2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

4 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The wildcard is the Jets.  They may go OL or WR.  I hope they go OL and think that is a bigger need for them but if the top 4 OL are gone then they will go WR.  If that happens I hope they go Jeudy and we get Lamb.  

I wonder if Brown and Lamb are both on the board at 12 who we will choose.  I have seen Brown slipping in a few mocks recently.  

Derrick Brown?

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Yes.

I think they'll target help for Darnold at 11. And at that point do you target the 4th best OT or the best WR on your board? I think they'll go Lamb at #11 and then target Ezra Cleveland, Austin Jackson, or Prince Tega Wanogho at #48. 

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I think they'll target help for Darnold at 11. And at that point do you target the 4th best OT or the best WR on your board? I think they'll go Lamb at #11 and then target Ezra Cleveland, Austin Jackson, or Prince Tega Wanogho at #48. 

This is a deep Wr class and I think the value drops off more sharply after the top 4 OT's are gone.  I would say protecting Darnold is more important than landing him a WR when their Oline is in shambles.  They very well could go WR though as there is no telling what the Jets front office is thinking.  

2 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

This is a deep Wr class and I think the value drops off more sharply after the top 4 OT's are gone.  I would say protecting Darnold is more important than landing him a WR when their Oline is in shambles.  They very well could go WR though as there is no telling what the Jets front office is thinking.  

They're pretty bare at WR too with Robby Anderson's departure. It's a deep WR class but adding a true #1 with the potential to be elite vs another above average WR will make a huge difference. 

48 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

You have to remember that the jets are also dumb. Although I do think that the Raiders have 2WRs they like in Jeudy and Lamb. I think one of those guys will be in silver and black if they are there. 

3 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I read a little on him because I was curious, was worried about his speed (time at the combine I think?) but after watching this video id say he plays faster than timed. another potential swiss army knife in this draft (him, chinn, dugger, davis- gaither) all are 6`1" or taller and all are around 215/225 lbs. and any could be an x factor covering todays TE`s....potentially. wouldn't bother me a bit to get any one of these 4 in this draft, im sure gm`s feel the same way.lol

• Like 1

Percentage of targets per route over the last two years for some of the top WR prospects. 

ETHHVseXkAM1Ywj?format=jpg&name=large

I've seen some Raiders fans, particularly on Twitter, saying that they don't want Ruggs because they don't think he'd be effective with Carr who likes to get the ball out quick. 

So it's interesting to see that Ruggs was actually targeted on screens, slants, and crossing routes more frequently than CeeDee Lamb and on slants and crossing routes more frequently than Jeudy. While also being targeted less on go-routes than either player. 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The wildcard is the Jets.  They may go OL or WR.  I hope they go OL and think that is a bigger need for them but if the top 4 OL are gone then they will go WR.  If that happens I hope they go Jeudy and we get Lamb.  

I wonder if Brown and Lamb are both on the board at 12 who we will choose.  I have seen Brown slipping in a few mocks recently.  

How about this wildcard? Denver trades up with the Jets to jump us for the best WR on their board.

Another interesting tidbit from that chart is that Ruggs had the most diverse route tree of any WR in the class over the last two seasons. He was the only prospect to have 10%+ of his targets come on 5 different routes (screens, go-route, in-route, crossing route, slants) and the only prospect that didn't have 15%+ of his targets come on any one route. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I've seen some Raiders fans, particularly on Twitter, saying that they don't want Ruggs because they don't think he'd be effective with Carr who likes to get the ball out quick. 

So it's interesting to see that Ruggs was actually targeted on screens, slants, and crossing routes more frequently than CeeDee Lamb and on slants and crossing routes more frequently than Jeudy. While also being targeted less on go-routes than either player. 

Watching a video of Tua recently and that's one thing i noticed most was how often Ruggs ran short, quick routes as the DB gave him a large cushion, very few actual deep shots to him, mostly quick slants, crosses as you say.    

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Percentage of targets per route over the last two years for some of the top WR prospects. 

ETHHVseXkAM1Ywj?format=jpg&name=large

I'm sure Ruggs was targeted a lot less than Jeudy and Lamb over the last 2 years. I have no number to back up that claim but since he had a lot less receptions that would be logical. So a guy getting 100 targets (for example) with 9% coming on slants would have been targeted more frequently than the one with 60 targets with 13% coming on slants.

Also, i don't really understand this when the % don't add up to 100%. Where did the not listed targets go?

48 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I read a little on him because I was curious, was worried about his speed (time at the combine I think?) but after watching this video id say he plays faster than timed. another potential swiss army knife in this draft (him, chinn, dugger, davis- gaither) all are 6`1" or taller and all are around 215/225 lbs. and any could be an x factor covering todays TE`s....potentially. wouldn't bother me a bit to get any one of these 4 in this draft, im sure gm`s feel the same way.lol

He ran a 4.42 no?