Best 2019 Offense and Defense

dll2000

24 minutes ago, Blackstar12 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Texans cracked top 10 but definitely if they were top 5 which he listed the Texans as.

I think top 5 is achievable, if the following happens:

- Either Tytus Howard or Max Scharping prove to be immediate impact starters (not holding hope for Howard, but can see Scharping beating out Seantrell Henderson for RT and doing well as a rookie).

- Will Fuller and Keke Coutee plays a full 16 games. It's underappreciated how much Fuller's speed and rapport with Watson opens up this offense. Coutee is the ideal slot guy for the Texans and can mitigate a poor OL by getting open quickly and amassing YAC. 

- D'Onta Foreman takes the starting job from Lamar Miller. He's a more explosive runner with better size to get more out of the inside draws the Texans love to run. Foreman looked a bit rusty last season, but the early word is that he looks really good following a full off-season not recovering from injury.

- Deshaun Watson learns to take what the defense gives to him. Too many times Watson took sacks trying to make big plays downfield. If he can settle down and check it to Coutee, Miller/Foreman or one of the 25 TEs on roster, that'll save on negative plays. 

Any combination of these things could lead to a top 10 offense. Several of these things (especially Foreman and Fuller) could lead to a top 3-5 offense.

On 6/14/2019 at 11:26 AM, Buckweath said:

What? 

The Chiefs offense last year was rather comfortably better than the Rams and Saints and pretty much worlds better than any other offense in the league.

I won't even say they are a surefire pick to be again the top offense in the league but the bare minimum is that they project to be right up there with the Saints/Eagles/Rams as best offense in the league.

Arguably best QB in the league, one of the very best offensive minds in the league, best TE in the league, arguably best overall receivings corps in the league when Hill returns, good offensive line. Yeah, there is a reason that offense was the #3 offense in the history of the game in PPG just last season.

Tyreek Hill is never coming back to the Chiefs.

On 6/18/2019 at 12:42 PM, ManningGM said:

Luck with 

TY Hilton

Devin Funchess (big red-zone target for Andrew)

Parris Campbell

Deon Cain

Eric Ebron

Jack Doyle (who we were missing for majority of last season; excellent blocker)

Marlon Mack

Nyheim Hines potentially lined up on the outside doing god knows what Reich has in store for us next season.

What's hard to see?

Runningbacks and Wide Receivers outside of Hilton are pretty meh to be frank.

I just want to toss a small little nugget of info out there to put how revamped and re-energized the Eagles backfield is. Our leading rushers last season were Josh Adams and Wendell Smallwood. As of right now, neither of them is projected to make the 53 man roster and we will be keeping 4 Runningbacks.

One other thing to note, apparently Dallas Goedert has been "Unstoppable" so far in OTAs. 

Edited by Danger

Offense: Atlanta Falcons

- They have former MVP Matt Ryan at QB, Julio, Ridley, Sanu, Hooper, and Freeman. Pair that with a much better (on paper) offensive line... and that’s a recipe for a dangerous offense. I’m also not particularly expecting that division to have the strongest defenses in the league this season. Perfect storm.

Defense: Baltimore Ravens

- Bears are switching from Fangio. I think that’s going to be a bigger issue than most expect to this point.

- Ravens were 2nd best last season. While they lost Mosley and Weddle’s experience, they replace Weddle with a superior athlete and player and they replace Mosley with much more athleticism. The front 7 is therefore a net push. The back half has (when healthy) 3 lockdown outside corners in Humphrey, Smith, and Carr. The safeties are more talented and more deep. Best secondary in football. The defensive coordinator also knows how to generate pressure on the QB as well, proven by a good sack distribution on our 2018 edition.

5 hours ago, Blackstar12 said:

I'm not arguing the Colts will have #1 offense just pointing out the Colts have some decent weapons outside of just TY.

Right I know you're not arguing that, I've just seen some others argue that (not necessarily on here). Would just like to see some of these guys perform at a high level for more than 1 year before considering them some juggernaut like some are (not you) lol

A healthy Titans team should be in the top 5 on defense.  They were around there last season, and the addition of Cam Wake, Malcolm Butler having played his worst season overall in 2018, and Harold Landry and Rashaan Evans going into their second seasons will make it better on paper than it was already.  If Simmons were coming in healthy, I'd say they'd contend for the top defense, but by the time he's playing, I expect there will be some injuries.

