2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

46 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

Higgins is one of the slowest WRs in the draft and probably would of ran a 4.65 at the combine. Fulton to me is a pure nickel corner at the next level (although Pro Bowl Nickel CB). And most of Jeudys snaps were in the slot. He leaves a lot to be desired on the outside, and almost never turns his head around. I feel pretty confident Mayock wouldn’t pick him at 19 if he’s there. 

22 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

That's a surprisingly high number. So he roughly caught 50% of his targets?

Not sure, but he only had 3 “drops” last year. Ruggs is one of the most sure-handed hands guy in this draft class. 

Edited by BayRaider

18 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Higgins is one of the slowest WRs in the draft and probably would of ran a 4.65 at the combine. Fulton to me is a pure nickel corner at the next level (although Pro Bowl Nickel CB). And most of Jeudys snaps were in the slot. He leaves a lot to be desired on the outside, and almost never turns his head around. I feel pretty confident Mayock wouldn’t pick him at 19 if he’s there. 

Not sure, but he only had 3 “drops” last year. Ruggs is one of the most sure-handed hands guy in this draft class. 

I'd definitely take a pro bowl nickel CB at 19. Such an underrated position. And if he's good enough for the pro bowl then he's good enough for pick 19.

On 3/29/2020 at 12:45 PM, jimkelly02 said:

I would be upset with the pick not the player.  Horrible value imo.  I like him but not as much as Mullens. I feel we gotta trade down from 19.

id even say I’d rather trade up from 19 to land a guy who slid then take Johnson at 19.

I was thinking of trading up with 19 just before reading this. Especially if it looks like a WR will fall to Denver. Yes I'd take two  LOL If we got Ruggs @ 12 and either Jeudy or Lamb with 19/81/121 for #14 I'd do it for two reasons...WR problem is attacked and Denver is SCREWED!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

That's a surprisingly high number. So he roughly caught 50% of his targets?

Made a mistake In my math, he caught 86/123 targets (70%). Jeudy caught 145/209 targets (69%). Lamb caught 127/177 targets (71%). 

I just updated Ruggs numbers in my previous post. 

21 minutes ago, G said:

I was thinking of trading up with 19 just before reading this. Especially if it looks like a WR will fall to Denver. Yes I'd take two  LOL If we got Ruggs @ 12 and either Jeudy or Lamb with 19/81/121 for #14 I'd do it for two reasons...WR problem is attacked and Denver is SCREWED!!!

Denver may go Kinlaw at 15 regardless, no matter what WRs are on the board. Wolfe just left and Kinlaw is a perfect fit for them. 

If Kinlaw is gone, I think Ruggs/Jeudy would be their preferred picks. 

Edited by BayRaider

12 minutes ago, G said:

I agree it’s screw over Denver and we’d have quite an offense.  I’d rather trade back for 2 2nds and go S and CB but that’s not a given to be available.  If you want 2/3 top WRs it’s possible... assuming someone will trade down 

Just now, agarcia34 said:

Watching this Rams/KC game and just eye opening on the speed of T.Hill effects defenses. Be smart Raiders just take Ruggs and call it a day. 

I'm at the point where I'm 55% Jeudy and 45% Ruggs at Pick 12. Hard decision. I'll trust whatever Mayock/Gruden do though. Should get a stud either way.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, oakdb36 said:

He's a dark horse for 12, slightly rich for me, but I do like Fulton. He has my vote for 19 in the draft forum prior to free agency. If he's there at 19 I would gladly take him. I'm hoping for one of the wideouts at 12 though. 

20 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Watching this Rams/KC game and just eye opening on the speed of T.Hill effects defenses. Be smart Raiders just take Ruggs and call it a day. 

I would not mind taking Ruggs at 12, but he's not Hill. Ruggs doesn't have the lightning acceleration that Hill does. Ruggs, to me, will be more similar to Brandin Cooks.

Speaking of receivers, has anyone else watched Bryan Edwards? I like him better than some of the other 6'+ receivers in this draft, including Michael Pittman and Tee Higgins. He's extremely quick for his size. He reminds me a bit of Corey Davis and Quincy Enunwa, though I think his ceiling is Allen Robinson.

• Like 2

I didn’t like Edwards the first time I watched him, but I’ll give him an extended look. 

I like Tyler Johnson a lot in the 4th Round. Very good route runner with good agility. Worried about his speed though. Probably ends up a WR4 and a fill-in starter. I really like his game though. 

• Like 2

Bryan Edwards broke his foot getting ready for the combine. Can’t have the proper team doctors look at it can’t visit with him. This COVID19 situation effects a player like him a lot cause of his medical. 

Tamaurice Higgins is so slept on it’s actually sad now. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

Bryan Edwards broke his foot getting ready for the combine. Can’t have the proper team doctors look at it can’t visit with him. This COVID19 situation effects a player like him a lot cause of his medical. 

Tamaurice Higgins is so slept on it’s actually sad now. 

I still like Higgins a lot, but in the Early-Mid 2nd. He’s gonna be a solid WR. A better version of Michael Crabtree imo. 

1 hour ago, jimkelly02 said:

I agree it’s screw over Denver and we’d have quite an offense.  I’d rather trade back for 2 2nds and go S and CB but that’s not a given to be available.  If you want 2/3 top WRs it’s possible... assuming someone will trade down 

I want a trade down too, but if the draft starts falling and 3 QB's are gone before 12 and Jets get first WR then we take our WR and trade up with Tampa before Denver because the value at 19 may be ish. YGM I'm good with at 19 but without a trade down I'm not good with CB or S @ 19

If the Jets do the 'reach' like they use to. LOL Then we take best WR and let the draft come to us. I'd rather trade up in the 3rd for a WR around 65-70 as I think a run will happen 65-75 on WR's and DB's because there is a history of that. Jeudy is my fav but I will be happy with Ruggs and Lamb. Just want one speedster and one over 6'0 so Ruggs/Pittman or JJ/CD and Ham/Reg works too. 

I think teams will play this draft safer and players with injuries even older injuries Blacklock will slip to 3rd as STEALS... So excited and hope we stand pat and hope we trade up because the OCD is making me flip like flapjacks. LOL

• Like 2