2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 minute ago, NYRaider said:

Oklahoma's system also gave him a ton of clean windows to throw into though. 

He still had to throw an accurate ball. Which is all this is measuring, how often they missed "open" guys.  

I know of no system that makes people more accurate.  

24 minutes ago, massraider said:

So the assumption is that Ruggs, Reagor, Mims, Higgins, Hamler are all gone by the 3rd round? As well as Lamb, Jeudy, Jefferson, Pittman, Shenault, Aiyuk, and probably Claypool? 

Duvernay
Watkins
Mooney
Bowden
Gibson
Watkins
Hightower

And I left off a half dozen other WRs under 4.50.  

I mean, come on. There's tons of speed in this draft.  There is only one Ruggs for pure speed, and if Caplan is saying there's no WR1 types with speed after round 2, OK.  He might be wrong, but OK.  But there are several WRs who are going to be vible deep threats in the league. 

I believe the offense is more viable with a Lamb, Jeudy, or Jefferson across from Tyrell.  We need guys that get open right away, and Carr can hit them within 10 yards, and they make something happen. Carr isn't throwing bombs all day long, it's not his game. 

And the reality is atleast half are not starters and won't be more than special teams guy's.

4 minutes ago, massraider said:

Right, and I'm not a PFF groupie. 

It's always subjective to a point, but saying a guy missed doesn't seem so arbitrary to me. 

idk who you are, but I like the default picture. I don't PFF brainwash me either! 

Edited by Humble_Beast

Just now, raidr4life said:

And the reality is atleast half are not starters and won't be more than special teams guy's.

That's true. But that's true in every other draft class that doesn't have an all-time deep class.  And yet somehow, deep threats emerge from the later rounds. 

If someone says you better get a LB in the top 40, or get really lucky, I cannot argue.  There's like three LB people like.

There are going to be WRs in the 5th people cannot believe fell that far. 20 WRs are not going in the top 2 rounds. 

12 minutes ago, massraider said:

That's true. But that's true in every other draft class that doesn't have an all-time deep class.  And yet somehow, deep threats emerge from the later rounds. 

If someone says you better get a LB in the top 40, or get really lucky, I cannot argue.  There's like three LB people like.

There are going to be WRs in the 5th people cannot believe fell that far. 20 WRs are not going in the top 2 rounds. 

4.27 Henry Ruggs III WR

Alabama

2. 4.29 Javelin Guidry DB Utah
3. 4.35 Quez Watkins WR So. Miss
4. 4.37 L'Jarius Sneed DB Lousiana Tech
T-5. 4.38 Darnell Mooney WR Tulane
T-5. 4.38 Denzel Mims WR Baylor
T-7. 4.39 Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson
T-7. 4.39 Antonio Gibson WR Memphis
T-7. 4.39 Devin Duvernay WR Texas
T-7. 4.39 Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin
T-11. 4.41 Darrynton Evans RB App. State
T-11. 4.41 Tanner Muse DB Clemson
T-13. 4.42 Chase Claypool WR Notre Dame
T-13. 4.42 Raymond Calais RB Louisiana Lafayette
T-15. 4.43 Justin Jefferson WR LSU
T-15. 4.43 John Hightower WR Boise State
17. 4.44 Anthony McFarland Jr. RB Maryland
T-18. 4.45 Isaiah Coulter WR Rhode Island
T-18. 4.45 Jerry Jeudy WR

Alabama

T-18. 4.45 Jeff Thomas WR

Miami

Edited by raidr4life

15 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

4.27 Henry Ruggs III WR

Alabama

2. 4.29 Javelin Guidry DB Utah
3. 4.35 Quez Watkins WR So. Miss
4. 4.37 L'Jarius Sneed DB Lousiana Tech
T-5. 4.38 Darnell Mooney WR Tulane
T-5. 4.38 Denzel Mims WR Baylor
T-7. 4.39 Isaiah Simmons LB Clemson
T-7. 4.39 Antonio Gibson WR Memphis
T-7. 4.39 Devin Duvernay WR Texas
T-7. 4.39 Jonathan Taylor RB Wisconsin
T-11. 4.41 Darrynton Evans RB App. State
T-11. 4.41 Tanner Muse DB Clemson
T-13. 4.42 Chase Claypool WR Notre Dame
T-13. 4.42 Raymond Calais RB Louisiana Lafayette
T-15. 4.43 Justin Jefferson WR LSU
T-15. 4.43 John Hightower WR Boise State
17. 4.44 Anthony McFarland Jr. RB Maryland
T-18. 4.45 Isaiah Coulter WR Rhode Island
T-18. 4.45 Jerry Jeudy WR

Alabama

T-18. 4.45 Jeff Thomas WR

Miami

We are talking about speed guys. Here are the fastest guys at the combine I'll even throw in Reagor and his 4.47, not many WR's of note most of them are just guys', if you want one of the guy's with an actual decent draft grade that's only 3 or 4 guy's. Can you get lucky later sure you can, but I wouldn't count on it, again if a legit speed guy that can start is what we want.. Can their be guys there in the 5th round sure, but it won't be one of the top speed guys.

Edited by raidr4life

5 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

We are talking about speed guys. Here are the fastest guys at the combine I'll even throw in Reagor and his 4.47, not many WR's of note most of them are just guys', if you want one of the guy's with an actual decent draft grade that's only 3 or 4 guy's. Can you get lucky later sure you can, but I wouldn't count on it, again if a legit speed guy that can start is what we want.. 

I'm no even sure we are disagreeing. 

If you're saying we gotta get a Ruggs/Jeudy/Jefferson/Lamb, then I'm in.

If you are saying we gotta take Ruggs over Jeudy because speed, we disagree. 

No big deal, I like Ruggs quite a bit.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, massraider said:

He still had to throw an accurate ball. Which is all this is measuring, how often they missed "open" guys.  

I know of no system that makes people more accurate.  

Oklahoma's offense created a ton of open looks. An open guy in OU's system might be 5 yards over the middle while an open guy in Oregon's system might be on a deep route 20+ yards down the field. 

So what are the chances Tua falls due to injury concerns, and at what point does reward outweigh risk?

#12? #19?

I say he falls out of top 10 as QB needy teams select healthy options.

I'd consider taking him at 19. At 12 I've become too fixated on drafting Lamb. 

1 hour ago, massraider said:

Right, and I'm not a PFF groupie. 

It's always subjective to a point, but saying a guy missed doesn't seem so arbitrary to me. 

It's not that it is arbitrary. But in any proper statistical analysis you have to define terms and provide context. Otherwise you can just cherry pick data and manufacture conclusions.

26 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

So what are the chances Tua falls due to injury concerns, and at what point does reward outweigh risk?

#12? #19?

I say he falls out of top 10 as QB needy teams select healthy options.

I'd consider taking him at 19. At 12 I've become too fixated on drafting Lamb. 

If Tua falls to 12 no way we take him but I would be all for trading back and backing in a Brinks truck full of picks.  

• Like 1