Madden 20

Cheesehawk

1 hour ago, Outpost31 said:

I remember the Vick year as the ultimate year where it only went downhill from there as far as franchise mode.  Maybe give or take a year.  Coordinators, Hall of Fame, players personality mattered, so many things that I found myself playing thirty years into the future.  Now I might play three years before I lose interest.

I could see that.  The year they had the Texans expansion team, I probably made 15 teams in that mode.  The early 2000's was a great time for Madden.  

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I remember the Vick year as the ultimate year where it only went downhill from there as far as franchise mode.  Maybe give or take a year.  Coordinators, Hall of Fame, players personality mattered, so many things that I found myself playing thirty years into the future.  Now I might play three years before I lose interest.

I dont disagree for the most part, but I will say that back when they had coordinators, coaches still didnt matter much.   They mattered more than they do now, but if they are going to add coordinators, them and the coaches should be able dramatic impacts.    Coordinators should be able to improve and become hot commodities in the head coaching market.     Coaches should have impacts on every little thing...

Scouting:   Coaches should have strengths and weaknesses in scouting.    If you scout a CB and your coach has a high rating in secondary scouting, you should have a better chance of drafting quality CBs and safeies, where as if he is weak at scouting QBs, you may draft a QB who you think is the next Patrick Mahomes, but instead end up drafting JP Losman.

Player Development:   Again, if your coach is a great secondary coach, then he should have the ability to get the most out of this.     A players development traits and potential should be tied in directly to this.   If a player has superstar potential and the coach has a superstar CB development skill, then that CB should have a high chance at becoming a perennial all pro CB.   On the flipside, if a coach is weak at developing QBs, then a QB with a superstar development trait may just end up being a solid QB instead of the superstar he may have otherwise been.

Free Agent, Trading and Draft Philosphy:   A coach should dictate how aggressive a given team is in these areas.     For example, an extremely aggressive coach when it coems to trading may be willing to trade multiple firsts to fill a need.     A really conserivative coach may not be willing to trade any draft picks.      An aggressive FA coach may be willing to spend huge money in free agency.       You get it.

Player Relationships:   Coaches and players should have personality traits, some of which could conflict with each other.    This could have effects on whether a player is willing to resign with a team and for how much, if they demand a trade or if they retire.    If a coach and a player have a great relationship, the team should have  a better chance of being able to talk an aging player into playing another year.   Stuff like that.

You could add a bunch of more stuff, but you get the idea.

Coordinators could develop in these areas and become targets and become great HC candidates.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

I don’t really remember franchise mode getting bad until they did Connected Careers.  It was still good in 05-08. 

8 minutes ago, iknowcool said:

I don’t really remember franchise mode getting bad until they did Connected Careers.  It was still good in 05-08. 

It was still solid, but barely improved....at least on the PS2/XBox.

I recall some of the "next gen" (PS3 and 360) Maddens being pretty stripped down until Madden 12. 

Madden 12 was when I got extremely excited Madden was going in the right direction.   

Then, 13 introduced Connected Careers and was pretty bad overall.   Madden 25 sucked too.     Ever since then its largely been endless mediocrity with no major improvements to franchise in 8 years.   :(

4 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I dont disagree for the most part, but I will say that back when they had coordinators, coaches still didnt matter much.   They mattered more than they do now, but if they are going to add coordinators, them and the coaches should be able dramatic impacts.    Coordinators should be able to improve and become hot commodities in the head coaching market.     Coaches should have impacts on every little thing...

Scouting:   Coaches should have strengths and weaknesses in scouting.    If you scout a CB and your coach has a high rating in secondary scouting, you should have a better chance of drafting quality CBs and safeies, where as if he is weak at scouting QBs, you may draft a QB who you think is the next Patrick Mahomes, but instead end up drafting JP Losman.

