2020 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

Seeing how large this thread is maybe next year we have a offensive a prospect and defensive prospect thread or even break it up further into Qb/RB-FB ; TE/WE ; OL ; DL ; LB ; DB or something and keep an overall draft thread as well.  Like how the Draft forum has individual threads but not as many.

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

The fact that your even implying that Tua is close to the QB that Mahomes tells me a lot SMH

Tua is a great QB Prospect and makes the Chargers a Super Bowl contender with their already very-impressive roster. I am not comparing him to Mahomes, although if I remember correctly, you also were low on Mahomes. 

Just now, BayRaider said:

Tua is a great QB Prospect and makes the Chargers a Super Bowl contender with their already very-impressive roster. I am not comparing him to Mahomes, although if I remember correctly, you also were low on Mahomes. 

disagree on Chargers being SB contenders with Tua. That Oline needs serious work, like 4 starters serious.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly.  I've asked what Tua does that makes him a top 3 elite QB prospect....  Crickets

Above average arm strength, elite accuracy, quick delivery, good decision making, above average athleticism. 

Just now, Trojan said:

disagree on Chargers being SB contenders with Tua. That Oline needs serious work, like 4 starters serious.

They just need a LT. They traded for Turner, have Pouncey, and signed Bulgua at RT who is an above-average RT. 

1 minute ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I hope he ends up in Miami so we can all see how much of an elite talent he really is.  

I’d rather he goes to SD.  If he fails it’s more beneficial to us.  Only thing is it’s harder to fail off talent issues there with such good WR+TE+RB’s.  The OL play vs at Bama would be a shell shock though.  I think SD is the best spot for him to succeed.  I’d still be happy if he went there cuz it’d prolly cost SD a 2nd + to trade up for him and I’d be okay banking on him being hurt often.

7 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Super Bowl contender, give me a break and yes you were implying that Tua/Mahomes are int he same universe as QB's which is flat out laughable.  

Explain to me what makes Tua this elite QB prospect? 

I have never been low on Mahomes, am I ready to slap a yellow jacket on him, no I am not but he is one of the top young guns in the NFL.  Time will tell if he is truly a HOF talent but so far he is one of the best in the game.  I think you're confusing Mahomes and Jackson.  I do not think Lamar Jackson will be a good long term QB and the second he loses a 1/2 a step he will show his true colors which is a below average passer. 

Edited by Frankie2Gunz

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Exactly.  I've asked what Tua does that makes him a top 3 elite QB prospect....  Crickets

Well he is rather accurate when his insanely talented OL gives him all day to throw and his insanely fast + talented WRs plus TEs get amble separation.  

Im not trying to restart a Carr debate at all!!! But I do think that those who would want Tua to replace Carr would be saying the same things Pro-Carr posters have been saying for years:  we just need to get him a good OL and weapons and he’ll succeed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

And if Mullen gets injured as it stands, our season is toast.

Not if Johnson develops, Lawson takes a step up, we draft a corner from the lower 1st to the 3rd rd range and we sign a vet after the draft like Worley.

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

You can add another LB with some coverage skills and/or another safety later in the draft with guys like Logan Wilson, Akeem Davis-Gaither, Terrell Burgess, Ashtyn Davis, etc. You can't give up two first round picks to move up and get a player because guys you already have that offer his skillset might get hurt. If you take a CB with legit #1 CB potential to pair with Mullen you improve the defense by a wide margin, IMO. 

You don't really need a prototype player like him though when you're adding guys like Littleton and Abram to the back 7 already.

I disagree. We can add a prototype guy and still get a good starting corner in the lower half of the 1st or 2nd with a trade down. It can go either way and those other guys you mentions don't even get close to smelling Simmons shorts but the gap between Okudah and Henderson, Diggs, Johnson, Terrell Gladney isn't nearly as large.

Just now, BayRaider said:

They just need a LT. They traded for Turner, have Pouncey, and signed Bulgua at RT who is an above-average RT. 

wasn't Pouncey being hurt a major issue for them last year? and it's not like that was a freak occurrence for him he played 5 games last year and 5 in 2016. Then Bulaga averages like 3/4 a season.

They need like 4 guys. Maybe LT could be the only starter starter, but they need at least another back up tackle worth spot starting and another guard for depth (unless Lamp finally turned into something) and then a center worth taking over if Pouncey misses 10+ games again. TO SB contender though I'd think they need at least LT, and a guard (then Feeny becomes the solid reserve guard) as starters and then still need RT and C back ups.

5 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Above average arm strength, elite accuracy, quick delivery, good decision making, above average athleticism. 

In other words he is accurate on short passes, has average arm strength, a 13 on the wonderlic and questionable decision making from what I have read, above average athleticism, played on a semi pro team making the game easy for him and has major injury concerns.  That screams elite, top 3 prospect to you?  Yikes...

I can see it now if he ends up on Miami and busts...  Injuries hampers his career blah, blah....