with Johnson I see a transition similar to Mullens, needs to work on his impulsiveness and polish up his technique a bit and I think he'll be great. He could start straight away but he might be hit a little and miss until he matures as a pro.

Isnā€™t the issue with Johnson that heā€™s just had shoulder surgery and will/might miss training camp ? CB is a tough position for a rookie to play never mind if they miss training camp as well.Ā 

Johnson is a good fit for us but I think #19 is a bit high for him.Ā 

17 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Isnā€™t the issue with Johnson that heā€™s just had shoulder surgery and will/might miss training camp ? CB is a tough position for a rookie to play never mind if they miss training camp as well.Ā 

Johnson is a good fit for us but I think #19 is a bit high for him.Ā 

That could be an issue too of course, but I imagine there will be issues and a lot of dusruption with rookie camp and TC due to the Coronavirus and the precautions so to project any rookie starting straight away is a bit iffy outside the very top prospects. I think health permitting he could potentially start straight away but I'd think it best to bring him along a bit slower from an X's and O's perspective too. Id love to trade down but that isn't always a realistic possibility.Ā  Ā 

Edited by Darbsk

37 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

That could be an issue too of course, but I imagine there will be issues and a lot of dusruption with rookie camp and TC due to the Coronavirus and the precautions so to project any rookie starting straight away is a bit iffy outside the very top prospects. I think health permitting he could potentially start straight away but I'd think it best to bring him along a bit slower from an X's and O's perspective too. Id love to trade down but that isn't always a realistic possibility.Ā  Ā 

Agreed re the trade down and Iā€™d guess the Vikings would be the danger spot as he would fit their scheme as well tbf.Ā 

Iā€™ve been a big fan of Johnson as I always thought heĀ was the perfect fit just concerned that at #19 fans might expect too much too early from him. Much like Ferrell tbh.Ā 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Dessie said:

Agreed re the trade down and Iā€™d guess the Vikings would be the danger spot as he would fit their scheme as well tbf.Ā 

Iā€™ve been a big fan of Johnson as I always thought heĀ was the perfect fit just concerned that at #19 fans might expect too much too early from him. Much like Ferrell tbh.Ā 

Thatā€™s a good point, the earlier you select a guy the bigger the expectations and especially at CB the transition is hard. I think Ferrell will have a nice year this year but he had it tough, especially with Crosby looking so good on the other side. There are a lot of nice CBs in the late first and into the second and third round even but I think theyā€™ll all have a steep learning curve and have their rough moments.Ā 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Thatā€™s a good point, the earlier you select a guy the bigger the expectations and especially at CB the transition is hard. I think Ferrell will have a nice year this year but he had it tough, especially with Crosby looking so good on the other side. There are a lot of nice CBs in the late first and into the second and third round even but I think theyā€™ll all have a steep learning curve and have their rough moments.Ā 

Yeah and the worry is that the expectations weigh heavy on them and it affects their game. Some can carry that expectation others struggle.Ā 

Middlekauff pick for the Raiders at 12. Had WR taken at 11 Jeudy and 13 Ruggs for the Niners.

12. Las Vegas Raiders ā€” WR CeeDee Lamb, Oklahoma

Raiders QB Derek Carr has had his most success with playmakers who possess large catching radiuses, players like Davante Adams at Fresno State or Cooper and Michael Crabtree early in his Raiders career. These are wideouts he could just throw it up to and trust they would make plays. That is exactly what Lamb is. He has DeAndre Hopkinsā€™ level of ball skills. You throw it up in his area and Lamb comes down with the football. You pair Lamb with Josh Jacobs, Darren Waller and that offensive line, and all of sudden you have a balanced offensive unit. Tyrell Williams is a solid No. 2 receiver and Hunter Renfrow proved he can function in the slot at an NFL level. This seems like the no-brainer pick. Also, GM Mike Mayock proved last year that he goes with players from the top college football programs in the draft. He wonā€™t overthink this pick.

38 minutes ago, Geezy said:

Would hate Ruggs in Denver. Him, Sutton and Fant would be scary good. Also, havingĀ to deal with Hill and Ruggs 1/4 of the year would be ugly.Ā 

I think we'll see all 3 of the top WR off of the board by 13.Ā 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think we'll see all 3 of the top WR off of the board by 13.Ā 

The wildcard is the Jets.Ā  They may go OL or WR.Ā  I hope they go OL and think that is a bigger need for them but if the top 4 OLĀ are gone then they will go WR.Ā  If that happens I hope they go Jeudy and we get Lamb.Ā Ā 

I wonder if Brown and Lamb are both on the board at 12 who we will choose.Ā  I have seen Brown slipping in a few mocks recently.Ā Ā 

• Like 1