2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

15 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

How does Ruggs compare to Marquise Brown? Who's the best prospect? Why?

I don’t think Ruggs compares to Brown at all. Brown is a smaller WR, slot WR for crossing routes, and a huge deep threat. 

Ruggs has the same speed, maybe slightly faster than Brown, but less acceleration. But Ruggs is much more well rounded. He can play on the outside, ran the most diverse route tree of all the Top 2 Round Projected WRs, very sure hands, deep threat, and can jump-ball (not the greatest, but this is non existent for Brown). 

Marquies Brown is a very good player and quite deserving of a Top 25 Selection. 

I think Ruggs is better, more well-rounded, and deserving of a Top 15 Selection. 

9 hours ago, NYRaider said:

40 time is one of the most overrated things in football. You see guys like Michael Thomas (4.57), DeAndre Hopkins (4.57), and Keenan Allen (4.73) dominating year after year. How many times during a game are guys running in a straight line anyway? 

Those guys you mention play physical and have a feel for the game. Why I like Lamb, he plays physical and has a feel/anticipation for the field to create space and break tackles. You pair that with his above average route running, hands and playmaking stature, he checks all the boxes. 

Lamb, IMO just has an "it" factor that I don't see with the other top WRs.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Ruggs also has shown plenty of examples defeating press regularly.

Show me this... Because I think it's one area he has to improve. Just look at the LSU game. They pressed, played him physical and he did nothing the entire game. Fulton (who you say can't play outside) literally took his lunch money playing press man against him. 

If there is one thing that worries me with him, it's his ability to get off press man against the better NFL corners.

This is how unpredictable the NFL Draft is:

Charlie Campbell is your back to back to back Media Mock Draft Champion with 11/32 correct in 2017, 10/32 in 2018, and 10/32 in 2019. And the average correct on this website last year was just 5/32. Kind of staggering numbers. The NFL Draft is one of the most unpredictable events in sports.

Edited by BayRaider

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

when Chaisson chased down lamb

I know the play you're referencing and this is a stretch. Chaisson was in a full sprint, Lamb had just broke off his route, caught the ball and was turning up field. You're making it sound like Chaisson ran him down from a full sprint, which isn't the case.

37 minutes ago, Darbsk said:

Certainly possible. If I had to bet who is the pick at 19 right now, I'd bet it being Jaylon Johnson.

I think we are his ceiling though. He'll go 19-32. Somewhere in there. Although his ceiling ironically seems like the most likely spot.

Ruggs with press will hardly be an issue because of his speed. Will he need to work on it, yeah, but he will hardly have to deal with that because of the danger of his speed. Same reason why Tyreek hardly sees press coverage, but if you press him you better delay his get off because if not you're done.

Also, this is football in 2020 with so may different formation so much more motion and preplay movement that you can move a player around to where he won't have to face press coverage.

Ruggs doesn't compare to M.Brown at all aside from being fast. Ruggs is so much more bigger than Brown in height and in weight.

I just think of last years draft and Vic has always said that the Raiders wanted Terry McLaurin in last years draft. They wanted that speed. Well, this year you have a chance to get a better and faster version of Scarry Terry. 

11 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

It’s crazy that DHB and Ross went anywhere near where they did. Ruggs runs circles around those cats as WR prospects. 

Ross has been banged up but actually played pretty well last season. Was on pace for 1,000 yards & 6 TD before he got hurt.

4 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Those guys you mention play physical and have a feel for the game. Why I like Lamb, he plays physical and has a feel/anticipation for the field to create space and break tackles. You pair that with his above average route running, hands and playmaking stature, he checks all the boxes. 

Lamb, IMO just has an "it" factor that I don't see with the other top WRs.

Agreed. Another thing with Lamb too is that he was always the focal point of opposing defensive gameplans while the Alabama guys had the luxury of being on a team with 4 1st round picks at WR. As of now I'm hoping for:

1. CeeDee Lamb

2. Small trade up for Okudah/Brown

3. Henry Ruggs

4. Trade down

5. Jerry Jeudy 

6 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Ross has been banged up but actually played pretty well last season. Was on pace for 1,000 yards & 6 TD before he got hurt.

I don't know why you keep bringing this up. Even if he had finally gone over 1000 yards in his 3rd season, it's still a bad pick. And he didn't. If we draft a guy who ends up producing like Ross, everybody's going to be real pissed off and for good reason.

2 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't know why you keep bringing this up. Even if he had finally gone over 1000 yards in his 3rd season, it's still a bad pick. And he didn't. If we draft a guy who ends up producing like Ross, everybody's going to be real pissed off and for good reason.

Of course if we draft a WR that gets hurt every year people are going to be pissed off.