2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

5 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I use DJ as a reference, a former NFL scout, to show people my opinion isn’t “crazy talk”, which sometimes they treat it as.

It's not your opinion though..... It's Daniel Jeremiah's and you're just parroting his opinion. You do it constantly and it's been obvious for months.

10 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Did you ask your intern friends why the guys in India are being harsh on Blacklock?

#pancakes

Back to trolling, nice. Another hard example I never bring these immaturity acts up and you highly annoy the forum with it. 

2 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

It's not your opinion though..... It's Daniel Jeremiah's and you're just parroting his opinion. You do it constantly and it's been obvious for months.

Another lie to build a narrative against me. Literally. A literal lie to build a narrative. Where the proof of this? Mr. Detective? Because I’m high on Blacklock and Aiyuk and have them Top 20, I’m parroting DJ Rankings? Do you know how dumb that sounds? There are so many boards with Blacklock and Aiyuk Top 20. Sooo many. Draft Geek. Many others. Because you think those two opinions are “out there” does not mean they uncommon. 

I feel this is a lot about Shenault again, which you think Aiyuk over Shenault is a bad opinion. When like 75% would rather have Aiyuk over Shenault. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Back to trolling, nice. Another hard example I never bring these immaturity acts up and you highly annoy the forum with it. 

Trolling.. or calling you out AGAIN for flip flopping with PFF? Chastising PFF when it comes to Blacklock. But you use them to support players you like. Can't have it both ways.

Love how you've yet to address the fact you got exposed and ACTUALLY said you know interns at PFF who said they outsource to India (parroted from a 2 year old reddit article). That was the biggest laugh that will define my 2020 draft experience. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

Where the proof of this?

I too read and listen to DJ.  And the similarities in your opinions are too similar on certain prospects. 

2 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I feel this is a lot about Shenault again, which you think Aiyuk over Shenault is a bad opinion. When like 75% would rather have Aiyuk over Shenault. 

It's not... I am maybe one of three posters high on Shenault as if I care to argue the point.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I use DJ as a reference, a former NFL scout, to show people my opinion isn’t “crazy talk”, which sometimes they treat it as. Same thing with Ferrell at 4 last year, I never mocked him at 4 but I remember saying I’d be “ok” with it and here comes the forum police who think certain things are crazy talk. I remember in this subforum, and only this subforum, my Blacklock and Aiyuk Pro-Posts were treated like they were totally out of “left field” and people had barely even heard of them. 

And there is many things I don’t agree with DJ on. I have Gross-Matos at #6 while he didn’t even have him ranked until recently and at #32. Like I said, I only reference him, because some people think I’m like the only person on the planet with certain opinions. 

Did you misspell Blacklock's name because according to the search feature you only brought him up in March in this thread. The earliest mentions are NYRaider talking about him in third November, me talking about him in the fourth in December, CaliforniaKid7 talking about him or Kinlaw as options in the first end of January, and then HumbleBeast listing him as a 19 option along with other prospects if we went WR at 12. Then in  March he became frequently talked about.

Aiyuk was brought up by Garcia in October with Justwinning and Mr Oaktown liking him in November. Raging Raider, G, OGC2X,  Ganon12, and ronjon all wrote about Aiyuk before you as well and your first mention of him --like others-- was that he'd be good value in the third. Then he kept rising until he bombed the 40 at the combine running a 4.5X instead of a low 4.3X. Now with being a 1 year guy with injury questions I think he's back to being an upside guy in the 2nd or 3rd more than a legit first round prospect, but could easily and justifiably go in the first.

The community definitely knew about these guys though and you, me or anyone else, didn't discover them. None of us need to find personal glory in the draft, it's about sharing what you like and why with a community of like-interested people also sharing. It's the me I did it tone some posts come off with that makes the forum combative when it really doesn't need to be at all.

People legitimately like your posts when it's content focused. We all like each others content focused posts. We don't need to collect merit badges to show off out skillz though.

• Like 5

@big_palooka Nice to know I’m always on your mind, especially about the past. I come here to talk football and draft. You come here to flame and get mad when opinions are not the same as yours, especially when they are “way” different. I never flame you first, not once in history of the forum. And then we clog this up for 4 pages that nobody wants to see. 

How’s Tua’s “horrible throwing motion” and not a 1st Round QB to all of a sudden QB1 ahead of Joe Burrow...? Yeah, the biggest pancake of all time. One thing I’m not, is a hypocrite. That’s you all day buddy. Opinions change. That’s why there’s 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 of draft rankings by everyone. You acting like opinions aren’t suppose to change, and should he concrete, is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. 

5 minutes ago, Trojan said:

Did you misspell Blacklock's name because according to the search feature you only brought him up in March in this thread. The earliest mentions are NYRaider talking about him in third November, me talking about him in the fourth in December, CaliforniaKid7 talking about him or Kinlaw as options in the first end of January, and then HumbleBeast listing him as a 19 option along with other prospects if we went WR at 12. Then in  March he became frequently talked about.

