2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

10 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Warming up the forum to it. A week, and especially 2+ weeks ago, everyone (most) acted like Johnson at 19 was the reach of the century if you read through this thread. When in reality, he isn’t a reach at all. These mocks are not proof of that, I just want to warm the forum up to it and show that it’s possibly becoming a consensus. 

He's a very much a reach in my eyes. He's a 2nd round grade, but like pointed out after the top 15 picks, they are scattered everywhere in rankings,

• Like 1

8 hours ago, jimkelly02 said:

No one, be invented that To be his straw men argument as a way of not defending the negative information in the Love video and instead turns the subject to Herbert being a likely bust, too.

I personally like Herbert. I've been vocal on that. I'd rank him ahead of Love. He's the best athlete of the QBs and he's smart for the position which I find important. He played with 3 different coaches, and in 4 different offense at Oregon. His skill positions were terrible this past year and the offense didn't fit his skill set. 

In a West Coast offense, getting him moving on boots, etc will play to his strengths. He needs to refine his delivery as he's not a pure passer by any means, so coaching staff will be huge for hm. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Per WalterFootball:

The Raiders really like Jalen Reagor. - Tony Pauline, Pro Football Network  Pauline notes that the Raiders are planning for a receiver-heavy draft, and that Reagor could be their target with their second pick in the opening round. It's worth noting that Pauline reported this before Reagor's combine workout.

Very nice. Reagor is growing on me by the day. I think if he had a little better qb play, his highlight reel would have been a lot longer.

Love it. If you let his combine 40 turn you off, you're missing the point. He's explosive, he's confident, versatile to play all WR spots in Gruden's offense. Also, you read about him he's going to be a great kid off the field. 

Again, you put him at Alabama/Oklahoma he'd be the talk of the draft. Instead, he played with miserable QB play at TCU. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I legit think he would have been WR1 if he didn't get hurt last season. 

While I don't deny the way one of the burners could add another dimension to the offense I just love LV as a player and person and I think he really fits the archatype of the kind of player Mayock has been drafting high. And he is a Gruden grinder to say the least.

• Like 1

Reagor is a nice talent but the kid has some really bad drops. Maybe it was due to lack of concentration or being frustrated all the time last year with the terrible QB. It’s a concern but he’s electric and plays a lot bigger than his body would suggest. 

17 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

If Henderson is there at 12 is he the pick?  CB is a premium position and an area of need for us.  From what I can see the view of the remaining Cb's is all over the place and it does appear that Okudah and Henderson are the consensus top 2 CB's in the class.   

Albert Breer

The Niners could take a left tackle if one falls to them (I’ve heard they’d like to keep Mike McGlinchey on the right side long-term), but count them with the Raiders as teams that could be in play to pull the first receiver off the board. A couple teams mentioned to me that Jon Gruden is looking for, specifically, a ‘Z’ receiver and Alabama’s Jerry Jeudy is the prototype for that (even if CeeDee Lamb’s a little more of the gritty type that Gruden likes). As for the Niners, Kyle Shanahan values speed, and has gotten a lot out of players like Taylor Gabriel and Marquise Goodwin in the past, and Bama’s Henry Ruggs would qualify as a supercharged version of that.

5 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

If Henderson is there at 12 is he the pick?  CB is a premium position and an area of need for us.  From what I can see the view of the remaining Cb's is all over the place and it does appear that Okudah and Henderson are the consensus top 2 CB's in the class.   

I can't tell you he's the pick but it shouldn't be a surprise if he is.