2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Lasted less than 48 hours before taking another personal shot. Just laughable in every sense of the word. And obsessed beyond measure. @MrOaktown_56 , before you come in here and give us both a warning again like last time, there’s your evidence I never once start any of that non-sense. So if you’re shooting out warnings, leave me out of it. I literally have nothing to do with that. 

I'd honestly prefer defense at both first round picks. However, unless Derrick Brown/Jeff Okudah/Isaiah Simmons fall, the value isn't quite there.

So at 12 I prefer a trade down.

If Mayock can't trade down give me a Top WR like Jeudy/Ruggs/Lamb.

At 19 give me Jaylon Johnson, Ross Blacklock, AJ Terrell, or to a lesser extent, Zack Baun.

Draft can't come fast enough. We all know who we want. We all have played dozens of scenarios in our head. We're ready.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Trojan said:

Only thing keeping me from wanting Chase Claypool as our primary WR target is like 2 inches of arm length and I'm kinda getting to the point of saying who cares and wanting him.

I’ve seen a couple Waller comparison with him lately. 

I really enjoy watching Terrell and would be very happy if he's the pick at 19 but I hope we can swing some type of trade back no matter how small to recoup some mid-round picks. In all likely hood AJT should be available in the 30-40 range so if we can trade 10-20 spots back and still get our guy while adding a pick in the 50-80 range I'd love that. 

Adding that extra pick in the late 2-3rd would allow us to still get our guy in AJT but have an extra pick that I would like to see used as true BPA. It's a great range to potentially double dip on a WR that fell like Higgins, a RB like Akers, a DB like Chinn, or a front 7 player like Uche, YGM, or Blacklock. 

Anyone that can comment, how would you compare Mullen to AJT as prospects coming out? Definitely a better CB class this year compared to last. 

**Actually tested this idea on TDN and it worked perfectly, was able to flip 19+our 5th for 40+53

1.12 Jerry Jeudy, WR

2.40 AJ Terrell, CB

2.53 Tee Higgins, WR

3.80 Robert Hunt, IOL

3.81 Amik Robertson, Slot

3.90 Antonio Gibson, RB/WR

4.121 Leki Fotu, DT

7. 233 Nigel Warrior, S

Didn't get to add as much talent to the defensive front 7 as I wanted to with the way the board fell but our offense would be sick. We'd be extremely versatile and could trot out a line up w/ some insane size w/ Higgins, Williams, and Waller and some great slot/underneath guys in Jacobs, Renfrow, and Jeudy. Terrell and Robertson give us two pieces going forward that completes our youth movement at CB with Terrell, Johnson, Robertson, and Mullen. 

Edited by CaliforniaKid7

30 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Lasted less than 48 hours before taking another personal shot. Just laughable in every sense of the word. And obsessed beyond measure. @MrOaktown_56 , before you come in here and give us both a warning again like last time, there’s your evidence I never once start any of that non-sense. So if you’re shooting out warnings, leave me out of it. I literally have nothing to do with that. 

@big_palooka is well within his right to disagree, or even bring up your old posts as a rebuttal. I would prefer that he not comment along the lines of credibilty, etc because that gets into ad hominem territory.

But @BayRaider I understand that you may disagree, but you can't really take moral high ground by continuing to say he's "obsessed" and "he started it" and then say leave me out of it.

I won't be giving out warnings like candy, but I do want to try to clean up these back and forths.

If I were you, I'd respond to his quoted posts about your rankings in February and keep the discussion to football. If BP ignores my requests then I will deal with the situation appropriately.

32 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

@big_palooka is well within his right to disagree, or even bring up your old posts as a rebuttal. I would prefer that he not comment along the lines of credibilty, etc because that gets into ad hominem territory.

But @BayRaider I understand that you may disagree, but you can't really take moral high ground by continuing to say he's "obsessed" and "he started it" and then say leave me out of it.

I won't be giving out warnings like candy, but I do want to try to clean up these back and forths.

If I were you, I'd respond to his quoted posts about your rankings in February and keep the discussion to football. If BP ignores my requests then I will deal with the situation appropriately.

