2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

so was steve smith.lol  very similar build. he has things to improve no doubt but speed , hands and yac are already there. to me he`s the best of the later round "speed guys" too many of the others have problems he doesn't (catching, physicality etc.) he had awesome production with a decent qb and receiver opposite him. I cant even tell you who was opposite of lamb or mims.lol but I know who was opposite him on the horns.lol  he could be gone, I agree. h*ll our first pick in that 3rd is still a ways down. im hoping overall depth keeps him available (Claypool, t Johnson, Edwards,dpj, v Jefferson...some of those guys) he`s kinda on the 4th tier edge.lol 

tier 1 (lamb, jeudy,ruggs)

tier 2(mims ,Jefferson,reagor, hamler,higgins,shenault,aiyuk)

tier 3 (Claypool,pittman,dpj,t Johnson, v Jefferson,c Johnson,AGG)

just a quick rough tier setup, but fairly close imo.

26 minutes ago, Devilshark69 said:

so was steve smith.lol  very similar build. he has things to improve no doubt but speed , hands and yac are already there. to me he`s the best of the later round "speed guys" too many of the others have problems he doesn't (catching, physicality etc.) he had awesome production with a decent qb and receiver opposite him. I cant even tell you who was opposite of lamb or mims.lol but I know who was opposite him on the horns.lol  he could be gone, I agree. h*ll our first pick in that 3rd is still a ways down. im hoping overall depth keeps him available (Claypool, t Johnson, Edwards,dpj, v Jefferson...some of those guys) he`s kinda on the 4th tier edge.lol 

tier 1 (lamb, jeudy,ruggs)

tier 2(mims ,Jefferson,reagor, hamler,higgins,shenault,aiyuk)

tier 3 (Claypool,pittman,dpj,t Johnson, v Jefferson,c Johnson,AGG)

just a quick rough tier setup, but fairly close imo.

is AGG worth looking into as a third round option -- like legit starter competition for us in the third? Or more a developmental boom bust in the 4/5 range? I'm not really a fan of Bryan Edwards too much, I liked him early but he kept going down for me as I looked at more guys in the class. I noticed you mentioned Edwards in the paragraph section as being in the tier then didn't include him and that's kinda my feel too. I like Claypool a lot and clear top pick of tier 3, I like him more than Hamler as well. I think Hamler to top of tier 3, and Claypool towards the back third of tier two. Then Pittman and Tyler Johnson as 2/3 of tier three, followed by DPJ upside and Van Jefferson route running refinement ready right now type. I haven't watched Golden Gandy at all.

Edited by Trojan

26 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Gotta consider the programs/roster also

But this stat doesn't measure anything other than when they missed a guy that was open.  Not even if he caught it.  SImply: Guy was open, QB missed him.  

Seems like a real nice point of data for accuracy.

The nicest number there is Hurts. That's a surprise.

• Like 1

he had production (albeit at lower level of comp) he has size and hands. it all depends on what people are looking for as well (we`re looking for different types cuz we have a decent wr need.lol) to me production is production most of the time . however doss is a perfect example. he had production but right now looks like a little seasoning is necessary. bottom line agg is definitely getting looked at from the mid 3rd on imo.

10 minutes ago, massraider said:

But this stat doesn't measure anything other than when they missed a guy that was open.  Not even if he caught it.  SImply: Guy was open, QB missed him.  

Curious what the #’s would be for 2018 season for the current prospects

1 hour ago, raidr4life said:

Duvernay could be gone too, but I question his impact in the pro's, he built like a running back.

So the assumption is that Ruggs, Reagor, Mims, Higgins, Hamler are all gone by the 3rd round? As well as Lamb, Jeudy, Jefferson, Pittman, Shenault, Aiyuk, and probably Claypool? 

Duvernay
Watkins
Mooney
Bowden
Gibson
Watkins
Hightower

And I left off a half dozen other WRs under 4.50.  

I mean, come on. There's tons of speed in this draft.  There is only one Ruggs for pure speed, and if Caplan is saying there's no WR1 types with speed after round 2, OK.  He might be wrong, but OK.  But there are several WRs who are going to be vible deep threats in the league. 

I believe the offense is more viable with a Lamb, Jeudy, or Jefferson across from Tyrell.  We need guys that get open right away, and Carr can hit them within 10 yards, and they make something happen. Carr isn't throwing bombs all day long, it's not his game. 

Edited by massraider
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, massraider said:

I disagree. 3 issues came to mind when I saw this:

-How they determined "uncatchable." Any logical defenition would likely account for a more skilled receiving corp.

-Similarly, how they define "open" and what percentage of these instances make up the QBs overall pass attempts. And again WR quality would play a roll.

-Is pressure factored in? Are these only throws with protection or regardless of whether the QB is under duress. Again supporting cast factors in. Context matters.

Just to be clear, Im not defending/supporting any of the QBs referenced. Mostly I have a dislike for PFF that flares up time to time

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

I disagree. 3 issues came to mind when I saw this:

-How they determined "uncatchable." Any logical defenition would likely account for a more skilled receiving corp.

-Similarly, how they define "open" and what percentage of these instances make up the QBs overall pass attempts. And again WR quality would play a roll.

-Is pressure factored in? Are these only throws with protection or regardless of whether the QB is under duress. Again supporting cast factors in. Context matters.

Just to be clear, Im not defending/supporting any of the QBs referenced. Mostly I have a dislike for PFF that flares up time to time

Right, and I'm not a PFF groupie. 

It's always subjective to a point, but saying a guy missed doesn't seem so arbitrary to me.