2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I’m fine with Renfrow but as Mayock would say, he’s definitely upgradeable. Plus People-Jones is projected his first year as a slot but would move to the outside his second year and we probably cut Tyrell. 

One reason we should go WR in first and 3rd is we can get good value in the 3rd and replace Williams and his 11M salary in ‘21, unless he balls out in ‘20.

edit:  I’m a firm believer in a mix of BPA but also taking into consideration the cost difference between signing a FA/resigning a player and the draft capital of a similar player.  For example, if you can spend a 3rd round pick on a WR and he projects to replace your #2 WR, who costs 11M, then there is more value then say a swing tackle who can be found on the FA market for 3-4M or a slot CB who will go for 5-7M.  

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

@BayRaider is suggesting we could upgrade the slot position in the draft this year though. 

No I did not. I said PJ and Renfrow would share time in the slot. I'd expect Renfrow to get more snaps there as well. PJ switches over to the outside his second year and Tyrell is cut.

Edited by BayRaider

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

No I did not. I said PJ and Renfrow would share time in the slot. I'd expect Renfrow to get more snaps there as well. PJ switches over to the outside his second year and Tyrell is cut.

I’m a huge Michigan fan and DPJ was a major disappointment for us.  Some of that had to do with QB play and it’s not exactly a wide open passing attack... but DPJ wasn’t that impressive.! 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m a huge Michigan fan and DPJ was a major disappointment for us.  Some of that had to do with QB play and it’s not exactly a wide open passing attack... but DPJ wasn’t that impressive.! 

I don't see it with DPJ. Tyrell is still a good NFL player. DPJ can't replace him.

Or at least, I don't see it.

Edited by MrOaktown_56

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

I said Renfrow is upgrade-able (which he is, by the way), never once did I say we are replacing him. DPJ would be an eventual Tyrell replacement. Keep building that narrative.

Everyone just builds narratives with you... whether it’s me, BP,  jtagg7754 (from the draft forum).... wierd 

Just now, MrOaktown_56 said:

I don't see it with DPJ. Tyrell is still a good NFL player. DPJ can't replace him.

Or at least, I don't see it.

DPJ would be a massive downgrade from Williams in ‘21.

i think we should go Lamb/Jeudy @ 12 and Pittman at 80/81/91.  If your looking to replace Williams long term, Pittman is a great option.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I honestly didn't watch much Michigan tape outside of DPJ, but everyone basically tells me they had the worst QB on the planet.

6 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Everyone just builds narratives with you... whether it’s me, BP,  jtagg7754 (from the draft forum).... wierd 

Not my fault you guys get sensitive. Usually mind my own business and you gentlemen outraged over some opinion. Not even just disagreeing, but outraged and super superrrr dramatic.

Edited by BayRaider

9 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I honestly didn't watch much Michigan tape outside of DPJ, but everyone basically tells me they had the worst QB on the planet.

That isn’t a bayraider hyperbole! Patterson was a massive disappointment.  I will say he stagnated all of our good WRs: Tarik Black, DPJ, Nico Collins, Ronnie Bell.  That’s quite a trio for college ball plus Eubanks and McKeon are good college TEs.  The OL wasn’t the best it’s ever been but there’s plenty day 2-3 picks on there.

edit: when Patterson transferred to Michigan he had 1st round potential according to many “semi-amateur” scouts.  I never bought into that idea but I thought he’d at least be a decent QB thatd be better in a more pass based offense.... nope he sucked

Edited by jimkelly02

4 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Not my fault you guys get sensitive. Usually mind my own business and you gentlemen outraged over some opinion. Not even just disagreeing, but outraged and super superrrr dramatic.

Lmaooooo  I truly enjoy your comments.... you crack me up.  Unfortunately no one gets “sensitive” they just get annoyed by you... big difference 

6 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

When you re-doing your mock?  

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

Lmaooooo  I truly enjoy your comments.... you crack me up.  Unfortunately no one gets “sensitive” they just get annoyed by you... big difference 

Getting annoyed would be the same thing as sensitive. You cant get annoyed on an internet forum unless you are deeply sensitive.

Being sensitive is someone that is extremely easily: irritable, annoyed, or negatively emotional.

18 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

It all had to do with qb play and play calling.