26.) Boston Celtics - Aleksej Pokusevski | PF | Olympiacos
27.) 
Miami Heat - Cassius Winston | PG | Michigan State
28.) Los Angeles Clippers - Kaleb Wesson | C | Ohio State
29.) 
Los Angeles Lakers - Ashton Hagans | PG | Kentucky
30.) 
Boston Celtics (via MIL) - Devin Vassell | GF | Florida State

lol this draft is gonna get wild. Definitely taking off work to watch this **** show.

The Draft Express guys have been super meh since they signed up with ESPN.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, NYRaider said:

Really feel it's because they're forced to push an ESPN type narrative. I used to highly regard Mike Schmitz but there's no way I believe any of this crap he's pushing about Melo as his #1 prospect. 

BK's Quick Top 14
1.) James Wiseman | C | Memphis
- Best tools in the draft, bar none. He'll be my #1 barring someone blowing me away down the stretch.
2.) Anthony Edwards | SG | Georgia
- If he could shoot, he'd be my #1. Has everything else you look for in a prospect but the shooting has a long ways to go.
3.) Jaden McDaniels | F | Washington
- Tantalizing tools all over the board. He's really raw but I could definitely see someone falling in love with him and taking him #1.
4.) Cole Anthony | G | North Carolina
- Injury derailed his season and he was off to a rough start due to having to shoulder a crazy load. Still the best scorer in this draft.
5.) Tyrese Haliburton | PG | Iowa State
- Everything you want in a modern NBA point guard. The only knock on him is athleticism. Could see him going #1 overall as well. This draft is wild.
6.) Nico Mannion | PG | Arizona
- First step isn't the greatest but he has a really good feel for the game. Needs to be a more consistent shooter in order to get the most out of his potential.
7.) Obi Toppin | PF | Dayton
- If he were a little younger, he'd be in my top 5. Think his NBA position is at the 3 but he needs to be more consistent on the perimeter. 
8.) Onyeka Okongwu | C | Southern California
- Kid is a monster on both ends of the court. Lots to like but he's not a modern day fit in the NBA so that knocks him down a peg. He could be Montrezl Harrell.
9.) Vernon Carey Jr | C | Duke
- Pretty much the same thing as OO above but he's shown the willingness to expand his game to the perimeter. If he gets that part of his game down, he's a top 4 prospect.
10.) Deni Avdija | SF | Maccabi Tel Aviv
- Has the size and scoring prowess to be a #2 scorer on a good team. Still hasn't put it all together but has the potential to be the best player from the class if it all clicks.
11.) Precious Achiuwa | SF | Memphis
- IF, and that's a huge if, the shooting is real (SSS - 12 3pt attempts all year), his ceiling becomes huge. A great rebounder from the 3 spot but absolutely needs to be able to shoot at the NBA level. Think he loses a lot of effectiveness if he has to play the 4 due to limited shooting ability.
12.) Isaac Okoro | SF | Auburn
- He's built like a Mack truck and is a major problem on the defensive end. Has All-NBA defense upside. Needs to learn to shoot if he wants to reach offensive ceiling, otherwise he's limited on the NBA level there.
13.) Jahmi'us Ramsey | SG | Texas Tech
- With Isaiah Joe falling off the map, Ramsey is making the case as the best shooter in college basketball. Could end up inside the top 10 if he continues his shooting pace.
14.) LaMelo Ball | PG | Illawarra
- Yes, I suppose I'll rank him. I don't think he's a top talent but more a result of this draft being poor. He has tools but he's so far from reaching them, I have a hard enough time putting a 1st round grade on him in most drafts. He gets a lotto spot here due to how weak this draft is. 

Edited by beekay414
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, NYRaider said:

I'm pretty sure their mocks/rankings have always been based on talking to GMs/scouts on NBA teams, not a personal big board. 

Their analysis on Twitter + their YT breakdowns are just as good. And now they also get to breakdown film w/ the prospects, and they are the only draft guys with that ability. 

Edited by 11sanchez11

On 1/9/2020 at 1:13 AM, NYRaider said:

An ESPN article published today stated that almost no NBA teams went to scout LaMelo in person this season before he went down with a season ending foot injury. And that teams are considered with his durability, his erractic work ethic, potential distractions generated by LaVar, and his glaring inconsistency with perimeter shooting, defense, and general half court scoring prowess. 

so you're saying he isn't going number 1 ? better chance he doesn't even go in RD1 IMO.

18 hours ago, beekay414 said:

Jonathan Givony's mock draft...

