Official 2020 OT/IOL Thread

CalhounLambeau

1 minute ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think the RT/LT thing is a complete sham. If you can do it on the right side, you can do it on the left. I've never believed in the theory that RT's can't play LT and vice versa.

The only time I see that as being true is if someone lacks the athleticism and technique to match the better blind side speed rushers or was playing next to a TE that helped them all the time.

TE's/H-Backs played next to Leatherwood most of the time, not Wills. Wills was the island man for them because of Tua's lefthandedness.

To this point. Andrew Thomas was a great RT before he was a great LT, and he has worse feet than Wills does. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

I think the RT/LT thing is a complete sham. If you can do it on the right side, you can do it on the left. I've never believed in the theory that RT's can't play LT and vice versa.

The only time I see that as being true is if someone lacks the athleticism and technique to match the better blind side speed rushers or was playing next to a TE that helped them all the time.

TE's/H-Backs played next to Leatherwood most of the time, not Wills. Wills was the island man for them because of Tua's lefthandedness.

It's not, if your counter balance is off and you are having to process things differently to which you're not accustomed too it can be like night and day. Though the gap has has closed within the last 10 years with the emergence of the spread offenses. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, BleedTheClock said:

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, BrownLeader said:

How long do you think it would take you to effectively and comfortably wipe your butt with your left hand? lol 

If anything that tells me he sees it as a relatively easy task that requires recalibrating your motor memory...

Also, even if we do assume Wirfs meant that as "very difficult", that's more of an indictment on Wirfs than anything...

• Like 1

On 4/24/2020 at 5:41 PM, SaveOurSonics said:

How long do you think it would take you to effectively and comfortably wipe your butt with your left hand? lol 

If anything that tells me he sees it as a relatively easy task that requires recalibrating your motor memory...

Also, even if we do assume Wirfs meant that as "very difficult", that's more of an indictment on Wirfs than anything...

I legitimately tried this and I feel disgusted, confused, and betrayed

• Like 5