2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

If Mayock is truly about value, we may not see a CB at 19 unless we are able to trade down. Trading down is easier said than done. You have to have a willing participant (obviously).

This leads to two questions:

1. Who are the possible players we might take at 19 who are considered to be good value at this spot, but at positions that aren't of critical need?

2. Who are prime trade partners and who would they target at 19?

Edited by Justwinning

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

He gets dunked on so hard in the draft forum it's hilarious.

My favorite was when said this in regards to PFF:

Actually said he heard from "multiple interns" lol

Which I found hilarious... because he made the whole thing up from something I posted from Reddit over 2 years ago about them out sourcing to India.

Omg I found the reddit thread but it was Bangladesh and not India!

can you imagine a classroom of 13 year old Bangladeshi children in some “PFF sweatshop” being stuck in front of TV screens watching a sport they never heard of and trying to grade Offensive Lineman blocking? Hilarious!

• Like 2

Just now, raidr4life said:

Why  were they saying Josh Jacobs  was a 2nd round pick?

It wasn’t a swipe at you bro.  It’s not even an attack at your rating of him or your post.  
Im interested in 1. Drafting Johnson 2. Getting as many insightful ideas as possible.

Do you think Johnson can start day 1? Do you see him being an immediate shutdown CB or by year 2,3,etc?  What do you see in him that others are missing?

im not attacking anyone’s opinions.... just looking to get some dialogue and discussion.  

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

What do you think of Bryan Edwards and Peoples-Jones, I think they could really outplay their draft stock. A few weeks ago I did think Mims but he's since shot up draft boards and wouldn't be surprised if he sneeks into the end of round 1 or top if round 2.

I like Bryan edwards a lot. I was trying hard to find all 22 of him but I couldn't.That's why I kinda held off on evaluating him. Crock did though. Read this thread. It's great. Moves well for a big receiver, has good hands, and picks up yac.

He could be great 4th round value. I think he can be a good 2.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Josh Jacobs was being mocked in the 1st round. I remember Philly being a possible destination.

Very true, Jacobs wasn’t in everyone’s 1st round mock but was in many people’s and not just to the Raiders

not to mention RB is a position lower drafted players can have immediate impacts.

CB is a position where only the elite prospects start immediately (and very few of those are immediately shutdown CBS), some guys start by mid year ala Mullen, and some guys need a year or two to develop.

2 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It wasn’t a swipe at you bro.  It’s not even an attack at your rating of him or your post.  
Im interested in 1. Drafting Johnson 2. Getting as many insightful ideas as possible.

Do you think Johnson can start day 1? Do you see him being an immediate shutdown CB or by year 2,3,etc?  What do you see in him that others are missing?

im not attacking anyone’s opinions.... just looking to get some dialogue and discussion.  

I didn't take it like that, I was just pointing out the so called experts aren't always correct.

• Like 1

@big_palooka good job posting something from Feb when that’s 2 months away from the draft. People move guys up and down a lot up until draft day. The Final Ranking is what matters. This is why people come out with Rankings 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, etc. I was not a fan of Hollywood at all in Feb but watched every snap by April and was very impressed. You’re such a hypocrite and do the exact same thing. 

Example: You use to constantly s*** on Tua saying he’s a bust at the next level, one of the worst QB Prospects, on and on and on, horrible throwing motion, and now he’s all of a sudden your QB1 ahead of Burrow. From Bust to QB1 AHEAD of Burrow. That’s a dramatic change. Don’t make me dig that s*** up because I will, although I don’t have time to do that like you do. I was genuinely shocked when your Tua-Praising posts started, after all your bashing of him, complete 360. Did I call you out on it? No, because I could really care less and opinions change. 

Get off your high horse fool. Everyone moves guys up and down, including yourself. I can find at least 10+ hardcore examples of you doing this. 

Edited by BayRaider

@big_palooka

As for your PFF comment I’ve told you a million times it’s about context.

1) Their Grades Are Subjective and Useless

2) Their Rankings Are Subjective and Useless

3) Their made up QB stats like “Big Time Throws”, “Negative Throws” are made up stats and useless. Also their “Deep Accuracy” is highly flawed because it doesn’t take into account Carr doesn’t throw unless wide open. 

4) Their factual stats like a % of routes run, is a factual breakdown by them. and NOT subjective. That’s not subjective in ANY way. Please explain to me how it is. 

So let’s get this on record for about the 8th time or so now. For complete factual stuff, I will still repost a PFF stat breakdown. 

Edited by BayRaider

59 minutes ago, Justwinning said:

Josh Jacobs was being mocked in the 1st round. I remember Philly being a possible destination.

Some of the experts said no RB was worth a 1st  hence Jacobs being there at #24, when compared to 2017, Fournette and McCaffery went 4th and 7th and in 2018 Barkley went 2nd. He was mocked to the Eagles by some  because they had a need at RB picking #22 but passed, I for one wanted to trade up for Jacobs because I wanted to ensure we got him, I felt he could be as good as Barkley  luckily he was there at #24, I guess we can thank the so called experts for that.

Edited by raidr4life

27 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think Johnson is plug and play however if the Raiders do take a CB i think the plan is for Apple to start and draftee to be CB 3 for a few games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

I posted this video in here last week. Excellent breakdown and the Youtuber is hilarious. 

Really big on Johnson. Even at 19 I’m really warming up to him there. 

I’ve seen him mocked to Minnesota at 22 twice this week and 25 once as well. 

28 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

I didn't take it like that, I was just pointing out the so called experts aren't always correct.

Gotcha, just wanted to make sure.  The short response made me think you might have thought I was just chastising your opinion.  Glad we’re on same page.