2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

48 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Very respectfully disagree. Lamb is B in Route Running and Jeudy is A+. Best Route Runner to come out of college in a long, long time. He’s absolutely excellent. 

Cooper was just as good if not better coming out. Ridley was solid too.

8 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

While I agree Jeudy is very good, I would disagree on the A+. But I suppose it depends on how you define "route running." Jeudy has supreme understanding and experience of routes and their nuances. But actually running those routes against NFL CBs requires a level of physicality and athleticism to be elite. I do not believe Jeudy does.

Agreed, can't be A+ when u get pushed around off routes. That's in college. Lamb way more physical.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roi34 said:

Agreed, can't be A+ when u get pushed around off routes. That's in college. Lamb way more physical.

Can Lamb be that physical in the NFL though? He’s not much stronger than Jeudy, Ruggs, and Jefferson at all. Yes he’s a physical player, but I don’t know if that’s gonna translate to the NFL. He played almost no press coverage in college compared to those other three, and he’s not as strong as people claim. He’s definitely no where near as strong as AJ Brown last year. 

Adam Rank’s mock today:

12. Jerry Jeudy

19. Jaylon Johnson

2nd media person in 24 hours to give Johnson to the Raiders at 19. Joel Klatt being the one yesterday. 

As I said then “it has begun...”.

JJ to the Raiders, please. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Can Lamb be that physical in the NFL though? He’s not much stronger than Jeudy, Ruggs, and Jefferson at all. Yes he’s a physical player, but I don’t know if that’s gonna translate to the NFL. He played almost no press coverage in college compared to those other three, and he’s not as strong as people claim. He’s definitely no where near as strong as AJ Brown last year. 

This is why I think he is DeVante Parker lite and will take a little time to to be successful.  He will need to get stronger and smarter to beat NFL CBs  like he did at OU.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

This is why I think he is DeVante Parker lite and will take a little time to to be successful.  He will need to get stronger and smarter to beat NFL CBs  like he did at OU.

Agreed. Lamb will have the least impact the first two years imo out of all the Top 4 WR’s. After that though, who knows. He could be quite dangerous and impactful if he puts on that much needed muscle. 

Edited by BayRaider

23 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

If we are throwing out NFL comparisons let's throw some out for Jeudy and Ruggs.  If Lamb is Parker light like you claim then picking "Parker lite" at 12 is absolutely terrible value. 

Happy 500 homers... I had to ;)

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

2 hours ago, TheMadStork said:

No one is saying he’s not a good route runner..

im saying he’s route running has been overrated IMO. I give his route running a solid B. Which is good. It’s definitely not elite.  

Jeudy on the other hand does have very elite running ability..

What is this strawman? No one said he's an elite route runner.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, TheMadStork said:

Why did you send like 7 different videos of him doing the easiest route in all of football? A comeback route...

I would choose Lamb at 12 because:

1. Because his hands are the best in the draft

2. End zone threat

3. Playmaker

but I don’t know if he will be similar to:

1. Hopkins 

2. Dez 

3. Crabtree 

4. Someone brought up Devante Parker..I could see that. Hopefully Parker today, not 3 years ago

And I think all of those are worth it except Crabtree. 

A part of me feels that Ruggs could make a greater impact specifically in our division where I don’t see many CBS that can cover speed WRs. I do see CBS that can cover Lamb

Click on the thread. Twitter didn't embed it properly.

Saying a comeback is "easy" is ignorant of what some of these routes show in terms of potential skillset.

Can he stop and start quickly and efficiently? Yes. Can he threaten a corner vertically? Yes. And his nearly identical 10 yard split to Jeudys (.01 off) shows that clearly. If you can do those two things, it shows you have the run most NFL level routes with some exceptions (e.g. blaze out).

The reason he didn't run more elaborate routes is because he wasn't asked to do so at Oklahoma. Let's not act like he's incapable in terms of mental/physical ability from becoming even better as a route runner.

I still don't see where anyone is "overrating" Lamb as a route runner. No one has compared him to Jeudy as a route runner. Jeudy is definitely better at it. He's also not as physical/strong, has worse hands, more drops, not as good in contested catch situations, etc.

I see some of Jeudy's flaws as less coachable. How do you coach someone to outmuscle DB's and destroy them in the run game? How do you coach them to make circus catches?

Can you teach new route concepts that he hasn't seen and have him make refinements in his ability to run routes (e.g different releases, nuance at the top of routes)? A lot easier to coach...

And for what's been said about Lambs weight, he's extremely physical AT that weight. What happens when he puts on MORE weight?

Devante Parker lite is a poor comparison at best.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If we are throwing out NFL comparisons let's throw some out for Jeudy and Ruggs.  If Lamb is Parker light like you claim then picking "Parker lite" at 12 is absolutely terrible value. 

Physically Jeudy is Cooper.  His mental approach will be key.  Ruggs I have no clue.  A faster and better route runner than Ted Ginn Jr.  My question for him is can he be a #1 or will he always be a complimentary WR.  Lamb I think might take a little while to produce but is capable of becoming a top ten WR.  In fact all 3 have high ceilings but all could bust.  Parker did not play well before this year but turned it on this year.  He was a top prospect and drafted 14 overall.  If Lamb can play by year 2 or 3 the way Parker played this past year he is worth the #12 pick.  Especially the last 8 games of the year.  He worked Gilmore in the final game.

49 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Ruggs is AB Jeudy is Amari Cooper which one you want?

39 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Click on the thread. Twitter didn't embed it properly.

Saying a comeback is "easy" is ignorant of what some of these routes show in terms of potential skillset.

Can he stop and start quickly and efficiently? Yes. Can he threaten a corner vertically? Yes. And his nearly identical 10 yard split to Jeudys (.01 off) shows that clearly. If you can do those two things, it shows you have the run most NFL level routes with some exceptions (e.g. blaze out).

The reason he didn't run more elaborate routes is because he wasn't asked to do so at Oklahoma. Let's not act like he's incapable in terms of mental/physical ability from becoming even better as a route runner.

I still don't see where anyone is "overrating" Lamb as a route runner. No one has compared him to Jeudy as a route runner. Jeudy is definitely better at it. He's also not as physical/strong, has worse hands, more drops, not as good in contested catch situations, etc.

I see some of Jeudy's flaws as less coachable. How do you coach someone to outmuscle DB's and destroy them in the run game? How do you coach them to make circus catches?

Can you teach new route concepts that he hasn't seen and have him make refinements in his ability to run routes (e.g different releases, nuance at the top of routes)? A lot easier to coach...

And for what's been said about Lambs weight, he's extremely physical AT that weight. What happens when he puts on MORE weight?

I agree with a lot of what your saying..

-i also still stand by a comeback route for a very good college wr playing against man coverage is relatively easy route..these are not nfl cb’s

- I meant articles I’ve read and nfl network. Not anyone specifically I see on here overrating his route running

-Devante Parker of this year was great. I didn’t think of that comparison, but I thought it was a very good one. Parker with better hands. 

And I think your spot on about him being able to improve. Definitely. I want Lamb. I just have a couple small concerns. And as you said Jeudy’s flaws are less coachable. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Not saying you are wrong but how.  I watched Lamb against top talent in college and Parker against top talent and I saw very similar WRs in the passing game.  Watch Parker vs Gilmore and Lamb vs LSU.  There are some differences but I see a lot of comparable skills.