Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

23 hours ago, squire12 said:

Need to read back on things from today.

Dome got his man parts lopped off?  Bobbitt style?

What if it was a death note, but dome had some (protection...yes pun intended) on a first time kill attempt?

So the move on dome could be:

1.  Failed vig hit attempt, not death note

2.  Death note attempt that will cause death in "x" hours/days.

3.  Death note attempt that failed due to wrong name (or other mechanism ).

How the mechanics of 2 would work is up for debate.  Could be day invest on name/role or some other process.

Any other options that are likely? 

Why is the assumption that dome would need to be the one providing the protection on himself?

Have you seen a mafia hit mechanic where they need to know the player role /character for the hit to be successful?

Open mind, explore possibilities 

So as of now, it feels like this is going strongly off the "lore" of the source material.  though the OP says it is based on, which leaves some leeway for deviations.

If it was a day hit (vig hit), why would it fail?  How often does that type of hit fail without some protection on the person (either deathproof of some sort or another player protecting them)?

If it was a death note attempt, then the why did it fail.....and do we know that it in fact did fail?  Given the concept that others have shared that the death note can be written in the future for a time of death.

Is it possible that there are immediate death note options and future death note options?  Either by the same person/faction (holder of the death notebook) or 2 separate factions?

IF that is the case, then why did the hit attempt on Dome not kill him?  He says he did not have a deathproof.  Odds of a player protecting him is pretty low, so why would the kill not succeed?

So if the death note on Dome was a future kill set up, and he could be converted, is he not the "best" lynch option D1?   Either we lose someone that was going to die anyway or we lynch someone that could be converted?

Sorry Dome, but that is where I am leaning currently based on the info we have.

21 hours ago, squire12 said:

Could be argued that it is pro town

I think the most "logical" is that the hit was a death note with a delayed kill time.  He survives until the death note time.

So what information do we gain by seeing how the Dome castration dynamic plays itself out?

@rackcs In your view, what is the information we gain by keeping Dome alive?  What do we risk by keeping him alive and lynching someone else?

@rackcs

What is the killed failed some other way?  What are you thinking would cause that to be the case?

How will we know that it is a death note and not some other mechanism?  

Is finding out the potential that the action on Dome was a delayed death note hit worth the exchange of killing off another player that is likely town?

20 hours ago, squire12 said:

Pickle

Because of reasons!!!

2 hours ago, squire12 said:

@Nazgul  So you actually went back a page to read up?  You have been pretty adamant in past games that you never go back and read past pages.  why the change this game?

So i just read through squire.  I think these are all his game-related posts.  These stand out because he locks into one event and discusses almost nothing else the entire time.  No discussion of anyone else, no discussion of any other posts.  He just stays there.  It strikes me as scummy because he can talk about something game-related and look active, but it doesn't do town any good.  He is just speculating on what could happen or what could have happened.  

Adding on that is an auto-vote on pickle for no stated reason.

The one thing outside of this is the question to Naz which seems off.

Squire.  Discussing that one event in a speculative manner gives the impression of talking about the game without actually saying anything.  Solid scum tactic to look active D1 without talking about reads. 

36 minutes ago, pwny said:

@Matts4313 the XBox One is the most dysfunctional device I have ever owned and you should be ashamed to have pimped this as superior to the PS4. 

Matts 

What warranted this outburst of blatant stupidity? Did you hit your head on a rock?

5 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

What warranted this outburst of blatant stupidity? Did you hit your head on a rock?

What warranted it is that my XBox One is so stupid that it won’t even show a keyboard on screen or accept inputs from a physical keyboard, and I’m going to get you lynched for pretending this piece of garbage was worth anything. 

3 minutes ago, bcb1213 said:

So I haven't read since I last posted.   Anything I need to kno 

Matts was investigates as scum. Vote for him. 

1 minute ago, pwny said:

What warranted it is that my XBox One is so stupid that it won’t even show a keyboard on screen or accept inputs from a physical keyboard, and I’m going to get you lynched for pretending this piece of garbage was worth anything. 

Reset it? My onscreen keyboard works. By why TF would you use that instead of the app on your phone/tablet?

As for a keyboard, neither of them accept keyboard and mice yet, do they?

Just now, pwny said:

Matts was investigates as scum. Vote for him. 

Matts

2 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Reset it? My onscreen keyboard works. By why TF would you use that instead of the app on your phone/tablet?

As for a keyboard, neither of them accept keyboard and mice yet, do they?

Matts

Yeah, I’ve reset it. Doesn’t do anything. 

The app would be great. The problem is that you need internet access for the app to work, and if you just got a new router, that requires typing in your WiFi password - which can’t be done without a keyboard. 

And yes, it’s supposed to work. But it doesn’t because the entire console is a piece of trash. 
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/ease-of-access/mouse-keyboard

Keyboard support

Plug a USB keyboard into your Xbox for getting around the console and easy text entry.