2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think Edwards has potential (and is underrated, poorly developed in college) but let me just bring One Point:

4/17 on passes over 20y

71 receptions: 36 on screens.  That means if you deduct the designed screen plays out, he only has 35 passes caught.

I think he’s a good prospect, I’m not ****ting on him.  He was clearly held back by the coaches.  Nonetheless, he’s got BIG, BIG concerns if he can Produce in the NFL.

Produced in the SEC on a bad team and bad offense. He's a guy that if you put him at Alabama, UGA, etc. he would be talked about a lot more than he is. Round 3 where he's projected, I like that gamble 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Oh I fully agree. He shouldn’t go in the 1st. He’s less raw than Tytus Howard though imo, who went in the 1st last year. However, at this point, it’s quite clear BoB has no idea what he’s doing, so I’m not sure how relevant that is. 

I literally read “Tyrus Howard went in 1st” then hit “REPLY” to just write yeah well that’s BoB’s dumb ask making the pic lol.... but then read the rest when it popped up in the quote.  I loved that pick though,,, you know why? Cuz I finally got to laugh at a ridiculous 1st round pick after so many times it being us! I loved it!  Didn’t they already move him to Guard? Yeah take a late 2nd project tackle at 23 (Jacobs, Hollywood Brown, Sweat, Abrams all immediately after him) and move him to G.... instead of spending a 3rd/4th on a real G

If we asked who would go 1st Howard or Max Scharping itd have been a toss up and we’d guess the ceiling was late 2nd (55) or 3rd.... not for BoB... he don’t give a F lol he does what he want! Then faces so much pressure form bad decisions he caves and trades a 2nd for Cooks to try and justify his dump moves.  Double down harder!  Yo, BoB any interest in making a deal with us?

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Produced in the SEC on a bad team and bad offense. He's a guy that if you put him at Alabama, UGA, etc. he would be talked about a lot more than he is. Round 3 where he's projected, I like that gamble 

Yeah in round 3 he’s a nice gamble.  I agree.  He is a high upside gamble there.  But WR5? Yikes!  That’s crazy talk.  It’s an overreaction to Edwards low consensus grade.

18 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I think Edwards has potential (and is underrated, poorly developed in college) but let me just bring One Point:

4/17 on passes over 20y

71 receptions: 36 on screens.  That means if you deduct the designed screen plays out, he only has 35 passes caught.

I think he’s a good prospect, I’m not ****ting on him.  He was clearly held back by the coaches.  Nonetheless, he’s got BIG, BIG concerns if he can Produce in the NFL.

I wouldn't look too hard at his production at SCAR. Bad qb and mediocre team. If you watch the all 22 that crock posted, you can see how he runs his routes. I'm not super concerned. WR5 is rich. I just like the eval he gave. No way I'd take edwards over ruggs lol.

31 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

If you swapped Ruggs and Reagor's helmets, what would that mean? I feel Ruggs is getting a lot attention playing at 'Bama. If he played at TCU, is he's in this conversation? I don't think he personally. 

'Bama guys get pushed up in the draft a lot.

I think Ruggs is more complete than Reagor.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You and I are on the same page with so many prospect. Love Edwards as well. And glad to see Dantzler improve his time as I'm a fan of his.

Nice article on Lamb.  I just love his mentality. That dude is looking for the kill shot on every play.  That’s the type of guy I want.  Mean, nasty, trying to physically dominate the other man.  People say “Oh, Jeudy’s more of a deep threat”. Sure his quickness and speed is better.... but Lamb is just that MF who wins and makes the catch.  Like Crabtree vs Texas on the last play. Lamb’s got those intangibles where he can still make the catch with great coverage, stiff arm the CB with a “get off me little *****” and score.  If there’s one WR in this draft I want for 3rd/4th and 7s on possibly game ending plays it’s Lamb.  I see Jeudy disappearing like Cooper did/does.

i dont think this has been discussed but i think Lamb can add 10lbs to his frame.  He’s got one of those Jamiacan/Haitian 0% fat bodies.... and I think with some more power he’ll be even better.

Edited by jimkelly02
  • Like 3

8 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I wouldn't look too hard at his production at SCAR. Bad qb and mediocre team. If you watch the all 22 that crock posted, you can see how he runs his routes. I'm not super concerned. WR5 is rich. I just like the eval he gave. No way I'd take edwards over ruggs lol.

I like Edwards too, have for a long time.  Catches a lot of his videos (not all 22s tho) and just came away thinking “Huh?... what’s missing”.  But he’s as a 3rd rounder I love him.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

If you swapped Ruggs and Reagor's helmets, what would that mean? I feel Ruggs is getting a lot attention playing at 'Bama. If he played at TCU, is he's in this conversation? I don't think he personally. 

'Bama guys get pushed up in the draft a lot.

One guy is a 4.2 guy and one guy is a shade under being a 4.5 guy.