Best 2019 Offense and Defense

dll2000

Top 5 offenses (my team excluded... would hate to establish rep as homer)..... dont quote me with "too late on that front" bullies.

1. Texans

2. Browns

3. Rams

4. Falcons

5. Bucs

Dark horse: Cardinals

Top 5 defenses.

1. 49ers

2. Titans

3. Bears

4. Redskins

5. Bills

Dark Horse: Dolphins

Edited by Bearerofnews
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Buckweath said:

The Colts offense will definitly be a top 10 unit and  possibly top 5.

They have a great QB, a great Oline and are pretty good at the receiving positions.

I'm just thinking how they got basically completely shutdown by the Chiefs in the playoffs. 

All in all, I think they can be a good to very good offense but very unlikely the top offense in the league.

I can see top 10, but it's hard to see top 5, the weapons just aren't there for me. 

4 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Top 5 offenses (my team excluded... would hate to establish rep as homer)..... dont quote me with "too late on that front" bullies.

1. Texans

2. Browns

3. Rams

4. Falcons

5. Bucs

Dark horse: Cardinals

Top 5 defenses.

1. 49ers

2. Titans

3. Bears

4. Redskins

5. Bills

Dark Horse: Dolphins

Texans?  that’s definitely a head scratcher lol.

10 hours ago, Bearerofnews said:

Chargers LBs have potential to be a top 10 LB corp. If Thomas Davis still has it, Perryman can finally play a full 16 gane season. If Kyzir White can continue his early play last year before being out for the season with injury. He only played 3 games... but was on an early pace to be with Darius and LVE. Nwosu also showed some great strides and was deterimental in a couple of wins to as a rookie.

I think people sleep on CHARGERS LB corp, because all of them were basically hurt last year mid point or so mark.  I think that unit will be as good as the secondary and dline. Plus they drafted Tranquill and Egbule. Tranquill has an immediate shot at being an impact player. Egbule at best good depth.

As for DT, yeah alot of it depends on if Tillery is as good as some say he is or not. If he is avg, DT will be a big hole. If he is great, that DLINE will have to be as good as any. As it stands, proven DTs on the Chargers leave alot to be desired as starters.... but would be good depth and rotational players. Their 7th round DT can also be a big contributor in Cortez. But banking on 7th rounders is a crap shoot. 

I think Chargers did well on paper in the draft, FA and just by proxy of getting healthy to address the 2 defensive "weaknesses" LB and DT. Im not sure how much of a weakness LB really was, beside everyone being injured. Barring injuries, Chargers should have a top 2 or top 3 defense by season end of 2019.

Thanks for the insight, I don’t/can’t always keep up with teams’ players - especially when they’re injured and young. 

Still, even with the potential at LB and (less so, IYAM) the interior, I’m hesitant to put them near the Bears presently and on paper. Even though I liked Tillery, he has a ways to go before he’s Hicks. Similarly, I’d be hard pressed to currently put Perryman/the potential of younger guys over a progressing Roquan Smith, proven Danny Trevathan, and solid depth guy in Kwiatkoski. 

Again, talent doesn’t translate to product. The 2019 rankings, statistics, and product will not necessarily be representative of the talent the teams have at this point in the offseason. But the Bears have playmakers at all three levels and are covered just about everywhere with solid pieces at worst.

I don't see the Chiefs or Bears repeating their performances (few teams do when they have a season that good).

Offense - Colts - OL and QB were already great. RB needs to develop, which I'm projecting for Mack. Funchess is the type of WR that goes to an already good offense and becomes a good player. Loved the Parris Campbell pick too.

Defense - it'll be a team that plays in LA - Chargers defense was already progressing to that point - I think the Rams will be MUCH better on D as well.

On 6/14/2019 at 8:02 PM, EagleBlueDon said:

I can see top 10, but it's hard to see top 5, the weapons just aren't there for me. 

Luck with 

TY Hilton

Devin Funchess (big red-zone target for Andrew)

Parris Campbell

Deon Cain

Eric Ebron

Jack Doyle (who we were missing for majority of last season; excellent blocker)

Marlon Mack

Nyheim Hines potentially lined up on the outside doing god knows what Reich has in store for us next season.

What's hard to see?

3 hours ago, ManningGM said:

Luck with 

TY Hilton

Devin Funchess (big red-zone target for Andrew)

Parris Campbell

Deon Cain

Eric Ebron

Jack Doyle (who we were missing for majority of last season; excellent blocker)

Marlon Mack

Nyheim Hines potentially lined up on the outside doing god knows what Reich has in store for us next season.

What's hard to see?

Only player who really stands out is TY imo. Funchess hasn't done anything to merit even being Maritimes, Campbell being crowned some ROY candidate for some reason, Deon who? Ebron had like 1 good year, Doyle is prob like the 20th best TE, and gotta give me something better than Mack and Hines at RB to make up for the deficiencies at WR and TE. Luck, TY, and a good offensive line, that's about all I see. Everyone else is very replaceable imo.

18 hours ago, EagleBlueDon said:

Only player who really stands out is TY imo. Funchess hasn't done anything to merit even being Maritimes, Campbell being crowned some ROY candidate for some reason, Deon who? Ebron had like 1 good year, Doyle is prob like the 20th best TE, and gotta give me something better than Mack and Hines at RB to make up for the deficiencies at WR and TE. Luck, TY, and a good offensive line, that's about all I see. Everyone else is very replaceable imo.

I think you're shortchanging some of these players Ebron and Funchess in particular. These guys will make TY play on the field much easier as teams can't just zone in on him. I agree Deon is a question mark but has potential just got to stay healthy.

3 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

I think you're shortchanging some of these players Ebron and Funchess in particular. These guys will make TY play on the field much easier as teams can't just zone in on him. I agree Deon is a question mark but has potential just got to stay healthy.

I could see them as like the #8 offense, but #1? I just don't see the high end firepower at all.

On 6/14/2019 at 7:24 PM, Blackstar12 said:

Texans?  that’s definitely a head scratcher lol.

They were 11th in PPG last season with only one real offensive weapon for Deshaun Watson to work with and an OL that gave up a bazillion sacks - even a slight improvement with OL play or a full season of Will Fuller could prop that number up a bit. 

The top O in the NFL is a stretch, I'll agree - but I wouldn't be crazy to think that O could get into the top 10 discussion.

8 minutes ago, ET80 said:

They were 11th in PPG last season with only one real offensive weapon for Deshaun Watson to work with and an OL that gave up a bazillion sacks - even a slight improvement with OL play or a full season of Will Fuller could prop that number up a bit. 

The top O in the NFL is a stretch, I'll agree - but I wouldn't be crazy to think that O could get into the top 10 discussion.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans cracked top 10 but definitely if they were top 5 which he listed the Texans as.