Patriots file Tampering charges against Texans for the attempted GM hire of Nick Caserio

49erurtaza

51 minutes ago, ET80 said:

Even if they win the tampering case, it's not as if that prevents Caseiro from leaving..

Definitely not. And what will happen if he gets forced to stay is that they irrevocably damage the personal relationship they have with a valued employee who may have wanted to come back at some point.

Tampering rules are stupid. Enforcing them is stupid. All of this is stupid except for the jokes.

Give the guy his goddamn promotion and be done with it.

EDIT: Upon further review, the jokes are also stupid. But less stupid than tampering rules.

Edited by ramssuperbowl99
  • Like 1

If I'm the Texans I'm gonna want to sit down with Kraft and discuss this whole thing. I would offer to drive him around, wine and dine him, and finish the night of wooing him by driving him to a massage parlor, where the cameras will be waiting......

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ET80 said:

That's fine, and like any sign - you don't have to listen. You can drive right past it. You might get a ticket and pay a fine, but you don't have to listen.

Kraft shouldn't have invited a member of another team to his house. The ring could have been mailed, that happens all the time.

I'm not saying that there wouldn't be blowback - quite the opposite, I'm firmly in belief there would be blowback.

So, people should be prevented an opportunity to take promotions because the Patriots lose people?

Well first not just the pats but any team.  And yes the first 4 out the door get their promotions and also the ones that contract ran out most certainly can.  But if the guy is under contract I think the team should have some control.  Hell, Jimmy G should have left with two years left to get a promotion to starter too I guess. 

Well there was 20 people who were on the team last year that wont be with the team next year.  It was a reward for what you have done.  But if you get invited to a guys house you don't piss on the bathroom floor either, Easterbunny most likely was the cause of the tampering charge.  

And yes once tampering charges are filed, you have to listen or it won't be a fine

6 hours ago, ramssuperbowl99 said:

Definitely not. And what will happen if he gets forced to stay is that they irrevocably damage the personal relationship they have with a valued employee who may have wanted to come back at some point.

Tampering rules are stupid. Enforcing them is stupid. All of this is stupid except for the jokes.

Give the guy his goddamn promotion and be done with it.

EDIT: Upon further review, the jokes are also stupid. But less stupid than tampering rules.

What? They told the texans no last year too. It did not destroy any relationship.  He said he was very happy in NE and enjoys working with Bill and Kraft. 

5 minutes ago, patman said:

Well first not just the pats but any team.  And yes the first 4 out the door get their promotions and also the ones that contract ran out most certainly can. 

So, it's basically first come/first serve? How is that fair to anyone in line for a promotion? 

6 minutes ago, patman said:

But if the guy is under contract I think the team should have some control. 

This example says they have ALL of the control, which isn't right.

7 minutes ago, patman said:

And yes once tampering charges are filed, you have to listen or it won't be a fine

Or, you pay the fine - which Cal isn't ready to do.

4 minutes ago, patman said:

What? They told the texans no last year too. It did not destroy any relationship.  He said he was very happy in NE and enjoys working with Bill and Kraft. 

What's he supposed to say? Do you really believe everything they say at face value? 

Lying to the media is like, 80% of the job.

13 minutes ago, ET80 said:

So, would the Patriots block Monti Ossenfort? That was the 2nd choice... you know, because Patriots or something.

Probably as they just gave him the director of college scouting job last month, after Robinson left to join the bucs.  

2 minutes ago, ET80 said:

What's he supposed to say? Do you really believe everything they say at face value? 

Lying to the media is like, 80% of the job.

There are 32 GM jobs available. Every single person in an NFL team wants that job. The Pats got the Texans to stop pursuing him on a stupid technicality.

The Pats denied him his dream job. If my boss did that crap, I'd never forgive him.

• Like 2