Madden 20

Cheesehawk

14 hours ago, holt_bruce81 said:

I've played in a few Madden sim leagues in the past. It can be really fun, but it's time consuming for sure. In some of them they would advance 3 times a week. And I understand you try to make the play as realistic as possible, but some of the rules these leagues had were dumb. And you always had those 2-3 guys in the league who were huge tattle tales. 

And most of their rules made a lot of sense. like...

1. Can't drop back beyond 15 yards with your QB
2. Can't run the same play more than 5 times during a game on offense. 
3. No WR or RB at TE 

And most of these leagues had very strict 4th down rules. 

Ultimately I had to quit these leagues because I just couldn't put the time in to enjoy myself. I mean you had strict advance dates and when most of the league members weren't playing a league game, they were playing online, practicing versus random opponents. Most of your league members are going to be legit. 

Yup, I remember a lot of the rules like that.  I only lasted two seasons because of how quickly they advanced.  I had more things to do than try to be home three nights a week to get a game of Madden in.  I can do that during the first month the game comes out, but then I'm done.  The competition was also pretty damn good but I would expect that out of people who played Madden exclusively.  Just like you know when you run up against someone who only plays Call of Duty or other games.  

We actually streamed the game on Twitch, and quite a few people watched them off the website- I couldn't have cared less.  I heard in one league that owners had to watch a game a week to make sure others were following the sim guidelines.

1 hour ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Yup, I remember a lot of the rules like that.  I only lasted two seasons because of how quickly they advanced.  I had more things to do than try to be home three nights a week to get a game of Madden in.  I can do that during the first month the game comes out, but then I'm done.  The competition was also pretty damn good but I would expect that out of people who played Madden exclusively.  Just like you know when you run up against someone who only plays Call of Duty or other games.  

We actually streamed the game on Twitch, and quite a few people watched them off the website- I couldn't have cared less.  I heard in one league that owners had to watch a game a week to make sure others were following the sim guidelines.

Like I dont really have the time to sit around watching other people play Madden. I remember In one of the leagues I was In, the Commish was trying to make it a rule that you had to at least write 3 game summaries per season. 

1 hour ago, showtime said:

This game is like $10 on PC.  I'm kind of intrigued by it because I've never played Madden on PC before.

Madden 08 with mods was awesome for years.    Not sure about the newer ones.

On 5/6/2020 at 12:23 PM, showtime said:

This game is like $10 on PC.  I'm kind of intrigued by it because I've never played Madden on PC before.

I have it on both PC and PS4 (Because I subscribe to Origin on PC, and EA access on PS4) and I think the game runs and feels much smoother on PS4. For some reason on PC when I'm using the PS4 controller to play the game the run mechanics just feel wonky and less responsive. Could just be my setup or something. But I use the controller on quite a few PC games with no issues. I play exclusively on the PS4 now.

You can get EA access for $5 a month and Madden 20 is now in the vault so you can play it unlimited.

Edited by Shockey1979

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/8/2020 at 6:54 AM, Shockey1979 said:

I have it on both PC and PS4 (Because I subscribe to Origin on PC, and EA access on PS4) and I think the game runs and feels much smoother on PS4. For some reason on PC when I'm using the PS4 controller to play the game the run mechanics just feel wonky and less responsive. Could just be my setup or something. But I use the controller on quite a few PC games with no issues. I play exclusively on the PS4 now.

You can get EA access for $5 a month and Madden 20 is now in the vault so you can play it unlimited.

This information is dated, but many of these guys are still involved in EA and Madden, but many of the EA Gamechangers are PS4 players, so the experience and feedback they are giving EA is slanted towards the PS4.  Most of the hardcore Madden guys game on the Playstation platform going back over a decade, especially sim league players.  When I ran a gaming website, it was hard to recruit any Xbox sim leagues.  They were all PS4 guys.  

So the next game will be literally impossible to run, and you can put up 600 plus yards each game through the air.  Sounds about right for how this game usually goes.  

You would think EA could get the AI right, but they still can't do it after all of these years.  DICE has been doing it for over a decade with Battlefield, so I don't know how they can't figure this out for the sports game.  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

This information is dated, but many of these guys are still involved in EA and Madden, but many of the EA Gamechangers are PS4 players, so the experience and feedback they are giving EA is slanted towards the PS4.  Most of the hardcore Madden guys game on the Playstation platform going back over a decade, especially sim league players.  When I ran a gaming website, it was hard to recruit any Xbox sim leagues.  They were all PS4 guys.  

And honestly, if someone here had the time to do Madden videos and turned this forum into a true discussion about the game, and Webby would put some things on the front page, that person would stand a great chance at becoming a Gamechanger considering the reach of this site.  

I never ever tried videos and don't have the time for it.  But everything else I used to do.