Death Note Mafia: Mafia Wins! (Counselor, Nazgul, Swag)

Malfatron

6 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

The most logical reason he is alive, is if he has some sort of x shot deathproof which is almost always scum.

That's definitely not the most logical conclusion. At all.

5 minutes ago, TheKillerNacho said:

i dont think dome started off scum but i think he definitely could be now

How does conversion work with the flavor? It doesn't seem to make sense to me game-wise but I'll grant that I don't know the flavor that well yet.

Just now, rackcs said:

How does conversion work with the flavor? It doesn't seem to make sense to me game-wise but I'll grant that I don't know the flavor that well yet.

So what's the most logical? 

7 minutes ago, rackcs said:

When the death note kills, it can supply a cause of death; if that cause of death says soemthing like, "he will jump off the cliff on a beach" it will happen so long as it is possible. The victim will be, so to speak, under its spell until their death

Light uses this to his advantage more than once during the series, controling his victim prior to their death. So long as it is possible within the victim's psyche it will come true. If you have absolutely no desire to watch the series at any point, the following spoiler can be used:

at one point, early in the series, he uses a known at-large criminal to hijack a bus, a bus he knows will be the only bus to an amusement park, to cause a bussjacking that will cause a person tailing him to reveal their name as an FBI agent. He later uses the identity of that FBI agent, written in the Death note, to have him inadvertently write all other FBI agents active in Japan into the Death Note. ( I won't detail all the specifics here). But case and point: the Death note can control its victim before death up to almost 3 weeks

16 minutes ago, rackcs said:

I don't get this dome thing at all. We get more info imo if we wait and see if this thing kills him later, then we know if he was targeted by the Death Note or if it was something else. I think this conversion thing doesn't make a ton of sense either mafia-wise or lore-wise based on my knowledge.

So what information do we gain by seeing how the Dome castration dynamic plays itself out?

1 minute ago, squire12 said:

I think the most "logical" is that the hit was a death note with a delayed kill time.  He survives until the death note time.

That or the kill failed some other way. The truth is that I don't think we have enough info to make any sort of logical conclusions as to what happened to dome. Again, we get more info from keeping him alive.

Just now, rackcs said:

That or the kill failed some other way. The truth is that I don't think we have enough info to make any sort of logical conclusions as to what happened to dome. Again, we get more info from keeping him alive.

So you have ZERO bases for saying any thought is or is not the most logical but still did so 🤔🤔

1 minute ago, rackcs said:

@rackcs In your view, what is the information we gain by keeping Dome alive?  What do we risk by keeping him alive and lynching someone else?

9 minutes ago, Pickle Rick said:

Could be.  There is just so many unknowns with him right now.  On top of his very suspect play (imo)

There’s so many unknowns about me specifically?

and you’re sure you’re not just tunneling again?

what about my play is suspect? I mean something you aren’t just making up 

Just now, squire12 said:
2 minutes ago, rackcs said:

@rackcs In your view, what is the information we gain by keeping Dome alive?  What do we risk by keeping him alive and lynching someone else?

@rackcs

What is the killed failed some other way?  What are you thinking would cause that to be the case?

Just now, Dome said:

There’s so many unknowns about me specifically?

and you’re sure you’re not just tunneling again?

what about my play is suspect? I mean something you aren’t just making up 

You need to wait until someone flips for there to be a pickle rick connection.

1 minute ago, TheKillerNacho said:

When the death note kills, it can supply a cause of death; if that cause of death says soemthing like, "he will jump off the cliff on a beach" it will happen so long as it is possible. The victim will be, so to speak, under its spell until their death

Light uses this to his advantage more than once during the series, controling his victim prior to their death. So long as it is possible within the victim's psyche it will come true. If you have absolutely no desire to watch the series at any point, the following spoiler can be used:

Hide contents

at one point, early in the series, he uses a known at-large criminal to hijack a bus, a bus he knows will be the only bus to an amusement park, to cause a bussjacking that will cause a person tailing him to reveal their name as an FBI agent. He later uses the identity of that FBI agent, written in the Death note, to have him inadvertently write all other FBI agents active in Japan into the Death Note. ( I won't detail all the specifics here). But case and point: the Death note can control its victim before death up to almost 3 weeks

Funnily enough I just watched the episode with the bus thing. I'm not sure how that would be a conversion mechanic though? Seems more like a redirecting type thing imo. It also seems weird that it would be posted in thread if it were a conversion. I just don't buy that theory tbh.

Just now, squire12 said:

So what information do we gain by seeing how the Dome castration dynamic plays itself out?

Well for one we find out if he was killed by the Death Note. If hes supposed to be killed by the Death Note but is lynched first we still have no further clues as to how that dynamic works. I mean really we have almost zero actual info about what's happening to dome so I think its smarter to let it play out a bit first.

• Like 1