Aiyuk was brought up by Garcia in October with Justwinning and Mr Oaktown liking him in November. Raging Raider, G, OGC2X,  Ganon12, and ronjon all wrote about Aiyuk before you as well and your first mention of him --like others-- was that he'd be good value in the third. Then he kept rising until he bombed the 40 at the combine running a 4.5X instead of a low 4.3X. Now with being a 1 year guy with injury questions I think he's back to being an upside guy in the 2nd or 3rd more than a legit first round prospect, but could easily and justifiably go in the first.

The community definitely knew about these guys though and you, me or anyone else, didn't discover them. None of us need to find personal glory in the draft, it's about sharing what you like and why with a community of like-interested people also sharing. It's the me I did it tone some posts come off with that makes the forum combative when it really doesn't need to be at all.

People legitimately like your posts when it's content focused. We all like each others content focused posts. We don't need to collect merit badges to show off out skillz though.

I never once bragged or suggested I found Blacklock or Aiyuk as talents. Just BP, Jim, and a couple others have acted like Blacklock and Aiyuk should go no where near Pick 19 and my opinion on that is basically “horrible”. 

I would not be surprised at all if Blacklock is the pick at 19.

Edited by BayRaider

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I never once bragged or suggested I found Blacklock or Aiyuk as talents. Just BP, Jim, and a couple others have acted like Blacklock and Aiyuk should go no where near Pick 19 and that opinion is basically “horrible”. 

I would not be surprised at all if Blacklock is the pick at 19.

I feel it and didn't intend to come off as mean, it's just the content based posts are when the thread goes hot and is fun. The trolling comes when it's personal records and claims. We don't need to tear each other down, just chill and talk prospects and plans. I think Blacklock and Aiyuk could go near 19, but I don't want them at 19 to the Raiders. We could take a Chase Claypool at 19 too, that's more out there but theoretically possible. I think it's more likely Claypool and Aiyuk go within 10 picks of one another than it is that Aiyuk goes within 10 picks of 19th overall. I think Blacklock is solidly behind Brown and Kinlaw and arguably behind Justin Madubike, which makes him a late first to second round guy to me, however most 2nd round guys could go in the first if the right situation pops up. I would think Neville Gallimore gets consideration over Blacklock by a number of teams too.

Edited by Trojan

1 minute ago, Trojan said:

I feel it and didn't intend to come off as mean, it's just the content based posts are when the thread goes hot and is fun. The trolling comes when it's personal records and claims. We don't need to tear each other down, just chill and talk prospects and plans. I think Blacklock and Aiyuk could go near 19, but I don't want them at 19 to the Raiders. We could take a Chase Claypool at 19 too, that's more out there but theoretically possible. I think it's more likely Claypool and Aiyuk go within 10 picks of one another than it is that Aiyuk goes withing 10 picks of 19th overall. I think Blacklock is solidly behind Brown and Kinlaw and arguably behind Justin Madubike, which makes him a late first to second round guy to me, however most 2nd round guys could go in the first if the right situation pops up.

Oh I fully agree man. If you look at all these BP and I clutterfests, probably like 30 of them by now, I did not start a single one of them. I come here to talk football. Not to be harassed. 

19 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@big_palooka Nice to know I’m always on your mind, especially about the past. I come here to talk football and draft. You come here to flame and get mad when opinions are not the same as yours, especially when they are “way” different. I never flame you first, not once in history of the forum. And then we clog this up for 4 pages that nobody wants to see. 

How’s Tua’s “horrible throwing motion” and not a 1st Round QB to all of a sudden QB1 ahead of Joe Burrow...? Yeah, the biggest pancake of all time. One thing I’m not, is a hypocrite. That’s you all day buddy. Opinions change. That’s why there’s 1.0, 2.0, 3.0, 4.0 of draft rankings by everyone. You acting like opinions aren’t suppose to change, and should he concrete, is the dumbest thing I’ve ever heard. 

Cmon guys let’s knock it off. If you want to disagree on the prospects that’s fine but let’s save @‘s and quote chains for more meaningful discussions. I don’t want to give out warnings during draft szn. 

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Cmon guys let’s knock it off. If you want to disagree on the prospects that’s fine but let’s save @‘s and quote chains for more meaningful discussions. I don’t want to give out warnings during draft szn. 

I fully 100% agree. I never start this, ever. Ever. However, Oaktown, I’m not just gonna sit by and be insulted and also have my integrity questioned. I will respond, and not kindly. The only way it stops is if BP stops flaming. I’m not the issue here. Never have been. 

Edited by BayRaider

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. If we're going to take a DT I'd only want Derrick Brown as well. 

Another ideal scenario would be something like:

* Trade #12 & #80 to Arizona for #8 * 

* Trade #19 to New England for #23 & #98 *

Then take Brown at #8 and AJ Terrell at #23. 

Great post. Not disagreeing at all but I do think to get to 8 it’ll cost at least 12,80 and 160 to even 91.

also GB for 30+62 (trade up for WR or LB)

or Indy for 34,44 (to take Love)

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

Ummm the whole need with me started with you making jokes about people’s wives banging other men,,, not to mention your constant swipes.  I through we agreed to stop?  You’ve been quite chippy today.

im done fighting with you out of respect to @MrOaktown_56 and the others.

Edited by jimkelly02