Madden 20

Cheesehawk

On 6/19/2020 at 10:58 AM, biggio7 said:

Well, you didn't play Madden 21. You have no idea what it will be like. You're right though. It might not be to your standard. But, to say the cover relates to the game itself is silly.

Sure...okay man.  I have no idea what it will be like,  even though its had many of the same glaring issues for 3 straight console generations.   Stiff, choppy canned animations that permanently restricts how good gameplay can be, terrible ball physics, laughable AI (especially secondary and special teams), buggy as hell, weak presentation top to bottom, garbage franchise mode, zero innovation and marginal effort for an annual release that charges $60 every year and bilks kids and fanboys out of huge money with MUT.

So yeah, I have a pretty good idea of what we are getting.  

And Im not saying covers relate to all games.  I wouldnt care about the cover if the game was good.    I was making a tongue in cheek comment about the poorly made M21 cover, and Im saying the lazy cover is befitting of a franchise that is so lazily made every year.

Edited by FourThreeMafia
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, FourThreeMafia said:

Sure...okay man.  I have no idea what it will be like,  even though its had many of the same glaring issues for 3 straight console generations.   Stiff, choppy canned animations that permanently restricts how good gameplay can be, terrible ball physics, laughable AI (especially secondary and special teams), buggy as hell, weak presentation top to bottom, garbage franchise mode, zero innovation and marginal effort for an annual release that charges $60 every year and bilks kids and fanboys out of huge money with MUT.

So yeah, I have a pretty good idea of what we are getting.  

And Im not saying covers relate to all games.  I wouldnt care about the cover if the game was good.    I was making a tongue in cheek comment about the poorly made M21 cover, and Im saying the lazy cover is befitting of a franchise that is so lazily made every year.

You're not wrong with the gameplay and such. I really don't care about the presentation. I'd wish they would really bump and boost the franchise. It is sad that Madden on ps2 was still way better. They are all about the money and MUT. It's annoying.

• Like 1

Gameplay isn't even the problem with Madden.  And I'd argue that if anything has been improved over the years, its that.  The game plays much better than it did 3-4 years ago.

Yea, sure, there are some flaws.  Run defense needs to be improved, for example.  But if Madden ignored gameplay for 2 years and focused strictly on improving other aspects of the game, such as presentation and game modes like franchise or superstar, then the game would be 10x better.

Personally, I enjoy playing the game.  It's how bare-bones it is that is an issue for me.  The reason NBA 2K is as popular as it is isn't because of the gameplay, but because of everything else you can do.  How it feels.  There is absolutely nothing to do in Madden outside of Ultimate Team.  Franchise mode doesn't have even 1/2 the features of MyGM.

I wish they would stop touting things like "improved animations" as improvements.  I couldn't care less about that.  I just want them to add features to the game.

Edited by iknowcool
  • Like 3

I was in shock the 1st time I played NBA2k MYleaue about a yr ago. You can change league wide rules, all historic team/player records were shown, ability to pick who won MVP, retired jerseys, create a team from scratch with unlimited amount of logo's available to you, move teams to a different conference, player cards with a lot of information, mock drafts, power rankings  etc.. no reason why madden can't have most of this stuff. I was able to sim through about 70 yrs before getting bored. it was fun seeing teams rise and fall throughout decades in the future. madden does not provide that kind of context to your franchise mode, it gets boring after 5 years for me.

Edited by August4th
  • Like 3

Youtubers/Madden content creators That Franchise Guy and RBT are both being very vocal telling people to not buy Madden 21 if you are a franchise mode person. The death knell  was referring to it as classic franchise and not connected franchise as if lamenting that no significant improvements are expected. 

If it wasn’t for the fact that I pre ordered Madden 21 for the cost of Speedy Rewards points I wouldn’t buy the new game. I’m not going to buy the PS5 until probably next year so I’m not going to do the upgrade for Madden 21

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

It’s been 4 hours since my last post and #FixMaddenFranchise is still trending #6 in the US on Twitter. 

I saw someone comment that Clint Oldenburg has blocked quite a few people on twitter today. 

Clint is a scumbag pansy who cant handle criticism. 

He blocked Ryan Moody, who makes great, subjective Madden videos, pointing out its flaws in a blunt, but respectful manner. He has blocked a ton of fans who merely pointed out flaws in the game.

Clunt is exactly the puppet EA wants, though.   Former Madden directors like Ian Cummings and Rex Dickson have already pointed out how bad things are at EA and how they are basically given a cookie cutter formula and arent allowed to veer off course and truly make the game better.

The NFL is just as much as part of the problem EA, though.    Both are sleazy organizations who exploit their fans for money.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, August4th said:

some ground breaking stuff here

EbxRcuUXsAEWRBJ?format=jpg&name=900x900

amazing that madden 21 and cyberpunk 2077 will cost the same price xD

I understand the franchise team primarily worked on Face of the Franchise, but there is no way that all right bullet points took more than a combined 15 hours. It’s really incredible. They would’ve been better off just excluding it from the blog entirely.