Player Development:   Again, if your coach is a great secondary coach, then he should have the ability to get the most out of this.     A players development traits and potential should be tied in directly to this.   If a player has superstar potential and the coach has a superstar CB development skill, then that CB should have a high chance at becoming a perennial all pro CB.   On the flipside, if a coach is weak at developing QBs, then a QB with a superstar development trait may just end up being a solid QB instead of the superstar he may have otherwise been.

Free Agent, Trading and Draft Philosphy:   A coach should dictate how aggressive a given team is in these areas.     For example, an extremely aggressive coach when it coems to trading may be willing to trade multiple firsts to fill a need.     A really conserivative coach may not be willing to trade any draft picks.      An aggressive FA coach may be willing to spend huge money in free agency.       You get it.

Player Relationships:   Coaches and players should have personality traits, some of which could conflict with each other.    This could have effects on whether a player is willing to resign with a team and for how much, if they demand a trade or if they retire.    If a coach and a player have a great relationship, the team should have  a better chance of being able to talk an aging player into playing another year.   Stuff like that.

You could add a bunch of more stuff, but you get the idea.

Coordinators could develop in these areas and become targets and become great HC candidates.

this would be so fun if done right, also I would add relationship part with the owner/GM. like you can lose your job, even if your team wins due to personalty traits that conflict with the owner/GM and on the flip side you could land on your feet easily with a new job due to having a great relationship with a GM/owner you worked for in a past job. this kind of detail should be possible in 2020

• Like 1

8 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

It was still solid, but barely improved....at least on the PS2/XBox.

I recall some of the "next gen" (PS3 and 360) Maddens being pretty stripped down until Madden 12. 

Madden 12 was when I got extremely excited Madden was going in the right direction.   

Then, 13 introduced Connected Careers and was pretty bad overall.   Madden 25 sucked too.     Ever since then its largely been endless mediocrity with no major improvements to franchise in 8 years.   :(

Yeah connected careers killed superstar mode and franchise in one fell swoop. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

ok so I've been playing Franchise on All-Pro and not faring too great. Apparently I haven't played Madden in forever because it used to be easier. Do you guys mess with the sliders? I Tweaked mine a bit and managed to go 8-8 which is....markedly better than 4-12.

God, you really get burned if you make a pass a second too late. That baby's going for 6 the other way.

1 hour ago, Fl0nkerton said:

ok so I've been playing Franchise on All-Pro and not faring too great. Apparently I haven't played Madden in forever because it used to be easier. Do you guys mess with the sliders? I Tweaked mine a bit and managed to go 8-8 which is....markedly better than 4-12.

God, you really get burned if you make a pass a second too late. That baby's going for 6 the other way.

I got EA access to see if I wanted to get back into madden... the answer as of now is no. Franchise mode I was 1-3 on all pro. had at least 4 holding calls a game against me never against computer. No pressure what so ever even when bringing blitzes. Overall just a frustratingly stupid experience knowing they killed all the other features of franchise mode as well. So I Get online and Mahomes throws a 60 yard rope to a contested Tyreek Hill. Mahomes was getting hit high his arm never came forward... The amount of times my line just walks by a defender when they are blocking just blows my mind. 

8 minutes ago, MdTitansFan56 said:

I got EA access to see if I wanted to get back into madden... the answer as of now is no. Franchise mode I was 1-3 on all pro. had at least 4 holding calls a game against me never against computer. No pressure what so ever even when bringing blitzes. Overall just a frustratingly stupid experience knowing they killed all the other features of franchise mode as well. So I Get online and Mahomes throws a 60 yard rope to a contested Tyreek Hill. Mahomes was getting hit high his arm never came forward... The amount of times my line just walks by a defender when they are blocking just blows my mind. 

lol yeah I played my buddy twice and gave up by the 3rd Quarter. It's not super fun getting wrekt on every play for an hour

3 hours ago, Fl0nkerton said:

Scruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuub

I know franchise isn't the best, but I love 20s gameplay. For once you can actually play defense, the movement is really smooth except for the few animations that are bs and throwing feels so nice. I feel like each player is unique. Aaron Donald feels like Aaron Donald and some no name scrub feels like a no name scrub.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...