Madden 20

Cheesehawk

1 hour ago, showtime said:

I think they've said or at least led people to believe the game will run differently on the PS4 and PS5.  Also, saying they're exploiting Kobe Bryant's death is not fair to them.  Everyone was calling for them to put Kobe on the legend edition of the game after he passed away.  People have been wanting that for months.  2K's legend edition always cost $99.99. 

Only way I dont see it as exploitative is if they are donating the money to a charity or something.  Since when does 2K care what fans are calling for?   Fans called for them to stop with the gambling mechanics and baiting little kids into it...did they do it?

2K knows they are going to make a killing off it.  That may not be the ONLY reason, but it is the MAIN reason they did it.  Lets be real here.

Edited by FourThreeMafia

12 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Only way I dont see it as exploitative is if they are donating the money to a charity or something.  Since when does 2K care what fans are calling for?   Fans called for them to stop with the gambling mechanics and baiting little kids into it...did they do it?

2K knows they are going to make a killing off it.  That may not be the ONLY reason, but it is the MAIN reason they did it.  Lets be real here.

I'm a support in the 2K community and I interact with people from there everyday.  Literally, nearly EVERYONE wanted Kobe to be on the legend edition of the game.  If 2K had put someone else on the cover (lets say LeBron James, for example), they would have gotten killed by the community for not putting Kobe on the cover.  When they do what everyone wants and put Kobe on the cover, they get based by people saying they're exploiting his death.

It's a lose-lose situation for 2K and a very tough spot for them to be in.  And yeah, they could donate money to charity, but they're selling a game.  They literally do this every year.  Legend edition is $99.99.  It's always that price, no matter who's on the cover. 

It's like if Peyton Manning passed away and Madden fans were screaming for Peyton Manning to be on the Superstar edition of the game, then EA gets criticized for putting Manning on the cover of the game.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, showtime said:

I'm a support in the 2K community and I interact with people from there everyday.  Literally, nearly EVERYONE wanted Kobe to be on the legend edition of the game.  If 2K had put someone else on the cover (lets say LeBron James, for example), they would have gotten killed by the community for not putting Kobe on the cover.  When they do what everyone wants and put Kobe on the cover, they get based by people saying they're exploiting his death.

It's a lose-lose situation for 2K and a very tough spot for them to be in.  And yeah, they could donate money to charity, but they're selling a game.  They literally do this every year.  Legend edition is $99.99.  It's always that price, no matter who's on the cover. 

It's like if Peyton Manning passed away and Madden fans were screaming for Peyton Manning to be on the Superstar edition of the game, then EA gets criticized for putting Manning on the cover of the game.

Maybe if 2K wasnt notorious for being greedy scumbags, I wouldnt question their motives.

While I get what you are saying, I fully believe they are taking advantage of the tragedy to earn more money.     Yes, you may be right....maybe everyone wanted it. and in ways, maybe it was meant to be a tribute to him.

However, 2K is clearly licking their chops at how much money this will rake in.      That's basically the motto of the entire media and entertainment industry... "Never waste a good tragedy..."  

Bottom line:   I see your point, but I still believe they are more focused on the extra money this will earn them rather than actually paying tribute to Kobe.  

• Like 1

2k putting Kobe on the cover of the legends edition was obviously a business decision. But I wouldn’t classify it as greed as much as I’d just call it making the most obvious and easiest business decision possible.

I would talk about Madden but what’s the point? I mostly play MUT now (never spend money past buying the game), but only because they’ve spent a decade actively destroying franchise mode. Not making advancements would be one thing, but man, the mode is just so much worse than it was on the PS2. I’ve been trying to play it recently since they even gave up on MUT four months early this year, but it’s just so boring.

• Like 1

https://www.ea.com/games/madden-nfl/madden-nfl-21/player-ratings

rookie QB ratings out today and we finally confirm (speculation was high on this) that Justin Herbert is not liked by the Madden ratings people. His overall was lower then Jordan Love and barely higher then Jalen Hurts.

Burrow 76 

Tua 73

Love 71

Herbert 70 

Hurts 68 

Eason 63 

Fromm 62 

Cole McDonald 60 

James Morgan 60

all others below 60