Madden 20

Cheesehawk

• 2 weeks later...
51 minutes ago, Tyty said:

Well that’s pathetic. Tom Brady accepted my 1 year $550k contract offer lol

I did the draft with a realistic class which was super neat and then lost interest one game into the season and deleted madden. It’s funny the only thing I’ve thought was neat about the game was a user made roster 

My brother got the itch during draft weekend and picked this up on the sale so I got it through gameshare. I really like the new Superstar KO mode. I really hope they build off of that with some additional ideas to improve even further for Madden 21. If they do, I may end up scooping Madden in a few months.

Of course, Franchise should be the #1 priority. But I've given up hope of them ever seriously overhauling that part of the game.

Edited by Cheesehawk
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Cheesehawk said:

My brother got the itch during draft weekend and picked this up on the sale so I got it through gameshare. I really like the new Superstar KO mode. I really hope they build off of that with some additional ideas to improve even further for Madden 21. If they do, I may end up scooping Madden in a few months.

Of course, Franchise should be the #1 priority. But I've given up hope of them ever seriously overhauling that part of the game.

They won't.  I wonder how long it is before they follow the lead of MLB The Show and ax online franchise.  

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

They won't.  I wonder how long it is before they follow the lead of MLB The Show and ax online franchise.  

Games like The Show and 2K are more capable of surviving the removal of a true franchise mode, even though i don't agree with it, because they have full fledged "MyPlayer" modes that the majority of the player base primarily plays anyways. Madden has been unable to replicate anything remotely similar to that due to the nature of the sport. The Superstar KO mode gives them potential to break into that market though if they go about it the right way. I've been of the belief for a solid 5 years now they would make a killing if they implemented a "MyPark" style mode with a created player where you can play in "NFL Street" style matches with your created player. 

12 hours ago, Cheesehawk said:

I really want to play a football game too...but I know if I spend even $20 on it, Im still going to end up largely disappointed.

So depressing.  I dont even need a perfect game.  If franchise were better, I could look past some of the gameplay flaws...but I play one season, then I get bored and agitated by all the shortcomings.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

I really want to play a football game too...but I know if I spend even $20 on it, Im still going to end up largely disappointed.

So depressing.  I dont even need a perfect game.  If franchise were better, I could look past some of the gameplay flaws...but I play one season, then I get bored and agitated by all the shortcomings.

Franchise is pretty terrible on its own. However, if you go through some madden forums and find a sim league (32 user league), it's really fun. Not sure how realistic that time commitment is for you but just something to consider.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steelers22 said:

Franchise is pretty terrible on its own. However, if you go through some madden forums and find a sim league (32 user league), it's really fun. Not sure how realistic that time commitment is for you but just something to consider.

Most of those leagues play 2 games a week, maybe more.  

I was in one with Chris McAlister (former Ravens CB) and a Bills assistant coach (at the time.). It was a good time, but that schedule commitment is rough.  And a lot of those guys are damn good at the game.  

We also had a couple EA GameChangers in there as well.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Most of those leagues play 2 games a week, maybe more.  

I was in one with Chris McAlister (former Ravens CB) and a Bills assistant coach (at the time.). It was a good time, but that schedule commitment is rough.  And a lot of those guys are damn good at the game.  

We also had a couple EA GameChangers in there as well.

The one I'm in plays once every three days. If you are new to the game, it will definitely be rough because you're right, the users are really good (typically). That said, if you're into the football X's and O's, it's a great route to go. In our league, for example, you can't play outside of your zone, you have to pick playbook's according to your scheme, and each coach's schemes comes with particular drawbacks and perks.

Just now, Steelers22 said:

The one I'm in plays once every three days. If you are new to the game, it will definitely be rough because you're right, the users are really good (typically). That said, if you're into the football X's and O's, it's a great route to go. In our league, for example, you can't play outside of your zone, you have to pick playbook's according to your scheme, and each coach's schemes comes with particular drawbacks and perks.

Right.  My site back in the day hosted some "sim" Madden leagues.  Once everyone started moving to GroupMe, amongst some other things in our own community, it became harder to keep everything together.  

I've played in a few Madden sim leagues in the past. It can be really fun, but it's time consuming for sure. In some of them they would advance 3 times a week. And I understand you try to make the play as realistic as possible, but some of the rules these leagues had were dumb. And you always had those 2-3 guys in the league who were huge tattle tales. 

And most of their rules made a lot of sense. like...

1. Can't drop back beyond 15 yards with your QB
2. Can't run the same play more than 5 times during a game on offense. 
3. No WR or RB at TE 

And most of these leagues had very strict 4th down rules. 

Ultimately I had to quit these leagues because I just couldn't put the time in to enjoy myself. I mean you had strict advance dates and when most of the league members weren't playing a league game, they were playing online, practicing versus random opponents. Most of your league members are going to be legit. 

Edited by holt_bruce81
  • Like 2