2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I’d go Jaylon Johnson or Ross Blacklock in real life. I love, love both players 

For reference, this exact situation happened yesterday and Charles Davis had us taking Blacklock:

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001108117/article/charles-davis-2020-nfl-mock-draft-20-patriots-pick-jordan-love

But you’re the GM and whatever you pick I’m ok with. Even Fulton. Even though I don’t think Fulton’s that good. 

I’m surprised you didn’t say Love.... after all that debate.  I’m actually considering him here at 19.

3 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I’m surprised you didn’t say Love.... after all that debate.  I’m actually considering him here at 19.

I’d have no issues with Love at 19. QB is a need for us (can I say that in this sub now without getting bombarded by people?) and Love at 19 is excellent value if he falls there. 12, so-so. 19 is great value though. 

And all of these players at 19 are a gamble anyways. Why not gamble on Jordan Love?

He’s the preferred pick at 12 on RaiderForum, like 60% of the forum lol. Such a different atmosphere over there. 

4 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Chaisson is an interesting prospect at SLB but to get full value out of him, you’re gonna have to rush him a lot. Where as our DC likes to rush 4. And if Chaisson plays DE, where does Maxx and Ferrell go? Chaisson is an odd fit, even though I really like him. 

Like Allen last year.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I disagree with your assessment on Chaisson and the comparison to key.  If he is there at 19 he is a better prospect than either Espenesa or Matos.  

Chaisson is raw but his upside potential is through the roof.  

Yeah I heard that same spiel with Brian Burns last year. It's all about fit for me and Chaisson doesn't fit what PG or Marinelli like in a DE. It's as simple as that. 

• Like 1

It's obvious what we need to do...

We make teams start moving by PUBLICLY announcing our offers to Miami and Detroit two weeks BEFORE the Draft...

12/19/91 is 2,211 points

So #3 Detroit is 2200 points. 

Miami's #5 and #39 is 2210 points.

First one who takes it gets the deal!

If we get #3 people will think it's Tua and jump to #2 which gives us DE Young. We could probably trade down a pick or two for a team dying for Young. 

So Cinci Burrow, LAC trades up to #2 to keep Tua away from us then Washington, Giants and Miami might all be willing to 'deal' and the Giants/ Miami have excellent 2nd round picks and Washington would have to give up 2021 1st. If we take young it's better than Chassion and we trade up for WR if 1st round WR's aren't productive enough for some here.

If it's #5 We get Okudah or Simmons maybe Tua but I'd expect a team to trade ahead of us for him.

Best thing about making the offer public and to two teams is it sends a signal we want somebody bad and are being active. If neither team takes our offer it makes other teams feel we didn't want a WR at 12 and maybe all 3 are there.

Either way we don't lose. Win/Win/Win IMO

20 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Whoa. You got us a 2021 1st and 2nd from Carolina from Pick 19? Nice, man. 

Gives us tons of ammo to move up for Trevor Lawrence next year if Carr faulters. 

Thanks! 
I’d prefer to be positive and think he’ll do good and then add Chase and then Carr’s all-world and even you have his jersey in ‘21

I’ll tell more details once the guy picks 

ps- was never going to take Love I was bluffing trying to get bidders.  You should know me better than that.  I’m a shrewd negotiator like the guy from vinwiki (YouTube joke). It was hard to even stomach typing those thoughts about Love but to get a deal done i sucked it up lol

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Whoa. You got us a 2021 1st and 2nd from Carolina from Pick 19? Nice, man. 

Gives us tons of ammo to move up for Trevor Lawrence next year if Carr faulters. 

This isn’t an attack in you ... just 2 men talking kindly with each other...

why is it that your first comment is “if Carr faulters”?  I mean I get Lawrence is a future stud but is that why or do you just always think negatively about Carr?  Like do I think there’s any chance he’s even just good enough to stay in ‘21?

33 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I traded # 19.  Please go to the FFMD thread to see details.  I’d really like your opinions.

Great trade but I'm fascinated to see who you would have taken had you stayed at 19? 

If you were not able to pull off that trade would you still have went Lamb at 12 knowing what was available at 19?