1.) Cleveland Cavaliers - Anthony Edwards | SG | Georgia
2.)
Atlanta Hawks - James Wiseman | C | Memphis
3.)
Golden State Warriors - LaMelo Ball | PG | Illawarra
4.)
New York Knicks - Tyrese Haliburton | PG | Iowa State
5.) 
Charlotte Hornets - Deni Avdija | GF | Maccabi Tel Aviv
6.) 
Washington Wizards - Tyrese Maxey | G | Kentucky
7.) 
Chicago Bulls - Cole Anthony | G | North Carolina
8.) 
Phoenix Suns - RJ Hampton | PG | New Zealand
9.) 
Boston (via MEM) - Nico Mannion | PG | Arizona
10.) 
Minnesota Timberwolves - Isaac Okoro | SF | Auburn
11.) 
New Orleans Pelicans - Killian Hayes | G | Ulm
12.) 
Sacramento Kings - Jaden McDaniels | F | Washington
13.) 
Detroit Pistons - Precious Achiuwa | SF | Memphis
14.) 
Portland Trail Blazers - Obi Toppin | F | Dayton
15.) 
Atlanta (via BKN) - Josh Green | GF | Arizona
16.) 
San Antonio Spurs - Onyeka Okongwu | FC | Southern California
17.) 
Orlando Magic - Theo Maledon | PG | Villeurbanne
18.) 
Oklahoma City Thunder - Vernon Carey | C | Duke
19.) 
Milwaukee Bucks (via IND) - Isaiah Stewart | C | Washington
20.) 
Brooklyn Nets (via PHI) - Patrick Williams | F | Florida State
21.) 
Dallas Mavericks - Zeke Nnaji | C | Arizona
22.) 
Oklahoma City (via DEN) - Aaron Nesmith | SF | Vanderbilt
23.) 
Utah Jazz - Tre Jones | PG | Duke
24.) 
Toronto Raptors - Robert Woodard | SF | Mississippi State
25.) Houston Rockets - Jahmi'us Ramsey | SG | Texas Tech
26.) Boston Celtics - Aleksej Pokusevski | PF | Olympiacos
27.) 
Miami Heat - Cassius Winston | PG | Michigan State
28.) Los Angeles Clippers - Kaleb Wesson | C | Ohio State
29.) 
Los Angeles Lakers - Ashton Hagans | PG | Kentucky
30.) 
Boston Celtics (via MIL) - Devin Vassell | GF | Florida State

lol this draft is gonna get wild. Definitely taking off work to watch this **** show.

While I like Mannion Boston has no need for him at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Is Garza not even considered a fringe 1st round prospect? One of the best players in CBB but I don't see him in many mocks, which I understand. Not exactly the type of player the NBA is looking for, a lesser Frank Kaminsky (as a prospect). He can at least shoot the 3, which last year's most productive CBB center, Happ (who went undrafted), couldn't do. 

On 1/22/2020 at 10:41 AM, RandyMossIsBoss said:

Is Garza not even considered a fringe 1st round prospect? One of the best players in CBB but I don't see him in many mocks, which I understand. Not exactly the type of player the NBA is looking for, a lesser Frank Kaminsky (as a prospect). He can at least shoot the 3, which last year's most productive CBB center, Happ (who went undrafted), couldn't do. 

just noticed you asked the same question.. In a weak draft you would think a college POTY type player could go RD1.

51 minutes ago, resilient part 2 said:

just noticed you asked the same question.. In a weak draft you would think a college POTY type player could go RD1.

Yeah, I mean before Zion I think the last 3 POTYs were all 2nd round picks, but they were guards + like you said, weak class. Still thinking he'll end up a 2nd rounder. Just not a good fit in modern NBA. He's only an average athlete, which in turn projects him as a guy who would struggle covering NBA PnR and guys in space, and his main source of scoring is on post ups, which NBA shies more and more away from every year. He can shoot, so stretch 4 is his best bet where he could have a size advantage and not be tasked with rim protection, but that would also require him to defend opposing 4s which I'm not sure he could do.

Unless you're an Embiid, great size + athlete, or a Jokic, great size + skill, you're probably not going to be able to make a living as a post up player in the NBA in 2020. Garza's bread and butter is beating you before he even receives the ball from what I've seen, then once he gets the ball he's got deep enough position that he can just sink the short hook. Not going to be able to get deep position in the NBA consistently, not even 7 ft 290 lb Joker does unless he's got a switch. 

I could see him be a productive role player, but it seems teams don't touch you in the 1st unless they think you could become a key cog, even if odds of reaching ceiling are very small. I'd take him in the 1st, I could see him develop into a Kanter level contributor. 

Garza is easily a top 10 pick 5-6 years ago. Remember Cody Zeller as a top 5 pick? Frank top 10? Unfortunate for him how much the NBA has changed in such little time. NBA wants athletic 7 footers who can run the floor and protect the rim.

• Like 1