2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

There might be a safety I’m forgetting but Cincy (Guenther’s old team) seemed to use safeties that we’re at least 6’0.

Shawn Williams is 6’0 212

Jessie Bates is 6’1 200

George Iloka is 6’4 225

Maybe this is why we don’t want to play Joyner at S and why we didn’t bring back Joseph.

They did use Derron Smith who was 5’10 at FS but I think that was partly due to lack of other talent/options.

Bates was drafted when Guenther was on our staff already. 

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

That is pretty interesting because I’m working on my Final Version Mock (what I think actually happens, not just an insane amount of combinations) Dolphins swapped 5/26 for 3/85 to get Tua. At 18 they need a T. I have them getting Jones, but with a trade down. We end up with Jeudy at 12 and Delpit at 19. 

I assume MIAMI will trade 5 and 26 for 3 and get Tua, then will need a LT since Davenport will get the Qb killed

6 minutes ago, Blazer026 said:

Bates was drafted when Guenther was on our staff already. 

I realized that but they kept the same system, or no.  I was going to include the Viking safeties which always seem to be on the bigger side but didn’t have time (was posting while running errands).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Devilshark69 said:

and his timed speed at 4.52 wasn't all that bad anyways.lol 

Yep, he's the type if player i feel who plays as fast as he times. Though i thought he timed a 4.63 or thereabouts. Some guys time real fast but they don't play that fast with the pads on.

combine was 4.52, I haven't seen a lot of tape on him, just a feeling.  Littleton-wlb, kwit-mlb , and Wilson slb would be okay with me. I like Harrison too , especially as a 2 down thumper. dye has height and coverage but is he light for slb? same for gaither. (wouldn't stop me from taking them but SLB does kinda dictate a little size/power) if im looking at the whole package , he seems very well rounded.imo

• Like 2

12. Jerry Jeudy | WR | Alabama

19. Xavier McKinney | S | Alabama

80. Damon Arnette | CB | Ohio State

81. Malik Harrison | LB | Ohio State

91. Zack Moss | RB | Utah

121. Antonio Gibson | RB/WR | Memphis

159. Logan Wilson | LB | Wisconsin 

• Like 1

Final Version Mock coming in a couple hours. Spent like 8 hours on this and took my time with every pick and pretended in-depth I was every team. 

A little early for a Final Version, but we have most of the information we need. My mock may change depending on Cam and Trent Williams landing spots.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Final Version Mock coming in a couple hours. Spent like 8 hours on this and took my time with every pick and pretended in-depth I was every team. 

A little early for a Final Version, but we have most of the information we need. My mock may change depending on Cam and Trent Williams landing spots.

Let me guess Carr gets traded?  We don’t get a WR @12.... we draft Love, Blacklock, Winfield and are guaranteed 4 Super Bowls and HoF busts!

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

12. Jerry Jeudy | WR | Alabama

19. Xavier McKinney | S | Alabama

80. Damon Arnette | CB | Ohio State

81. Malik Harrison | LB | Ohio State

91. Zack Moss | RB | Utah

121. Antonio Gibson | RB/WR | Memphis

159. Logan Wilson | LB | Wisconsin 

It’s really hard to do a mock that isn’t a worse case scenario.  Wilson’s generally considered a late 3rd to 4th round prospect.  In the 25+ years of following the draft theres always guys like this that fall a round.   
Sure its more likely Wilson’s gone by 121 then 159 but it wouldn’t be a shocker at all to see him go in the 5th.  It wasn’t long ago he wasn’t on many radars.  

sorry nothing against you,,, it’s just my pet peeve when people say “your 5th rounder will be gone by the 3rd”.  

19 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Let me guess Carr gets traded?  We don’t get a WR @12.... we draft Love, Blacklock, Winfield and are guaranteed 4 Super Bowls and HoF busts!

We trade Gruden, Carr, and Kolton Miller to the Chargers for a 7th Round Pick and Anthony Lynn

• Like 1