Edited by Daniel

Defense: Bears

This defense is just stacked with talent and regadless of the talent they have on offense i think itll be this defense that gets them back into the playoffs.

Offense: Cleveland Browns

The question was, on paper. They, on paper have an ridiculously stacked offense thatll only get better when Hunt comes back.

Also... potentially without Tyreek Hill, losing some other offensive pieces. Idk how ppl consider Chiefs are a set bet.

Also..for those that say Rams...uh, did you see the SB? Hear about Gurleys knee issues? Notice CJ Anderson isnt on the team anymore? Im not saying you guys are wrong these are just some reasons you might be.

*As a Steeler fan I think we could have a really good offense but we will have to wait for Week 1 to know for sure.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Danger said:

I just want to toss a small little nugget of info out there to put how revamped and re-energized the Eagles backfield is. Our leading rushers last season were Josh Adams and Wendell Smallwood. As of right now, neither of them is projected to make the 53 man roster and we will be keeping 4 Runningbacks.

One other thing to note, apparently Dallas Goedert has been "Unstoppable" so far in OTAs. 

Balancing statements:

Rushing has low correlation to winning

Your LBs are trash, you guys cant cover any TE

I do think to start the season you guys will be an unstoppable machine. I highly doubt youll stay healthy enough to maintain it with how old you are at key spots (OL, WR, TE on offense alone)

13 hours ago, wwhickok said:

Defense: Bears

This defense is just stacked with talent and regadless of the talent they have on offense i think itll be this defense that gets them back into the playoffs.

Offense: Cleveland Browns

The question was, on paper. They, on paper have an ridiculously stacked offense thatll only get better when Hunt comes back.

Also... potentially without Tyreek Hill, losing some other offensive pieces. Idk how ppl consider Chiefs are a set bet.

Also..for those that say Rams...uh, did you see the SB? Hear about Gurleys knee issues? Notice CJ Anderson isnt on the team anymore? Im not saying you guys are wrong these are just some reasons you might be.

*As a Steeler fan I think we could have a really good offense but we will have to wait for Week 1 to know for sure.

With Tyreek Hill missing just a few games, unless injuries happen, the Chiefs are a rather safe bet to be the top offense in the league. I mean you're talking arguably the top QB in the league and definitly the best receiving corps in the league, plus Andy Reid.

Their only loss on offense is center Mitch Morse but it seems like they have an adequate replacement in Austin Reiter and then they added Mecole Hardman who is actually projected to be quite productive in his rookie season.

If Hill was to miss the whole season, which I don't think will happen, the Chiefs would be right in the mix for top offense in the league IMO but not necessarily the favorite.

I was looking at fantasy ADP and rankings and you can tell people think that Chiefs offense will be again a juggernaut.

I certainly don't think it will be as good as last year though.

Edited by Buckweath

alright, real top 5 scoring defense and offense prediction:

defense:

1) Baltimore Ravens

2) LA Chargers

3) Jacksonville Jaguars

4) Chicago Bears

5) New England Patriots

offense:

1) Atlanta Falcons

2) New Orleans Saints

3) Indianapolis Colts

4) New England Patriots

5) Kansas City Chiefs

The thought process is that Baltimore despite the losses will play a ball control offense, have an elite secondary. The Chargers have plugged more holes and were 8th last year. The Jaguars get more from their offense, the Bears will still be top 5 and the Pats were very close last year as 6th and get now in with an even stronger secondary.

Just missed: Dallas Cowboys

The thought process is that Atlanta has it clicking under Koetter like they did in 2016 with an improved OL and the best WR core in the league. The Saints still have 2 elite weapons on offense, Payton, Brees and the OL is healthy again. The Colts with a healthy Luck will be good. Patriots will be top 5 as always and the Chiefs drop off like everyone historically great offense but they will still be a force.

Just missed: Cleveland Browns

• Like 1