No off the field problems Odell or Tyreek Hill?

brownie man

Which WR would you pick to build a team?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. Which WR

• Odell
    • Tyreek

Just based off talent which one would you pick if you were starting a team?

Im honestly going with Tyreek Hill. He’s unquestionably the faster most dynamic player in the league. As great as Odell is Tyreek’s ability to take the top off any defense just opens up the field for everyone else. Plus he can catch over the middle, get YAC, and be used all over the field. 

If I didn't know who my QB was I'd definitely take OBJ. OBJ can work well in any offense but Hill's greatest strength wouldn't be realized in a lot of offenses or with a QB who didn't possess the ability to accurately throw it down the field 60 yards. Not that Hill can't run other routes or that OBJ isn't a deep threat OBJ is just more well rounded even though Hill has made strides the last couple years.

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

If I didn't know who my QB was I'd definitely take OBJ. OBJ can work well in any offense but Hill's greatest strength wouldn't be realized in a lot of offenses or with a QB who didn't possess the ability to accurately throw it down the field 60 yards. Not that Hill can't run other routes or that OBJ isn't a deep threat OBJ is just more well rounded even though Hill has made strides the last couple years.

You win! OBJ > Hill and I'm a Chiefs fan.

1 hour ago, Thomas5737 said:

While I agree with your point, Hill was special with Alex Smith, who isn't exactly known as the best deep thrower around, under center. But yeah, OBJ probably has had more production with Eli Manning than Hill would.

2 hours ago, Nightime said:

This was Hill’s first All-Pro season as a WR.

Overall, Hill has benefited from better QB play, but Eli was pretty good and better than Smith in some years

Not since Odell has been there.

This question is a hard answer. In a vacuum, Odell might be better, but for what Hill does for a teams run game, it's probably him.

45 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Not since Odell has been there.

This question is a hard answer. In a vacuum, Odell might be better, but for what Hill does for a teams run game, it's probably him.

Plus he is dangerous on returns. No durability concerns like with OBJ.

OBJ is the more versatile of the two, IMO. Hill’s clear advantage in speed is less than Odell’s advantages in other aspects. 

Including their personalities, durability, and off the field issues - changes the discussion. But based off talent alone, I’d take OBJ in a vacuum. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Yin-Yang said:

OBJ is the more versatile of the two, IMO. Hill’s clear advantage in speed is less than Odell’s advantages in other aspects. 

Including their personalities, durability, and off the field issues - changes the discussion. But based off talent alone, I’d take OBJ in a vacuum. 

It's hard though because Hill's impact goes beyond receiving. He spreads a team out and forces you to play your safeties deeper. I'd like to see Odell with Baker though. Eli isn't exactly a world beater.

4 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

It's hard though because Hill's impact goes beyond receiving. He spreads a team out and forces you to play your safeties deeper. I'd like to see Odell with Baker though. Eli isn't exactly a world beater.

Hill does do that, probably more so than any receiver since prime-Calvin Johnson. OBJ isn’t a slouch in the deep ball department, though - I think he puts a healthy amount of fear in the back end, though not as much as Hill does. 

It’ll be exciting to see what he can do with a big armed QB.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Hill does do that, probably more so than any receiver since prime-Calvin Johnson. OBJ isn’t a slouch in the deep ball department, though - I think he puts a healthy amount of fear in the back end, though not as much as Hill does. 

It’ll be exciting to see what he can do with a big armed QB.

This will be a more fair comparison after this year.

If just based off talent means we're also overlooking OBJ's injury history, I would definitely say him. At least at this point. Hill's got small advantages of OBJ in speed, acceleration, and open field skill, but OBJ is elite in all of those things in his own right. Hill has his utility as a runner and a return man, but I honestly think OBJ could probably do those things almost as effectively if he had the kind of play caller Hill does in Reid. So I think it's safe to say OBJ's refinement as a WR at this point in their career's trumps Hill's speed advantages, unless we add in durability, which makes it a tough call.