Eagles Extend Carson Wentz

chiefs82

Just now, Matts4313 said:

He was statistically tied with Wentz their last 11 games. 

He was better than Wentz their first ~20-25 games. 

Do you need me to post the stats, again? 

He was better than Wentz for his first 16 games. Do you need me to reiterate that Rookie seasons mean next to nothing for QBs, again?

2 minutes ago, ACO said:
3 minutes ago, Danger said:

Not as much as Carson.

If that happens then that is a win for the Cowboys. 

Agreed. I was really hoping we signed Dak first. Because anything less than Carson would have been good for us. But now I think we are going to mirror that contract (like the Dez/DT/Julio a few years back).

That sucks for us. 

Just now, Danger said:

He was better than Wentz for his first 16 games. Do you need me to reiterate that Rookie seasons mean next to nothing for QBs, again?

No, its exactly as I said. Dak was better the first 20-25 games. And they were tied the last 11. Dak has been >/= Wentz in 30+ out of the the 48 available games. Wentz has played 40 of them. 

Just now, Matts4313 said:

No, its exactly as I said. Dak was better the first 20-25 games. And they were tied the last 11. Dak has been >/= Wentz in 30+ out of the the 48 available games. Wentz has played 40 of them. 

No, he wasn't lmfao.

Dak played better in his last 8-9 games, but you LOVE to ignore that Dak wasn't bottom 5 in the league for an entire season's stretch less than a year ago. You can cherry pick your statistics all you want, it doesn't make you right. You're comparing cherry picked stats to natural progression.

The only knock on Carson you can legitimately have is his durability concerns. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Danger said:

It's an L for the Cowboys that he'll be making more than $28 million per. Dak is going to get an AAV around $29-31M

Dak was always going to make $28 - $30M. That is just the market. It is what it is. And frankly no matter what you think of Dak, his resume says he earned it. I agree that Wentz is a better QB but I need to see a full season from him because that is a lot of money for a man who has yet to play a full season.

• Like 3

Just now, ACO said:

Dak was always going to make $28 - $30M. That is just the market. It is what it is. And frankly no matter what you think of Dak, his resume says he earned it. I agree that Wentz is a better QB but I need to see a full season from him because that is a lot of money for a man who has yet to play a full season.

Overall he's making 2 Million more per year at this point than I think he was going to get otherwise. Throw in the fact that Dak is completely at the whim of the talent around him then I think he's being pretty overpaid at this rate.