2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

I think that we are at a point that we can go either way. Would I like lamb yes!  But I also know I would be open minded if someone dropped a little. I think our defense is improved on paper. Both dl and lb have been upgraded. But if brown or Simmons falls in your lap you don’t blink. With that said I think we need 2 wr and 2 cb’s in the draft.or sign some one after the draft. Last year injuries hurt our secondary and wr core to where were not competitive really. There are wr in the 3rd round that can help us. Yes it would be nice to have one of lamb or Ruggs for different reasons. But if mgt thinks defense is a bigger need I support it 100 %

@big_palooka  and @BayRaider

Let's keep the discussion to football. If you want to disagree and go back and forth, I have no problem with it as long as we keep it to your football opinions. Characterizing each other as ___ is not acceptable though.

And I don't want to hear who started it or the like. 

Don't clutter up the forum before draft day please. I don't want to be handing out warnings before a fun week coming up.

37 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I wonder what false narrative will be thought of/brought up tomorrow, without me instigating a thing, because I am always on someones mind. 

You were "on my mind" because of your massive flip flop on Shenault after you literally said:

There is literally nothing special about Shenault. He’s a slower, slightly more well rounded, Cordarrelle Patterson. His speed is grossly overrated, average speed on tape at best, his elusiveness is overrated, he won’t get that in the NFL, and his playmaking ability is grossly exaggerated. 

Care to address the fact you've basically been burying Shenault all offseason. I can pull quotes for days on this. Now you're talking about trading up for him... lol.

Edited by big_palooka
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

You were "on my mind" because of your massive flip flop on Shenault after you literally said:

There is literally nothing special about Shenault. He’s a slower, slightly more well rounded, Cordarrelle Patterson. His speed is grossly overrated, average speed on tape at best, his elusiveness is overrated, he won’t get that in the NFL, and his playmaking ability is grossly exaggerated. 

Care to address the fact you've basically been burying Shenault all offseason. I can pull quotes for days on this. Now you're talking about trading up for him... lol.

You brought up Carr and made up a completely fake narrative about me not wanting a WR in the 1st Round because I “hate Carr” (so ludicrous it just seems like you need to be mentally checked, are indeed obsessed). You make a conspiracy theory about me every day. Literally, every day. It’s funny, but also super super weird.

Living. Rent. Free. 

4 hours ago, true2form said:

I'm pretty sure it's split up differently and not really based on support for Carr.

@dante9876 and I are both all in on Lamb at 12, but we were on opposing sides with Carr.  I can't speak for him, but I want Lamb no matter who our QB ends up being.

Yup unless an unrealistic option like brown or Simmons or okudah is there. Than yeah I could see passing on lamb for them. I assume lamb would had to already been drafted for one of them to drop to us though.  If we trade out at 12  and lamb is there. It better be a damn good trade. Or I'll be upset. 

Edited by dante9876
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Like I said before and I don't think people have given this enough credence. 

We have to try to be competitive with KC. How do you beat KC? 

Play defense and score points. SCORE POINTS. 

Adequate receivers won't cut it. KC has improved their secondary a lot. Renfrow even called it the best secondary that he went up against last year. Arguably their best CB, Ward is from UDFA (to everyone saying we need to solve CB in round 1, the converse of my WR argument).

We need weapons that make a DC scared. Waller is one of them. Who else? We need at least one more of them to be able to score 30+ points. Plus a talented depth receiver.

KC has Hill, Kelce, and then a ton of speed with Hardman, Watkins, and Robinson. Plus their line is good, have shifty RBs who can catch, and Mahomes and Reid. I don't think the Chiefs looked at their offense last year and said "we shouldn't add more weapons". 

"Enough" won't cut it.

I kind of feel if our entire goal was to just beat KC we should scrap the plan and draft something like:
012. Mekhi Becton, OL Louisville
019. Trade down late 1st + 2nd
Late First: Jaylon Johnson, CB Utah
Second: Jonathan Taylor, RB Wisconsin
080. Laviska Shenault, WR Colorado
081. Tyler Johnson, WR Minnesota
091. Davon Hamilton, DT Ohio State (future Jonathan Hankins replacement)
121. Dane Jackson, CB Pittsburgh
159. Davion Taylor, OLB Colorado

That would address cornerback and some development defensive depth, but the key would be a dummy strong run game to ball control drain the clock rest the defense against the Chiefs.

