2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Great pass rush makes average DBs look good,  No pass rush makes Good DBs look bad... Landing a stud edge rusher would be amazing 

100 percent agree! I like both Ferrell and Maxx but a true elite Edge rusher would make a world of difference.  I would love Kinlaw or Brown at 12 and Chassion at 19.  

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Don't forget Chaisson is only 20, could really improve in the pros.....

I place a lot of value on age when looking at prospects.  Sometimes youll see a 5th year Senior at 24 years old break out  really raise his value with his senior year. I question and even deduct from their rise in this case.

on the other hand you sometimes get these 20yo prospects who like Chaisson have freshman and sophomore years that are promising but lack outright domination and then the rise in their junior year.  There really just growing into their bodies and developing their game and have way more upside. 

the only downside to these younger players (Eli Apple, Tremaine Edmunds, Amobi Okoye: top 10 pick as a 19 year old senior, etc) Is they often flame out for some reason.  Okoye has a good rookie year then was average at best.  Sometimes these guy just flame out.  Sometimes their great, it’s just risky.

3 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

I still think if they do grab a qb its gonna be morgan or Gordon late in the draft. don't think hurts will be there in the 3rd anyway. and if we somehow do get a 2nd I don't think the pick will be used on a qb...just imo.

If we're going to take a developmental QB other than Jalen Hurts, I'd prefer a late round flier on Anthony Gordon. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

in truth everyone on the team including gruden and mayock would be wondering...…"ok, whens he gonna pull an OBJ/AB?" And I don't care how much a person says hes changed or whatever, when you dig yourself into a hole, it takes time to get out of it. people may say"its all good bro" but we all know the truth. theyr` waiting for "the crazy".lol

This is why Mayock needs to tell Gruden no, even at the risk of them fighting with each other.  Gruden won’t win with his quick fix, instant satisfaction deals.

We need a few years of winning and conservative front office work to gain a culture and stability.

• Like 1

Just now, Humble_Beast said:

We have Kizer and Mariota ... QB hoarders 😨

Kizer ain’t ever gonna be a starter, but he could carve out a niche as a backup.  There’s been far more talented backup QBs, but also far,far more less talented ones.

Peterman actually played promising last preseason.... like not a QB2 just yet but a solid QB3.  We all know Gruden likes him a lot.  
Plus, Mariota is the extremely physically skilled, ultimate reclamation project.

Gruden has enough QBs to keep him up 24-7 throughout camp watching tape til sunrise and working with them.  I just don’t see their being any need to draft a developmental QB this year, unless a franchise QB fell into our laps. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

I highly doubt that Kizer makes it through training camp. 

We’ll likely carry 2 QBs and one PS QB.  I didn’t say Kizer and Peterman we’re making the team.  I said there on the team currently for Gruden’s sick QB affliction, lol.

there enough to keep Gruden from pounding the table for a guy like Jalen Hurts in rounds 2-3.

Everyone can say Kizer sucks and Peterman’s trash but they have more talent than some NFL QBs.  Heck Pitt trotted our Duck Devlin for a few games.  Who?

I do think gruden likes hurts (kid is an A level brain and leader no doubt) but I also believe gruden and mayock definitely believe in and know how to drive up a qb`s draft value. (h*ll gruden did this on his show.lol) they did it last year and I believe they`re doing it this year. (its also doing due diligence and data collecting for the future. ie. whoever ends up in LA, getting to know lock last year etc.)