2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, oakdb36 said:

Definitely. Speed looks good enough but his 3 cone would have been interesting. His tackling isn't good either. That LSU game is brutal.

To be fair, Chase also destroyed AJ Terrell in the title game. 

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Incorrect.  I said top 5 pick WR's have to be Julio (elite X)  which is where we drafted Cooper.  If a team drafts a WR at 32 overall one would not expect there to be a Julio type prospect value there. 

Fair enough

More chatter about the Redskins potentially taking Tua at #2. That'd be an interesting scenario because I'm assuming the board would fall like: 

1. Cin - Burrow

2. Wash - Tua 

3. Det - Young

4. NYG - Becton 

5. Mia - Herbert

6. LAC - Love

7. Car - Simmons

7 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Only guy to shut chase from LSU down was this dude Parnell motley from okla 

It's not perfect, but he didn't get demolished or anything against Chase and LSU (Clyde did the most against him imo)

Edited by Trojan

I still think NYG goes with Simmons. The upside is greater than with any of the Tackles imo. Plus, Gettleman has shown he’s willing to pick a player at a perceived undervalued position (e.g. Saquon Barkley, RB at #2). They signed Cam Fleming who can be a stopgap at RT while they target a Tackle with their early 2nd round pick.

No motley shut him down completely watch it he fallowed him 90% of the game it was nice to watch

“He was still trying to get his licks in on Biletnikoff Award winner Ja’Marr Chase—who trash talked Motley earlier in the week, begging him to try and be physical with him, and only recorded two catches, with neither coming when Motley defended him”

https://soonerswire.usatoday.com/2019/12/30/in-his-final-game-parnell-motley-gave-oklahoma-everything-he-had/

35 minutes ago, agarcia34 said:

If you have time and who am I kidding we all have time nowadays read this.

He's probably going to be a really good player.  I know we don't need a LB at 19 but wouldn't be upset if we drafted him.  I like high character guys.  I'm sure he'll take care of business with another team.

2 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Character issue think he kicked someone got suspended fresh or soph yr

Yeah that was listed in the article you posted just a second ago lol.  I'm sure it was that and the fact that he played on a terrible defense two seasons ago.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jerry said:

He's probably going to be a really good player.  I know we don't need a LB at 19 but wouldn't be upset if we drafted him.  I like high character guys.  I'm sure he'll take care of business with another team.

It was my same thinking earlier that Murray at 19 would complete the LB core, but but I've been convinced we can get a guy in the 3rd we really need to come away with a CB, WR in the first two pick.

• Like 1