Imagine a subpackage of plays with Kolton Miller at TE, so it's Miller, Becton, Incognito, Hudson, Jackson, Brown
Then the backs of Josh Jacobs and Jonathan Taylor just pounding it. Would be very hard to stop something like that. Shenault is useful in a jumbo package like that with WR screens reverses and even wildcat nonsense (imagine Shenault on the Miller/Becton side and the defense sells out for run, but Becton and Miller pull out for a screen to Shenault and light up the LB and DB). Tyler Johnson would be a solid traditional WR as well and comes without the core injury Shenault is coming off him (only reason he is even a possible at 80).

I'd hate it tbh as it happened. However seeing a run game that looked like that, I'd be happy in season. We'd have legit top run game in the NFL potential.

Edited by Trojan

8 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

You brought up Carr and made up a completely fake narrative about me not wanting a WR in the 1st Round because I “hate Carr” (so ludicrous it just seems like you need to be mentally checked, are indeed obsessed). You make a conspiracy theory about me every day. Literally, every day. It’s funny, but also super super weird.

Living. Rent. Free. 

Got it draft expert...... just going to ignore that Shenault flip flop. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Got it draft expert...... just going to ignore that Shenault flip flop. 

Lol. The entire reason I even brought up Shenault/Jaylon Johnson war was to try to make amends with you. I still am not a big fan anywhere in the Top 50 picks, and not much of a fan in the slightest. I took a player you like, and tried to make amends. Swear on my grandmothers grave on that one. But, your fascination/obsession with me has gone overboard, to the point anything and everything is a problem. 

And the main trade I suggested was a trade down, not up. 12 and 81 for 21 and 53. 

It’s ok. Still Rent Free. 

Think I should start charging you to be honest though. Hmmm, $1200? Hey, what a coincidence, the number of receiving yards your boy Shenault will never see in a season!  

Not a draft expert. However, at least I have eyes B|

6 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Agree but also for a rookie that’s pretty impressive and what you should do vs “lesser” comp. I’m all about technique he uses his hands and long arms very well. Slaps, rips, bends, bullrush, staying home on sweeps strait textbook imo

I think it’s impressive as well.  I’m not taking away from Crosby... I absolutely adore him.

but who he got the sacks vs is important to discuss.

the guys a mix of techniques he’s just starting to bring it all together: Athleticism+size+speed+bend

the intangibles (the things in between the technique... the hustle...being in right place at right time repeatedly

10 sacks isn’t a coincidence.  He’s the full package.  Some guys are just more then a Sum of their parts

• Like 3

1 hour ago, BayRaider said:

I wonder what false narrative will be thought of/brought up tomorrow, without me instigating a thing, because I am always on someones mind. 

Umm you keep saying that plus that your “the victim” but when i posted a video on JordanLove with no mention of you, you came up with a crazy story in your head it was an attack on you.  I tried to quell the idea that it was a subliminal attack on you specifically by outright denying it 2x.... you still kept going with your conspiracy theory on how I post 2-3x a day Anti-Love rhetoric.  You even once again forgot the search button exists and we can see what you said in the past when you denied ever advocating to draft him.

doesnt take a stat major here to see the pattern.  Always the victim, never guilty, always right and innocent.

funny thing is the pattern repeats itself with so many people on this forum and others.  Many different people all being with the same problems with you, and only you never anyone else.

its real strange.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

Umm you keep saying that plus that your “the victim” but when i posted a video on JordanLove with no mention of you, you came up with a crazy story in your head it was an attack on you.  I tried to quell the idea that it was a subliminal attack on you specifically by outright denying it 2x.... you still kept going with your conspiracy theory on how I post 2-3x a day Anti-Love rhetoric.  You even once again forgot the search button exists and we can see what you said in the past when you denied ever advocating to draft him.

doesnt take a stat major here to see the pattern.  Always the victim, never guilty, always right and innocent.

funny thing is the pattern repeats itself with so many people on this forum and others.  Many different people all being with the same problems with you, and only you never anyone else.

its real strange.

Maybe because you PM me and troll a Jordan Love Hate-Post on a consistent basis? Even though I rarely reply to you. Lmao. The Jordan Love hate posts you make in here are definitely a troll-job on me 100%. 

You and BP are over the top ridiculous in making me look like the bad guy here. It’s cool though. At least I live a healthy life not obsessing over people.

Edited by BayRaider