His entire post was a personal shot, if you can’t see that, you are literally blind. The whole point of his post was to take an aim on my credibility and character. There was literally nothing constructive about his post. It was just another long line of his cheap shots and obsession. 

And yes bringing up old threads/posts, even if it’s not bumping it (quotes instead), in an attempt to make someone look bad, is against the rules. You might wanna talk to Webby on that one. I’ve seen 10+ warnings on this forum about that subject. 

Edited by BayRaider

@MrOaktown_56 He also edited out the passive aggressive insult at the end and dressed it up quite a bit and took stuff out before you read it (still a cheap shot post in the edited version taking aim at credibility/character and nothing constructive though, at all. Not as bad as the original post, but still a shot nonetheless).

Edited by BayRaider

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

His entire post was a personal shot, if you can’t see that, you are literally blind. The whole point of his post was to take an aim on my credibility and character. There was literally nothing constructive about his post. It was just another long line of his cheap shots and obsession. 

And yes bringing up old threads/posts, even if it’s not bumping it, in an attempt to make someone look bad, is against the rules. You might wanna talk to Webby on that one. I’ve seen 10+ warnings on this forum about that subject. 

When you put yourself out there you become subject to scrutiny. People still bring up Bruce Campbell and dhb on me. It comes with the territory eat your cake when you win but enjoy your crow too if you don’t win.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Also Gibson and Jacobs in a split back shot gun set would be incredibly fun

Never thought of that but yes that sounds like a crazy-effective 2RB set in shot gun. Don't sleep on Richard though, he's a great shotgun back.

8 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

When you put yourself out there you become subject to scrutiny. People still bring up Bruce Campbell and dhb on me. It comes with the territory eat your cake when you win but enjoy your crow too if you don’t win.

In good and fun sure. Have no issues with that. That's not how he does it. He makes sure he tries to take aim at your character and credibility. And unlike you taking some jokes about Campbell/DHB every once in a blue moon, BP takes a shot at me every 24-48 hours. About things he does himself. It's literal obsession. And hypocrisy. I'm here to participate in football discussion. Not partake in childish games.

Let's get this back on draft discussion though, don't need to daily BP/Bay off topic multi-page non-sense. That I, once again, never start.

Edited by BayRaider

26 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

@MrOaktown_56 He also edited out the passive aggressive insult at the end and dressed it up quite a bit and took stuff out before you read it (still a cheap shot post in the edited version taking aim at credibility/character and nothing constructive though, at all. Not as bad as the original post, but still a shot nonetheless).

giphy.gif

• Like 2

Once again, here to have adult conversations about football. Not take childish shots at people and use twelve year old memes. There was a new mod named here because it is the worst controlled sub forum. And, still is.

Onto mature discussion, who do you guys want to aim for at Picks 80, 81, and 91?

Some guys I like in that range are: DT Jordan Elliott, EDGE Jonathan Greenard, WR Michael Pittman Jr., and obviously QB Jalen Hurts. I also want to come away with a guard.

I also don't want Pittman if we get a WR at 12. I'm actually against double dipping in this class.

I love S Terrell Burgess but I think he goes in the 2nd Round.

Edited by BayRaider

15 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Onto mature discussion, who do you guys want to aim for at Picks 80, 81, and 91?

Some guys I like in that range are: DT Jordan Elliott, EDGE Jonathan Greenard, WR Michael Pittman Jr., and obviously QB Jalen Hurts. I also want to come away with a guard.

I also don't want Pittman if we get a WR at 12. I'm actually against double dipping in this class.

I love S Terrell Burgess but I think he goes in the 2nd Round.

Ive tried to sell myself on Hurts but the more ive watched of him, I just cant. He's a great college QB and seems like A+ character. But I dont see it at the NFL level. More the NFL as a system then him personally. "Developmental" QBs in the NFL seem mostly like a myth. If a guy doesnt have some aspect to his game that is game ready almost immediately then its too hard to develop off practice reps alone.