2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Everyone always talks about moving down in the draft, and I am right on board with that. However what about moving up in a scenario where we get Lamb/Jeudy at #12 and then leapfrog the Broncos and nab Ruggs at #14? Fun idea to ponder but can't see Mayock parting with more draft picks.

5 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Mayock leaving NFLN still messing people up.

I’m not too sure if it’s that. Covid-19 has completely derailed how the NFL conducts their draft process. They can’t bring players in for workouts and they can’t see guys live. No one is working in the same buildings. They can’t really have their PIs vet guys discreetly. It’s completely different. 

Just now, Chali21 said:

I’m not too sure if it’s that. Covid-19 has completely derailed how the NFL conducts their draft process. They can’t bring players in for workouts and they can’t see guys live. No one is working in the same buildings. They can’t really have their PIs vet guys discreetly. It’s completely different. 

I was making a joke. ;)

1 minute ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Everyone always talks about moving down in the draft, and I am right on board with that. However what about moving up in a scenario where we get Lamb/Jeudy at #12 and then leapfrog the Broncos and nab Ruggs at #14? Fun idea to ponder but can't see Mayock parting with more draft picks.

I'm down to move up to get Simmons. I'd even use a 1st from 2021 or 2022 along with #12. I think he is gonna that kind of impact player that never has to come off the field. But to double dip in the first on WR isn't worth it imo because of the depth of the position class.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I wouldn’t personally want to draft 2 WRs in the first when there are other holes on this team at CB. 

I've pretty much done a 180 with Henderson and he is my favorite a week out at 12. He really is a maestro in man coverage. What makes him exceptional in coverage, even against Okudah, is his ability to click and close and his recover speed once a receiver makes his break.

I still rather have Okudah, but watching both more has closed the gap. Henderson's tackling is less of an issue for me than his overall competitiveness in the run game--he simply doesn't put himself in positions to be a difference-maker there.

Right now, I'd be happiest (without any trades) with Henderson at 12 and Mims at 19.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Draftnetwork, and NFL.com are my go to draft sites. Has draft network always been around? I don't remember but it's amazing

I think they started last year. It’s people from a few older sites. I think it grew out of the Locked On Network, but brought in other people. I like them pretty well. PFF draft is my go to along with Draft Network. Both have their fair share of misses, but all draftniks do. 

2 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Draftnetwork, and NFL.com are my go to draft sites. Has draft network always been around? I don't remember but it's amazing

TDN is new.

Main dude is Kyle Crabbs, who came out of nowhere a few years ago with NDT Scouting (I think it was called).  

He had some very different takes, I always liked reading his rankings. Waaay too many of these guys suddenly manage to change their rankings after someone else in the herd does, or worse, when rumors of a player moving up encourages them to "go back and look at the tape". Oy.......

The other guys on the site were all established beforehand, Marino and Solak etc., and they started the site 2017, I think.  It's great.

• Like 1

PFF Mock draft simulator has one very cool feature:

At your pick, the simulator lets you know who is willing to trade up, you cannot just trade down with anyone. Much more realistic and I love it.

I used to have fun with FanDuel, but at some point, you realize you probably won't be able to wind up with 3 2nd rounders, and 5 3rd rounders.  xD

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, massraider said:

PFF Mock draft simulator has one very cool feature:

At your pick, the simulator lets you know who is willing to trade up, you cannot just trade down with anyone. Much more realistic and I love it.

I used to have fun with FanDuel, but at some point, you realize you probably won't be able to wind up with 3 2nd rounders, and 5 3rd rounders.  xD

I like that feature for the pff one too. It does seem that the trade options dwindle once you get into the third though. Definitely more realistic trading than First-Pick, where if you move back three spots in the middle of the first, you can net a second and a third.